Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
It's really unfortunate that the New Mexico motion wasn't included in the big document because I feel it's the most important and substantive one I've seen in a long time. (When it came before the region, I did have some concerns about certain details of the motion, though those are secondary to its main impact.)

Lynn
Old 12-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #62
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Proceedures question.

Im not clear on how this plays out. Were these motions made at the winter meeting for vote at the international meeting, or are they to be decided upon at the winter meeting?

Who votes on the motions? units, regions, the IBT, elves in a hollow tree?

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #63
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
Im not clear on how this plays out. Were these motions made at the winter meeting for vote at the international meeting, or are they to be decided upon at the winter meeting?

Who votes on the motions? units, regions, the IBT, elves in a hollow tree?
These motions are on the agenda for the winter meeting of the IBT next month. Most of the motions came directly from members of the IBT while others started at the unit level.

Since they are changes to the by laws and not the constitution they will be voted on by the members of the IBT.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #64
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
These motions are on the agenda for the winter meeting of the IBT next month. Most of the motions came directly from members of the IBT while others started at the unit level.

Since they are changes to the by laws and not the constitution they will be voted on by the members of the IBT.
So I gather the chances of #26 passing is fairly slim. That is a double disappointment as I was also rooting for the elves

Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
I'm not that completely sure that 26 wouldn't at least result in some serious discussion. It was, after all, brought up through the unit and supported at the Region 11 meeting.

Lynn
Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #66
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
So I gather the chances of #26 passing is fairly slim. That is a double disappointment as I was also rooting for the elves too
I would not give up on this motion. I think it is going to draw a lot of attention at different levels of the club. It is the only motion that offers a realistic solution to cutting costs. The IBT includes 12 Region Presidents, it would be helpful if members contacted their Region President and let them know that they support the motion. I personally do not think it goes far enough, but it is a good start.

Richard

Old 12-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Pontiac Silverdome

Instead of a $100,000.00+ dollar in the "RED" International Rally and Lord only knows what was spent, the WBCCI should have purchased the "Pontiac Silverdome" in Pontiac, Michigan! The Pontiac Silverdome is a domed stadium located in the city of Pontiac, Michigan. It sits on 127 acres. At only $583,000.00 it was a steal! We could have had a permanent International Rally location, could have been rented out for over events, and you know they had enough power for every trailer in the WBCCI, seats 18,000 for WBCCI growth.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
I like it
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Quote:
I would not give up on this motion. I think it is going to draw a lot of attention at different levels of the club. It is the only motion that offers a realistic solution to cutting costs. The IBT includes 12 Region Presidents, it would be helpful if members contacted their Region President and let them know that they support the motion. I personally do not think it goes far enough, but it is a good start.
I think the juice of the proposal is in some of the details in the discussion below the list of collapsed regions.

For instance, the proposal indicates that "Region Officers will be expected to visit each of their units once during their 4 years of reimbursable travel." However, consider the shere size of the new western region, encompassing California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming. Granted, some of these states don't have a large number of units, but some of them do. And the distances involved are very considerable. I wouldn't want to be a region officer for that area!

Another example is that the International Board travel would be "limited to" region rallies or similarly large events. There's a lot left unsaid here. Is the board required to attend these rallies? What rally, if any, would these folks be required to attend (remembering that members' dues foot the bill for required travel to a rally). If they aren't required to attend, then wouldn't it perhaps follow that reimbursement for non-required attendance should also be eliminated?

Finally, I am concerned about this point: "The current International Rally would be phased into one of the Region Rallies by rotation unless a Region declines to be designated as an International Rally Host" (underlining by me). If a given region decides against hosting the international, then there are all sorts of less than pretty implications that might follow.

Lynn
Old 12-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I'd prefer that the region hosting the International hold it over the July 4th week.

Easier for everyone since everyone knows when it will be.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #71
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
I'd prefer that the region hosting the International hold it over the July 4th week.

Easier for everyone since everyone knows when it will be.
Even if it was in Phoenix?

Richard

Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #72
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
wise man does not provide rope to hang oneself

or so I am told, not being one myself.....

Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
Quote:
Even if it was in Phoenix?
Richard,

Don't forget while you are heading for the mountains in July and August. Karen and I are out in the desert boondocking.

Besides it would only be once every seven years or so.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Old 12-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #74
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
The release or leak of the “Profit and Loss Statement” along with the 36% dues increase is having the intended effect, i.e., getting the general membership worked up into a rebellious state that major changes can no longer be ignored by the IBT.

Could it be the “Maker” of Motion/Item No 14, Myron Fisher, Treasurer or someone else on the inside is in reality a clever politician working for positive reform? Change won’t happen without a mini revolution. It appears that reforms can only happen by first getting people to figuratively run to the window and scream: “I’m mad as hell and I won’t take it anymore.”

A few members have really got this ball rolling, and we need a ground swell of backers. Many good ideas are being expressed and we must keep up the momentum by applying pressure for positive change. Lets hope we’re successful.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
"You say you want a revolution, well, you know----we'd all love to see the plan." (Lennon & McCartny)
Old 12-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #76
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post

Maybe you should run for International President, nominated from the floor. I can hear the nomination now...

Ladies and Gentleman, all the way from NYC, put your hands together and let's vote for "Say NO to Lawrence Welk Attitudes", Bobby the @#^%#"

I want to make that nomination!
I'll run but I need travel expenses covered, it's only fair afterall my oponent will be getting paid. Why shouldn't anyone oposeing get it.

If I win I get $$$ anyway.

I know one thing for sure I can negotiate a deal for the International rally without any guaranteed minimum number of units showing up and paying a penalty.

Do you think Don Trump would take that deal?

We can call it the Anti - Ancients ticket

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
We can call it the Anti - Ancients ticket
It aint the age baby. It's the attitude.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #78
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
That too,

but when I addreseed to group in Perry
the people on the stage were Ancients

I thought I was in a nursing home

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #79
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I was on the board of an organization where just about everyone had grey hair. It was a large board—18. When someone who did not have grey hair joined the board they lasted a year or two and moved on. I'd go to the annual meeting (smaller every year too) and almost everyone had grey hair. The organization, despite some major successes in its achieving it's goals, was losing members.

Whenever I'd mention this and explain how the internet works, there was agreement this was a problem, but nothing got done. I left the board for other reasons. Still they are losing members and donations are dropping rapidly. They briefly used the internet to raise money, but didn't continue that for inexplicable reasons since it did help raise money.

The grey hairs were good people who promoted change in others, but didn't live it. Even this supposedly progressive organization was hidebound. When you have an organizational leadership that actively resists change, the problem is compounded.

For the record, I have grey hair and am an Ancient, but when I'd point out the changes happening in organizations and how to adapt, no one wanted to act. It is very hard to change the direction of any organization and generally requires a painful crisis, and even then, it is astoundingly difficult to reverse the decline. This is sad because it means the decline and death of organizations with a history of achievement.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #80
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
It's all part of the ''run off the non-sheep" plan. ie if they don't like it they can leave. I really get a charge out of the "change it from inside" crowd.

I see no need to pay for other's camping given realtime informational technologies. Ever notice how the International and Regional Officers don't mix with the people when they attend a rally.

Is there some rule that you cann't belong to more than one organization. I think not.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote