Old 10-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Howard is right that we in the 4CU respond to and immediately follow up with requests for membership information and membership applications that get sent from HQ ... or anywhere else it comes from. We are very proactive in our membership growth, and we welcome any new interest in WBCCI and our Unit. I personally follow up on each and every membership inquiry and membership application that comes in to make sure that folks know they are welcome in the 4CU and that we hope to see them around a 4CUnit campfire soon.

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Dallas , Tech-Sus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
...we just want to meet folks who love the roaming lifestyle and appreciate the equipment. Not for the cost or the display, but the recognition of, with the proper care and feeding, our AS'es will be the last RV we need...the heritage...the nostalgia.

Are there groups like that?
For the AS fellowship, you have this forum and the fellowship from groups formed from it. For the roaming lifestyle, there is always Escapees.

Just a thought.

Airstream FM

Easy Listening For the Internet Generation
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Sure. WBCCI is perfect for what you list. Join and just quit reading this section of the forums. None of this stuff is discussed or a big deal at the rallies and caravans and luncheons.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Since starting this thread or at least contributing to this mess,I did receive several(more than one) replies in private. One even mentioned that he would be with the NATIONAL PRES that weekend and would bring this kind of ignoring of quarries for info and attempts to communicate with local units BEING IGNORED will not be tolorated ,he said. I know there a great people in that club but the voice of the common man goes unheard because those at the top will not listen,they want to do it thier way. Thier on the gravey train and dont want anyone to rock the boat.
I still will not send my hard earned money to pay for some 33rd VICE PRESIDENTS trip to who knows where.
I kept it civil and respectfully decline thier invitation to join.
I guess I'm old and cranky and set in my ways. I hope to keep the friends we have made no matter what thier affilation might be.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #47
Aluminum Falcon Mechanic

1972 31' Sovereign
Wesley chapel , Florida
We should start the ICCBW I'm thinking black berets with skull and crossbones..
Darkspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
[. . . on 9-14-2011 . . .] I would like to see this thread die now. As I have nothing more to say on the subject. THANKS Friends, ROGER
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
What's you point fred. This is still a free country and i can chose to speak when i want too. Got it???????
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
What's you point fred. This is still a free country and i can chose to speak when i want too. Got it???????
Fred used the Huh! icon and to me that would denote that Fred did not understand your post.

Airforums takes it's "Be nice" policy very seriously.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
salida , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspeed View Post
We should start the ICCBW I'm thinking black berets with skull and crossbones..
i'm in! as long as i can trade the beret for a bowler
Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
My wife and I don't have our AS yet, we do own it and have for a while but needed two days off to pick it up, which we do next week.

Couple of unsolicited comments:
A couple of weeks ago we read on the local chapter site that they were holding a rally nearby and I sent an email asking if we could simply stop by to see what the club etc was all about. The folks we met could not have been nicer nor more accomdating. Answering all our quesitons, providing us with information we had not considered and so on. Neither of us are real joiners but will probably give the section a try, although our participation will be very limited due to our work and my work travel.

Second point is about this forum. I am a member of 12 various forums, a couple for some cars, kayaking, and motorcycles. This is far and away one of the best and most helpful forums. Some of the responses are a little caustic or sarcastic at times, but I expect that from the "older" members and actually enjoy the banter.

My opinion, you only get out of something by how much you put into it.

Stay Safe
Old 11-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #53
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
paiceman,

Glad to have you with us....

“What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.”

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
My wife and I don't have our AS yet, we do own it and have for a while but needed two days off to pick it up, which we do next week.

Couple of unsolicited comments:
A couple of weeks ago we read on the local chapter site that they were holding a rally nearby and I sent an email asking if we could simply stop by to see what the club etc was all about. The folks we met could not have been nicer nor more accommodating. Answering all our questions, providing us with information we had not considered and so on. Neither of us are real joiners but will probably give the section a try, although our participation will be very limited due to our work and my work travel.

Second point is about this forum. I am a member of 12 various forums, a couple for some cars, kayaking, and motorcycles. This is far and away one of the best and most helpful forums. Some of the responses are a little caustic or sarcastic at times, but I expect that from the "older" members and actually enjoy the banter.

My opinion, you only get out of something by how much you put into it.

Stay Safe
Thanks for your post. You are approaching things sensibly and we are happy you visited a WBCCI unit that is welcoming and helpful. They are many out there. You just have to look for them....and visit before you join. That's how we ended up joining our unit and its been one of the most rewarding decisions we've made and added a depth to our Airstreaming experience that we would otherwise have missed out on. May you have many wonderful times with your new Airstream friends.

Your comments about the Forums are right on, too. It's for the most part a great group of folks who really DO have a depth of knowledge and a willingness to share information. We have learned much from members here.

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote