Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yes it has a very happy home sitting between two recliners in a drawer where it stays nice and cool and dark - every once in a while I open the draw to give it some light and if its a really special day I may even take it out and look through its pages...

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #62
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Yes it has a very happy home sitting between two recliners in a drawer where it stays nice and cool and dark - every once in a while I open the draw to give it some light and if its a really special day I may even take it out and look through its pages...

Ken J.
Glad to hear that Ken.So many old directories seem to just end up getting discarded when they could be put to good use.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I know - this was a great E-bay find of mine.....
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Williamsburg , Virginia
I am interested in any info on the 1980 3 Continent Tour. The vehicle is a white-with-blue stripes 1980 VW Vanagon Westfalia (tow/support??) The owner may have been a Mr. White of State College, PA. Thanks!!
ollie
ommuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:55 AM   #65
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommuel
I am interested in any info on the 1980 3 Continent Tour. The vehicle is a white-with-blue stripes 1980 VW Vanagon Westfalia (tow/support??) The owner may have been a Mr. White of State College, PA. Thanks!!
ollie
Without a WBCCI number it is difficult for me to track any history on the info you have presented.I can only guess the caravan you have listed in 1980 would be the 1980 WBCCI O-13 Caravan which visited Europe Asia and Africa.
I could not find any info in any directory I have on a Mr White from State College PA.

Good luck in your search.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-23-2007, 05:16 AM   #66
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Williamsburg , Virginia
Sorry I don't have the number- all I have is the sticker (which does say 0-13, now that you said it), and a service stamp from Greece. The van may have joined the tour late (April 24) and may only made it as far as Greece for all I know. But it did rack up 13k miles in its first few months. Thanks for checking!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I checked too. MY 1981 Membership directory lists two "Mr. Whites" living in Pennsylvania, but neither was near near State College (one near Philidelphia and one near Pittsburg). Neither Mr. White was recorded as participating on the O13 caravan. In fact, no "Mr. White from any state was listed as participating on O13.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #68
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Battle Mountain , Nevada
Send a message via Yahoo to mikeandbecky
Hello Mike.
How about WBCCI # 12273? I believe I'm the 3 RD owner. I believe the first owner may have been a Thomas Graham Sr. of Citrus Heights, CA. My 31' Excella 500 is a 1979 model. Thanks!
mikeandbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #69
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandbecky
Hello Mike.
How about WBCCI # 12273? I believe I'm the 3 RD owner. I believe the first owner may have been a Thomas Graham Sr. of Citrus Heights, CA. My 31' Excella 500 is a 1979 model. Thanks!
I'll pm you some details shortly.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #70
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Williamsburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I checked too. MY 1981 Membership directory lists two "Mr. Whites" living in Pennsylvania, but neither was near near State College (one near Philidelphia and one near Pittsburg). Neither Mr. White was recorded as participating on the O13 caravan. In fact, no "Mr. White from any state was listed as participating on O13.
Thanks! So was there an "O-13" each year? The Mr. White reference was from a 1983 battery warranty card, so it may have changed hands before then. Just out of curiousity, what were the first names of those two Mr. Whites? Thanks again!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
No, there was only one O13 caravan. It happened in 1980, so a 1980 membership directory would not show who participated, because it was published early in the year before the caravan happened. The 1981 (and any thereafter) directory should show who participated (except for any members that did not renew with the club). A current directory may still show a few O13 participcants if they are still in the club, but it is possible that no participants are still in the club. Looking at the 1981 Directory is thus the best way to determine who participated. Unfortunately, that is a time consuming task to read each member entry and check for caravan #'s. Checking just the "White's" was "doable" for me. It just happened that I have a 1981 directory. I only have a few. My next one is 1988.

One other means to determine if a Mr. White participated would be to contact WBCCI directly (contact Cindy Reed via the WBCCI.org web site). They may have records of who participated on each of the National and Overseas caravans (but probably not the smaller one's). Good luck!
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Williamsburg , Virginia
Thanks for going to the trouble- and thanks for the info! I contacted the WBCCI a couple days ago and got an acknowledgement of the email- waiting for an answer now. Sorry to be troubling with a non-AS vehicle- but it will haul the Eriba, if not a Bambi yet. Thanks again!
ollie
btw- I saw the Touareg brochure with th AS-pulling art inside. I also heard that VW was getting in trouble because the Toureg couldn't actually pull a full-sized 'stream.... (thinking at this point that I met the guy who did the bicycle-pull stunt- sorry forgot his name ) I'm sure Touaregs must be more than capable. At any rate, I am a grad student and there is no way I'm going to afford a Touareg. Besides which, I prefer to be able to repair my own cars when possible- and I'm not that much of a comfort hound lol. The Vanagon is an aircooled, 1600cc automatic right now. At some point we may either look into buying another (Synchro Westy?) or converting it to a turbodiesel (around 190 or 200hp and plenty of torque). We have a house now, but depending on what career I end up with, I would like to full-time/live like Chris Stevens on Northern Exposure
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #73
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
I was recently contacted by a Forum member by private email that he had just picked up some old WBCCI directories and wanted to know if I was interested in them.I responded back by email and then by private message that I was.Even though this member is online daily I did not receive a response.He must have had a change of heart.

