Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Problem with IBT Amendment No. 1

All,

Below is a email I sent out last night. This "PROOF" shows there is a "BIG" problem with the "Amendment No. 1, by the IBT". This however, does not mean you stop fighting to have this "Amendment" killed by "VOTING NO". The "IBT" will just change the rules to make sure it goes forward. But, thought you should see what I found. Make sure your "Delegate" just "VOTES NO".

Paul Waddell
WDCU Prez (In the wordds of Richard Nixon "I'm not a crook")

To all, IBT, Region Officers and Region 2 Unit Presidents, after receiving the information sent out to the Unit Officers of the WBCCI with regards to the "Amendment No. 1" "Proposed by: International Board of Trustees" to make changes to "Article VI", "Qualifications of Members, Section. 1, to add the following words,
"OR A CLASS-A MOTORHOME MANUFACTURED BY THE FOUR WINDS INTERNATIONAL DIVISION OF THOR INDUSTRIES, INC."
Also the amendment say’s "by striking the following:" "MANUFACTURED BY AIRSTREAM, INC," In "Article VI Section 2B"
Based on the "FACT" that "Max Carmichael" head of the "Constitution and Bylaws Committee" stated in his letter to the "IBT" that said and I quote: "The WBCCI C&B Committee ask that the motion be returned to the Study Committee to add the needed Article, Section and Page Placement as well as direction on removal of unnecessary verbiage from the WBCCI Constitution" end quote. The FACT is, based on Max Carmichael’s own words an Amendment "MUST" have this information. Also, based on the "FACT" this information is "NEEDED" that would mean "ONLY" these "Articles, Section and Page Placements as well as direction on removal of unnecessary verbiage from the WBCCI Constitution" and only the wording of these "Articles, Sections and Page Placements" my be change during the voting process held during the summer "IBT Delegates Meeting" in Perry, GA this June. This must be a FACT/RULE or else "Max Carmichael" would not have instructed them to do so in order for it to be voted upon by the Unit Delegates. In other words, any changes to OTHER "Articles, Sections and Page Placements" still MUST be present to the "Unit Delegates" BEFORE the deadline of "April 1" and cannot be changed at the "IBT Unit Delegates Meeting".
The problem with "Amendment No.1" presented by the "IBT" for a vote is, it FAILED to include "Article XI, Section 3" under "Club Organization". The Article and Sections state "All Units shall hold not less than two(2) assembled rallies each year at which members attend with their recreational vehicles manufactured by Airstream, Inc"
Even if "Amendment No. 1" were to pass, no owners of "Four Winds Motorhomes" may attend more than one rally or caravan under the "buddy" section of the WBCCI By-Law, because "Article XI, Section 3" under "Club Organization" states "recreational vehicles manufactured by Airstream, Inc".
Based on the FACT that ALL "Articles, Sections and Page Placements" MUST be part of the proposed amendment and ONLY such "Articles, Sections and Page Placement" can be change during the "IBT Unit Delegates Meeting". This to "must" be a "FACT" or else "Max Carmichael" would not have sent back the "original" Amendment to have the "Article and Section" numbers included. We are currently "PAST" the "DEADLINE" of "APRIL 1" for notification to the WBCCI Unit Presidents, so this Amendment in its "current" state should be considered "NULL AND VOID" and "REMOVED" for voting at the "IBT Unit Delegates Meeting". Why would anyone want to include members that "CANNOT ATTEND" the very rallies, caravans and friendship for which is the reason the "IBT" is asking for this Amendment to be passed. If this were an Amendment proposed by anyone else, the "IBT" would strike it down as being "incomplete". So, based on the "NEEDED" "Articles and Section" numbers and a "history" of the IBT striking down "incomplete" Amendments, the only "RIGHT" thing for the "IBT" to do is either "REMOVE" or "STRIKEDOWN" its own proposed Amendment to the WBCCI Constitution.
This Amendment in its current state should not be voted on at the "IBT Meeting" this summer. And under the rules in the WBCCI Constitution, we are PAST the DEALINE of April 1 to make the changes. Therefore, this amendment should be "REMOVED" for a vote from the "Summer IBT Delegates Meeting". Also, one would hope the "IBT" would not try and pull a fast one and say, this is not of importance. If it was important enough for "Max Carmichael" to state in his letter to the "Study Committee" that the Amendment "NEEDED" this informationto be included for "Article VI Section 1 and Article VI Section 2B" then it "MUST" be "NEEDED" for any other Articles and Sections to be changed. "PERIOD"
Paul Waddell
WDCU President
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It looks like a good morning. I think Paul just made my day! a little victory dance.

