Old 07-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE
Yukionna

Did you get any of their itinerary? I am leaving Saturday for Newfoundland and may pass them on my way. Like to be on the look out.
I don't have the dates for their itinerary but here are their stops.

Map / Stops
Click here to view large map Rendezvous:Carolina, RIStop 1:Peters Pond, MAStop 2:Topsfield, MAStop 3:Boothbay, MEStop 4:Ellsworth, MEStop 5:Campobello IslandStop 6:St. John, NBStop 7:Moncton, NBStop 8:Five Islands, NBStop 9:Windsor, NSStop 10:Digby, NSStop 11:Lunenberg, NSStop 12:Halifax, NSStop 13:Antigonish, NSStop 14:Louisbourg, NSStop 15:Baddeck, NSStop 16:New Glasgow, NSStop 17:Cornwall, PEI

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE
Yukionna

Did you get any of their itinerary? I am leaving Saturday for Newfoundland and may pass them on my way. Like to be on the look out.
No, I didn't get any of those types of details. You can check out streamers post above for the caravan's stops along with the map. I hope that helps!

When the caravan is on the move, I bet it is a sight to see -- 34 Airstreams stretched out over the miles. I know that the rigs don't stay too close together for safety reasons so a caravan of 34 rigs would stretch for miles!

Your question makes me think of the book "Where's Waldo?" except this is where is the Nor' by Nor' east caravan!

It can't be that hard to find 34 Airstreams!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #17
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
I wish we knew when they would be coming into ME. We would definitely take a trip over to visit.
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
I wish we knew when they would be coming into ME. We would definitely take a trip over to visit.
They are probably on their way into Canada by now. They were headed for Boothbay, ME last Friday and then they were off to Ellsworth, ME before heading out to Canada.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #19
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
They are probably on their way into Canada by now. They were headed for Boothbay, ME last Friday and then they were off to Ellsworth, ME before heading out to Canada.
I guess we will need to pay more attention to the areas the caravans might be coming through. I would have loved to have seen them on the road or visited with them while in ME.
WBCCI # 5971
Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
...I would have loved to have seen them on the road or visited with them while in ME.
Yes, I will say it was great fun visiting with them. They all had a smile on their face, a sparkle in their eye, and lots of stories to share.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #21
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Just returned from Lunenburg where this caravan is now parked for the next three days.The group is comprised of 34 units.10 of the units are from Florida.There are also 8 motorhomes in the group.I plan on spending some time there tomorrow to visit and snap a few pics which I will post on this thread later this week.I met some interesting folks already and look forward to meeting some more.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
Just returned from Lunenburg where this caravan is now parked for the next three days.The group is comprised of 34 units.10 of the units are from Florida.There are also 8 motorhomes in the group.I plan on spending some time there tomorrow to visit and snap a few pics which I will post on this thread later this week.I met some interesting folks already and look forward to meeting some more.
It is an interesting group. Many of the folks have done trailer restorations over the years too. I think I saw a vintage '60's era Caravel or Globetrotter in the caravan too.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
It is an interesting group. Many of the folks have done trailer restorations over the years too. I think I saw a vintage '60's era Caravel or Globetrotter in the caravan too.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!
There was 1 vintage in the group as noted and also a Squarestream. I'll get pics of both.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #24
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
There was 1 vintage in the group as noted and also a Squarestream. I'll get pics of both.
Oooooooh! I can't wait to see those pictures! I love the 60's Caravel and I want to see the inside of a squarestream, too! Do you know yet if any of the motorhomes were Classics?
WBCCI # 5971
Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #25
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Oooooooh! I can't wait to see those pictures! I love the 60's Caravel and I want to see the inside of a squarestream, too! Do you know yet if any of the motorhomes were Classics?
I'll see if I can get some interior shots of the Squarestream.No Classics

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #26
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
I'll see if I can get some interior shots of the Squarestream.No Classics
Thank you! Too bad about the classic motorhomes not being some of the 8. However, I am impressed with a 34 unit caravan. That is neat! Glad you are going to get to spend some time with them.

Enjoy!
WBCCI # 5971
Old 08-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Update

Quote:
Thank you! Too bad about the classic motorhomes not being some of the 8. However, I am impressed with a 34 unit caravan. That is neat! Glad you are going to get to spend some time with them.

Enjoy!

What a fun day.Just returned from the rally in Lunenburg and as always,had a great time meeting other WBCCI members.Eddy,the Caravel is a 1965 17ft model.Got an exterior shot.It is parked in a shaded area and I don't have a digital camera so I hope it turns out when I finish shooting the roll and get them developed.
The owners of the Squarestream Tom and Luanne Jones could not have been any nicer or more accommodating.I snapped some pics of both the interior and exterior and the owner is going to send me some digitals under better lighting in a week or so.It's a 1989 model and he is very proud of it.It's in great shape.
There is also a member from England on this caravan.I will try to spend some more time there tomorrow which is the last day of their stay there.
I also had an enjoyable conversation with Past Region 4 President Richard Osborne and his wife Bonnie.Great folks one and all.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #28
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
What a fun day.Just returned from the rally in Lunenburg and as always,had a great time meeting other WBCCI members.Eddy,the Caravel is a 1965 17ft model.Got an exterior shot.It is parked in a shaded area and I don't have a digital camera so I hope it turns out when I finish shooting the roll and get them developed.
The owners of the Squarestream Tom and Luanne Jones could not have been any nicer or more accommodating.I snapped some pics of both the interior and exterior and the owner is going to send me some digitals under better lighting in a week or so.It's a 1989 model and he is very proud of it.It's in great shape.
There is also a member from England on this caravan.I will try to spend some more time there tomorrow which is the last day of their stay there.
I also had an enjoyable conversation with Past Region 4 President Richard Osborne and his wife Bonnie.Great folks one and all.
This sounds like such a wonderful way to spend your day! Thank you so much for the updates and we can't wait to see the pictures. It is stories like this that make me look forward to the day we can caravan on an extended trip and meet the local people!

WBCCI # 5971