Old 12-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Airstream does not give a free 1 year membership. All they give you is a application and a sample copy of The Blue Beret.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
Airstream does not give a free 1 year membership. All they give you is a application and a sample copy of The Blue Beret.
Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I thought they gave them a free 1 year membership.

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
When we purchased our first Airstream in 2003, the WBCCI had a policy of giving the first year's membership free. We did not know of that policy when we joined but the membership chair of our unit was able to get our second year free. As I recall, the policy was stopped since the renewal rate for those members was dismal.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
The elites of the Club are relying on the apathy of the great mass of the Club. ... Anyone seen any evidence that the current elites are willing to be replaced with people who want to drag the Club into the current time frame?
To a great degree, it is not apathy. The powers have cunningly concealed the mess the club is in from the members in the units. When I try to get information out to my unit, I am told by the "wheels" that I am being negative.

The elite aren't going to be replaced anytime soon. The election process in this club takes its model from places like Iran. The elites nominate their buddies and then load the election process so that anyone else has substantially no chance of being elected. The last successful floor candidate was boosted into place by a former IP. That candidate then turned around and locked out later floor candidates by denying them access to the electorate through the magazine.

Nominees and floor candidates are free to tell us how long they have been married and how many caravans they have been on. They are forbidden to tell the electorate what they intend to do if elected.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Rivet Master

How about we switch?

Does not seem fair to me,

They “REDUCE” spending by 10% on themselves, while “DUES” are “INCREASED” by 36.5% on us!

How about we switch those numbers??
Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The free year program was dropped because less than 15% of the people receiving the free year renewed the second year. Management thought they were giving away too much for a poor return.

The reality is only 10% of the Airstream owners currently feel WBCCI is worth joining. When you break that down to owners of new Airstreams, it is even less. The company is not targeting, with their product line up, people who would be interested in/ or get much benefit from, of an association with the International level of the WBCCI. The target market for the Airstream company is younger affluent couples who want to use their Airstream to visit parks and tour and may have kids. WBCCI management does not seem able or willing to adjust the services the club offers to target that market. As long as we stick with the same management and marketing team, things will not change. The current management team is getting just what they want (and think that they deserve) out of how the club is run now. The captains will chose to go down with the ship instead of turning it over to people with better ideas, which are different than theirs. If the International was a separate club from the locals and people could join the locals without joining the International, the International membership would be less that 2,000. Currently, the benefits offered by the locals (at no expense to the international) are keeping the International afloat. Less than 1,000 couples are getting any International benefits (other than the Blue Beret) from belonging to WBCCI.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I purchased a 2010 FC 25 fb in October. Did I get a free 1 yr membership in WBCCI-NO; cap, NO; T-shirt, NO; chair, NO, but I did get a Kelty bag with the AS papers. I did get to take the AS home along with a note for the balance.
The first of November I got contacted by the Iowa unit about membership, the dues would be $70.00/yr with 15 to the unit and 55 to WBCCI, I asked what this would be for and was told I would get a monthly newsletter and the WBCCI magazine. ?????
I get Airstream Life and The Air forum and from what I see there is more information here than the previous. The NOVA sounds interesting.
Until WBCCI changes, I do NOT think I will join.
"It"s not what _____ can do for you; it's what you can do for_____." If one tries, they would probably end up like Bob Thompson; kicked out.
mike
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Dues

I wonder what would haapen, if each of us, paid just half of the dues, with a note attached that the other half is being held in escrow, until these currect issues are at least brought to a table for review, discussion, AND CHANGES?

Andy
Old 12-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Interesting that the 1st reaction to a serious drop in membership is to increase the cost to the remaining (some might say "faithful") membership (by over 36%!), and NOT to attempting to find the ways and means to increase membership!

Or did I miss something?

Shocking. Simply shocking.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Jesus, what an ugly budget report! With numbers like that, I can see the membership numbers dwindle even more. I'm glad I'm no longer a part of this sinking behemoth.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Site Team

, Minnesota
Really agree with you there Frederic. How did they make the budget, with a random number generator?

You'd think after so many years they'd be able to estimate income and expenses within +/- 10%, not +/- 75%.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
The problem I see is the people on this forum know the problems but the majority of the WBCCI membership have no idea what's going on.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #27
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
Really agree with you there Frederic. How did they make the budget, with a random number generator?

You'd think after so many years they'd be able to estimate income and expenses within +/- 10%, not +/- 75%.
Is there really any fiduciary responsibilty tied to the IBT, that has any true meaning?

Yeah, about the same as GM, AIG, and B of A.

At least it's not an "ENRON".

Again, when it's others money to freely spend, it used to be said, "the sky"s the limit".

But that was before the space age.

Now it's more like "the stars are the limit", and it looks like the rockets of the IBT have been refueled, regardless of the costs.

Andy
Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Chatham , Ontario
You know ... I was actually considering joining ...

A rate increase that high, with a financial report like that, isn't the way to get new members!

I don't think I'll bother ......