Paul this is major obviously. Think the IBT will change the rules? I think they might too. But wouldn't that be reason for club sanctions to be brought against them? Has there ever been a time when officers were removed from office? Basically it is illegal, correct? Once brought to their attention it then becomes an intentional act and they are culpable for the misactions if they continue, correct?

What an e-mail. I hope you keep us posted as to the responses you receive. I wish you were my unit president. You have so much going for you. Hey, you are my unit president! Lucky WDCU and the rest of WBCCI to have unit presidents working earnestly and with effort to keep the club. This is the type of officer we need and openly communicating.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
This however, does not mean you stop fighting to have this Amendment killed by VOTING NO. The IBT will just change the rules to make sure it goes forward. But, thought you should see what I found. Make sure your Delegate just VOTES NO.
Thanks Paul. Is it possible to VOTE NO CONFIDENCE in the IBT and have them all removed?
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Good job Paul!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Thanks for being on top of this Paul! I know we have to stay vigilant, but wouldn't it be nice if we could just get all this SOB business behind us and get on with building a better WBCCI? Maybe this will bring us a step closer.

Good work!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #6

2002 25' Safari
Marion , Iowa
Paul,

I am sure glad that I changed my membership to WDCU this year.

Now, if we could promote new, lasting membership from the many airstream owners out there, rather than chasing them away as we are doing now, we could grow the club.
Nana in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Paul,

Thanks for your work and research. I think that the IBT paniced when Airstream/Thor stated that there would not be an "Airstream Edition" sticker due to "insurance reasons" and the lacking section and article numbers was a ruse to completely change the motion. Also annointing these motorhomes "Wally Byam Editions" was really dumb and they realized as much. As a result, no special identification.

You might consider posting this over at the WBCCI forums also.

Just my personal opinion,

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Paul,

Nice attention to details on that one. Karma to you. Folks, now you are seeing just one great reason we switched from the SNU to the WDCU.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Got Vote?!

Wow! Looks like a lot of us have been doing the old switchola. We're also proud new members of WDCU!

- Doug & Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #10
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Paul-

WOW, great work! Last night while I was with the Thor Board of Directors along with Bob Wheeler, WBCCI came up in conversation and I quickly ducked! Talk about a hot potato! I just can't wait for July to be over so we all know what we are standing on! please keep up the great work and keep us Posted.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Paul-

WOW, great work! Last night while I was with the Thor Board of Directors along with Bob Wheeler, WBCCI came up in conversation and I quickly ducked! Talk about a hot potato! I just can't wait for July to be over so we all know what we are standing on! please keep up the great work and keep us Posted.
Rick,

What a juicy little tidbit you just dropped, will you be able to expand on that someday?

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 04-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Rick, you know you have me sitting straight up and at full attention. What's this?

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Thanks Paul. Is it possible to VOTE NO CONFIDENCE in the IBT and have them all removed?
Mistral Blue,

I don't know how the voting for Region and International officers is done, but I told my president if there is a vote held, my vote is NO. I have a feeling that the vote is by acclamation after presentation of the slate of officers. Perhaps someone with more experience will know the answer.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 04-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Law school?

Okay you all must be a bunch of lawyers. I tried reading this twice and my eyes crossed.

Can anyone speak English on this? I was reading the most recent Beret and there was an interesting editorial from the International President.

Why would we allow only 1 kind of Thor product? I'm all for 'grandfathering' current AS MOHO owners but to allow specific Thor motorhomes into WBCCI but not other Thor products doesn't seem right. Sorry but an Airstream is an Airstream.

