Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Weeki Wachee , Florida
Please Help Me

I just called WBCCI to get assistance with finding the previous owner of an Airstream Overlander. I gave her the 5 digit number on the trailer, which were in Blue, and she said they only use red and the number I gave was not active but she was not willing to go back in the directory to find out who that number was registered to.

If my numbers are blue, 21932, what club are those numbers from?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Chances are if they are blue, they are Airforum numbers. (I believe you are 62580)

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Blue numbers would be more likely to be an Airforums membership number.

You can go to Airforums->Community->Member Numbers and will find Airforums 21932 on page 201. They do not currently have a trailer listed.

A blue WBCCI number is unlikely but not impossible. I see you have already asked this question on the "Research by WBCCI number?" thread. You will probably eventually get an answer to your questions there. Bear in mind the people who answer these questions are WBCCI members with collections of old directories who have to page through them by hand to find the answer. By now many WBCCI numbers have been assigned more than once, so it takes some digging to come up with a good answer.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Weeki Wachee , Florida
Well I found the AIR number and the user it was assigned too but it says he has not been a member since 2007. I am trying to track down the last registered owner to try and find the title for this trailer but dont think I will be lucky since the user probably does not check this sight anymore.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
You bought a trailer without a title given to you with the trailer? Previous owner has the responsibility to sign and turn over the title to you in most states. Without a title, you can not even be sure he had the right to sell it.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
If the AIRForums membership still uses the email address they used to sign up, they'll probably receive an email if you send them a PM.

Have you researched the title with the state in which the trailer is registered (or was last registered)? That might get you an address, though it may be a stale one.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I doubt very much that the numbers are AirForum member numbers. The number traces back to someone who has not been on the site since the day they registered in 2007. No post were ever made by this member and they listed their trailer as "currently looking".

It is possible that the red numbers turned blue after being in the sun for many years. I have seen some of the Wally Byam Caravan plaques do the same thing.

There are some members with old directories that can help, but this is not an exact science. Numbers can be reassigned after a member leaves the club and numbers can move from trailer to trailer as a member buys and sell trailers.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
You bought a trailer without a title given to you with the trailer? Previous owner has the responsibility to sign and turn over the title to you in most states. Without a title, you can not even be sure he had the right to sell it.
Frank, how did you buy this without a registration or title (not all states are title states)? Searching the WBCCI number may help you as this may have been stolen and you may find the proper owner. If you bought it from a thief or someone else who bought a stolen trailer, be aware that a thief cannot give you a valid bill of sale or any other such document, so you would be out the money you spent.

You can also research the VIN to try to track down previous owners.

Gene