But this got me to thinking that it would be a good idea to expand on my existing archive of directories.I have most of the directories from 1984-2006.I use these directories to help Forum members who have a question on a little history of 'the big red numbers' on their coaches.Many Forum members can attest to this and I really enjoy helping out whenever I can.I also would like to compile another complete or near complete set of directories so the WBCCI history is not lost.

So...If there are any Forum members who have or know of someone who has any old WBCCI directories,I am interested.

I would certainly cover any shipping costs incurred by the member and the directories would be going to 'a good home'.I would continue to use these directories to answer any Forum member requests and at the same time help preserve a little piece of WBCCI history.
Mike,

Here is one of the best covers, the 1976 WBCCI Directory.

Dale "Pee Wee" Schwamborn
Attached Images

PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:53 AM   #74
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
Mike,

Here is one of the best covers, the 1976 WBCCI Directory.

Dale "Pee Wee" Schwamborn
Pee Wee,

I have seen that directory several times and would have to say it is the best cover.As you know,1976 was the bi-centennial year and the WBCCI was at or close to it's highest membership totals.
The International was held in Louisville KY and the rally attendance was 4493 trailers.The largest ever.
Thanks for posting the cover on this thread.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #75
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Hoschton , Georgia
Streamer, you are probably the source for the info I am looking for. I am restoring a 67 Overlander that I purchased near my home in Georgia. The couple that owned the unit passed away in the past couple of years and their son sold the trailer to me. While working on it at night under the worklights, I noticed the faded remnants of an old WBCCI number. The number is 27049! I hope you can look this number up and give me some sort of history on this trailer. I am fairly certain that I am the third owner. The folks that had it before me had a last name of Davis and lived in Lawrenceville, GA. They bought the camper sometime around 1984 (approx). I wonder if I could aquire this number through my application if it is not taken. Thanks for your help!
Sean
mccaa891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #76
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaa891
Streamer, you are probably the source for the info I am looking for. I am restoring a 67 Overlander that I purchased near my home in Georgia. The couple that owned the unit passed away in the past couple of years and their son sold the trailer to me. While working on it at night under the worklights, I noticed the faded remnants of an old WBCCI number. The number is 27049! I hope you can look this number up and give me some sort of history on this trailer. I am fairly certain that I am the third owner. The folks that had it before me had a last name of Davis and lived in Lawrenceville, GA. They bought the camper sometime around 1984 (approx). I wonder if I could aquire this number through my application if it is not taken. Thanks for your help!
Sean
Sean,

Of the 40-50 requests I've had to provide some WBCCI number history,this is the first number that I do not have a listing for in any of my directories .An alternate source I have lists that number from the state of South Carolina but that is all the info I have.
The number should be available upon request(small surcharge required I believe) from Home Office.I would suggest contacting Jodi Morris at (937)596-5211 or by email to JMorris@wbcci.org
Some other forum member may have a WBCCI directory in the mid-seventies which should have 27049 listed.
Sorry I could not be of any help.I'm still looking for directories in the seventies myself for requests just like yours.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #77
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Directory Consolidation - Is it needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
Sean,

Of the 40-50 requests I've had to provide some WBCCI number history,this is the first number that I do not have a listing for in any of my directories .An alternate source I have lists that number from the state of South Carolina but that is all the info I have.
The number should be available upon request(small surcharge required I believe) from Home Office.I would suggest contacting Jodi Morris at (937)596-5211 or by email to JMorris@wbcci.org
Some other forum member may have a WBCCI directory in the mid-seventies which should have 27049 listed.
Sorry I could not be of any help.I'm still looking for directories in the seventies myself for requests just like yours.

Mike,

Good morning, or in your case good afternoon.

The Club Headquarters needs to computerize all directories. There are many ways to do this. Hire temps, get volunteers from the Club to visit JC and spend a few days inputing, or use any spare time of staff or even Airstream employees on a rotating basis. THe selection of personnel, of course, are several ways to accomplish the goal, but no way a final solution.

Starting with the first directory. You might format it this way.

Year
Trailer Number
Club Member's Name
Address
State, Provience
Country of Residence

There will be repetition. If you were a member for 30 years your will have 30 enteries. But the history of the trailer will be entact for 30 years.

Sooner or later the Club and Membership will need to address this. It is too valuable not to have, and so necessary for the Club's membership.

Again just rambling and talking...

Pee Wee
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #78
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
The Club Headquarters needs to computerize all directories. There are many ways to do this. Hire temps, get volunteers from the Club to visit JC and spend a few days inputing, or use any spare time of staff or even Airstream employees on a rotating basis. THe selection of personnel, of course, are several ways to accomplish the goal, but no way a final solution.

Starting with the first directory. You might format it this way.

Year
Trailer Number
Club Member's Name
Address
State, Provience
Country of Residence

There will be repetition. If you were a member for 30 years your will have 30 enteries. But the history of the trailer will be entact for 30 years.

Sooner or later the Club and Membership will need to address this. It is too valuable not to have, and so necessary for the Club's membership.
All they need to do is create a database with a one to many relationship (i.e., one name/address/etc. to many -- for each year of membership). Then the database can be used to print labels, directories, historical reports, special offers based on yr/model, etc.

I'm available at $60/hr to build this for them.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
with all the volunteers and the expertise in here as well as the available information in the form of past directories why do we have to look to Jackson center? It seems like something perfectly doable with the hands already on board.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #80
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
1957, 1958, 1959 WBCCI Directories

A few directory covers from the past.
Attached Images