My best friend has a Thor product (not a MO) and he can't join WBBCI. Why would I vote for other people to be allowed into the club simply because they bought a specific 'high dollar' Thor brand? If we allow in the MOHO's we should allow all Thor products.

I love democracy though....so whatever the concensus vote show will rule the land.

Mitch
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I'll take a stab at it.

The IBT made the amendment to the constitution motion to allow FourWinds Class A Motorhomes into the club.

However in the club's by-laws which is a set of housekeeping (or clarification rules etc.) The bylaw currently in effect says only Airstream products can go to rallies except for one buddy rally to try basically.

If the motion was passed and the constitution changed and the bylaw was not changed, the new members could not go to the rallies, except for one.

It is discovered that the bylaws need to be changed in that regard, but they missed the cut off date for this year to do that.

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I'll take a stab at it.

The IBT made the amendment to the constitution motion to allow FourWinds Class A Motorhomes into the club.

However in the club's by-laws which is a set of housekeeping (or clarification rules etc.) The bylaw currently in effect says only Airstream products can go to rallies except for one buddy rally to try basically.

If the motion was passed and the constitution changed and the bylaw was not changed, the new members could not go to the rallies, except for one.

It is discovered that the bylaws need to be changed in that regard, but they missed the cut off date for this year to do that.
Carol,

Great summary, I think that is the Readers Digest Condensed version.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Close, but no cigar

Carol,

You are close, but no cigar. "Article XI, Section 3" "Club Organization" is part of the "WBCCI Constitution" NOT the "By-Laws". They are two "VERY" different things. The "WBCCI Constitution"" under "Article XV, Section 1" "By-Laws and Policy" says the following:

"By-Laws and Polices not inconsistent with this Constitution embodying additional provisions for the government of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., may be adopted by the Board of Trustees".

So, what does this mean? If the screwup was part of the "By-Laws" they could just change it to fit there needs. "BUT" being the "SCREWUP" is part of the "WBCCI Constitution" they "CANNOT". Again, two "VERY" different things.

But again, to not stop fighting!! Do not let your Delegate deal at the IBT this summer, NO is NO!!!

Also, "EVERY" member of the "WBCCI" Should take the time to "read" and "understand" the "Constitution and the By-Laws" of the WBCCI. I hate to say, I have read both at lease 10 times cover to cover(I have no life). Also, being that we use "Roberts Rules" it's a good idea to know were you can get info on those.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Rick----Interesting response by you to "Duck" listening or contributing to conversation on WBCCI with the THOR Board. Listening for awhile would have provided you background on the Boards level of understanding of WBCCI and then perhaps a chance to pass along an educating comment or two without jeprodizing your primary business reasons for being at this meeting.
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #19
Certifiable

. , .
Who are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Paul-

rich;
So you were "with" Wade Thompson, Peter Orthwein, Coleman Davis, Geoff Thormpson, Alan Siegal, Bill Tomson, Jan Suwinski, Neil Chrisman and Bob Wheeler last night? Tell us, why did you "duck" when the WBCCI was mentioned? Do you represent the WBCCI in some capacity? How did you become part of that inner sanctum? Just curious.
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Mitch,

Here's the skinny,

In the "WBCCI Constitution" there are "two" areas that spell out the "NEED" to own a "recreational vehicle manufacture by Airstream". One is in the area under "Qualifications of Membership" the other (which they forgot) is under "Club Organization". In their "rush" to get this Amendment passed against the will of the members, they "forgot" the second area under "Club Organization" also, being this is part to the "WBCCI Constitution" they cannot change it willie-nillie, if it were in the "By-Laws" they could.

Also, in the "By-Laws" it states that a person owning a "non-Airsrteam" can attend one(1) rally and that has to be a "buddy rally". The reason this rule was put in place was because they "WBCCI" "did not" want members selling their Airstreams and buying an "SOB" and still coming to rallies. Since the "By-Laws" cannot be "inconsistent" with the "WBCCI Constitution" they cannot say one thing and the Constitution another. Questions???