Old 09-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Old WBCCI Directories

I was recently contacted by a Forum member by private email that he had just picked up some old WBCCI directories and wanted to know if I was interested in them.I responded back by email and then by private message that I was.Even though this member is online daily I did not receive a response.He must have had a change of heart.

But this got me to thinking that it would be a good idea to expand on my existing archive of directories.I have most of the directories from 1984-2006.I use these directories to help Forum members who have a question on a little history of 'the big red numbers' on their coaches.Many Forum members can attest to this and I really enjoy helping out whenever I can.I also would like to compile another complete or near complete set of directories so the WBCCI history is not lost.

So...If there are any Forum members who have or know of someone who has any old WBCCI directories,I am interested.

I would certainly cover any shipping costs incurred by the member and the directories would be going to 'a good home'.I would continue to use these directories to answer any Forum member requests and at the same time help preserve a little piece of WBCCI history.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Mike just helped me trace my number history...found out what I wanted to know. Many thanks!!
Tom

Old 09-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Red Stars

I have had several folks contact me (another today)inquiring what the red stars mean that are beside the 'big red numbers'.
A star is obtained for each 5 years of membership in the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI).

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 09-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
Tin Hut did I already ask you for info on my recent purchase if so I musta forgot the # is 25799 any ideas? ...SAM

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Our friend SAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibgl6
Tin Hut did I already ask you for info on my recent purchase if so I musta forgot the # is 25799 any ideas? ...SAM
Hi SAM,
As a matter of fact you did

http://www.airforums.com/forum...tml#post269014

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 10-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1965 28' Ambassador
NewCastle , Pennsylvania
I believe I just ran across two or three, not sure on the years or if the wife will be willing to part with them. She found them and is more into that type of thing. I'll let you know.
Tbrom
Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Tbrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrom
I believe I just ran across two or three, not sure on the years or if the wife will be willing to part with them. She found them and is more into that type of thing. I'll let you know.
Tbrom

Whichever way it works out,thanks for the post.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1965 28' Ambassador
NewCastle , Pennsylvania
We have four directories. Two are for Pennsylvania only I believe 1973 and 1978. We also have a larger 1972 and 1978. Do you have these?
Tbrom
Old 10-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
What a data base that would be! Can you imagine all the directories from the 50's to date with names numbers caravans and postions held in one great big fun data base? I only have them going back to the turn of the century and probably have lost a few of them.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
I was recently contacted by a Forum member by private email that he had just picked up some old WBCCI directories and wanted to know if I was interested in them.I responded back by email and then by private message that I was.Even though this member is online daily I did not receive a response.He must have had a change of heart.

But this got me to thinking that it would be a good idea to expand on my existing archive of directories.I have most of the directories from 1984-2006.I use these directories to help Forum members who have a question on a little history of 'the big red numbers' on their coaches.Many Forum members can attest to this and I really enjoy helping out whenever I can.I also would like to compile another complete or near complete set of directories so the WBCCI history is not lost.

So...If there are any Forum members who have or know of someone who has any old WBCCI directories,I am interested.

I would certainly cover any shipping costs incurred by the member and the directories would be going to 'a good home'.I would continue to use these directories to answer any Forum member requests and at the same time help preserve a little piece of WBCCI history.
Mike,
I have slowly been trying to do the same thing, except my directory collection seems to have far more holes than yours. If you run across any duplicates, I'd be more than happy to take them off your (or someone else's) hands for a nominal fee plus shipping. In fact, I will go so far as to say that I am interested in any old Airstream or WBCCI documentation": books, pamphlets, video's, etc.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Mike,
I have slowly been trying to do the same thing, except my directory collection seems to have far more holes than yours. If you run across any duplicates, I'd be more than happy to take them off your (or someone else's) hands for a nominal fee plus shipping. In fact, I will go so far as to say that I am interested in any old Airstream or WBCCI documentation": books, pamphlets, video's, etc.

Thanks Joe,I'll let you know.If I get any duplicates,I'll send them to you.It's been a little slow getting any responses.I know they are out there.Unfortunately,some people (none who have posted on this thread)seem to see this as a money making issue and not as a history preservation venture.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 10-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #12
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrom
We have four directories. Two are for Pennsylvania only I believe 1973 and 1978. We also have a larger 1972 and 1978. Do you have these?
Tbrom
Hi Tbrom,I don't have those years and I'm definately interested in them.I sent you a private message.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 10-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #13

Currently Looking...
keene , New Hampshire
WBCCI Number search

I am a new member to this forum and I am looking for an older Airstream to renovate for our travels. I drive by a seemingly abandonded house and 60's vintage trailer on a daily basis and I would like to track down the owner to discuss purchasing it from them. I thought maybe I could locate someone by the "Big Red Numbers" on the Trailer, #23829. Is it possible to have someone look that up for me? Should I try to search by Serial # instead?

Thanks for any information. We live in NH and would love any other suggestions on where to locate a 60-70's, 26-28 foot Airstream.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #14
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah
I am a new member to this forum and I am looking for an older Airstream to renovate for our travels. I drive by a seemingly abandonded house and 60's vintage trailer on a daily basis and I would like to track down the owner to discuss purchasing it from them. I thought maybe I could locate someone by the "Big Red Numbers" on the Trailer, #23829. Is it possible to have someone look that up for me? Should I try to search by Serial # instead?

Thanks for any information. We live in NH and would love any other suggestions on where to locate a 60-70's, 26-28 foot Airstream.

Hi elijah.I'll help you with the "Big Red Numbers" part of your question.The most recent directory listing I can find for #23829 is from 1990.Don't know if this will help you or not but I will pm you the details.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083