Old 06-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Nominees for 3rd VP

I understand there will be 1 or more nominations from the floor for International 3rd VP. Anyone heard names? Anyone have positives to share about the candidates?

Please post no negatives. This is not a request for why NOT to vote information.

Thanks in advance!

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
From the floor 3rd vp candidates

Your unit president received 2 resumes a couple months ago. Ours sent them to us via email.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Northern Illinois posts 3rd VP resumes

If you want to see Richard and Jim's resumes, go to NIU website and use the links in the May rally write up. Link to NIU Northern Illinois
Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Will do. Thank you.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I read both the resumes. If you didn't happen to know one or both candidates it seems it would be impossible to make a determination of one's candidate of choice between the two for the position. I like the idea of a running platform and an article in the Blue Beret for introductions. Popularity and associations will have to determine the leader as before, if none. I'd certainly be interested in knowing the positives about the candidates and what they would like to do for the club.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I think both these candidates have email addresses and you could ask them some questions which could help you decide. Richard is a frequent poster to these forums (AZflycaster). You can look his postings up via the profile function and determine his positions on various issues.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
In what I deem is the spirit of the OP's intention is to post here rather than conduct individual private interviews. I hope he meets with success. Discussion in WBCCI seems to be locked down tight.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Blue Beret posting of Resumes for 3rd VP

The unfortunate occurrence of cancer for Don Clark, diagnosed in April, made it impossible to get the resumes into the Blue Beret, due to its 2 month production cycle. I published what was available in May and the WBCCI HQ sent out the two resumes via email to all the unit presidents as soon as they received them. The club reacted as well as it could to the changing conditions. We will have to see if anyone else comes forward before the delegates have to vote at the June meeting.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Perhaps this is an instance when the club could/should have also distributed these resumes via constant contact.
The system of sending to the unit presidents and then counting on them to distribute further involves way to many people and only works haphazardly.( my personal experience is not at all)
Were it not for this forum I would not know about it. and I am sure that is true of many other members also
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Carol, I'm confused by your statement that discussion is locked down. Do you mean here on Airforums, the WBCCI forum (where this very thread is located)? There is no lock-down here that I'm aware of, as long as the CRs are respected!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
In what I deem is the spirit of the OP's intention is to post here rather than conduct individual private interviews. I hope he meets with success. Discussion in WBCCI seems to be locked down tight.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What I meant by saying that WBCCI discussion seems locked down is that it appears that the leadership of the club has made an effort and has been successful at controlling the content and tone (positive only) of all things WBCCI. Controversy, criticism, contradictions, challenges, lobbying, and support for certain changes are frowned upon and not fostered through discussion but passed over and a new speak is being disseminated from the top. Information sounds contrived and limited and prudently managed. There is a zero tolerance for dissention as clearly demonstrated by the demise and handling of the former member forums and the flury of expulsions and grievances. Officially you will only hear what has been crafted to reflect favorably upon the choices and preferences of the controlling leadership. It's flat and one sided and to me, disingenuous and scornful.

I think another issue is whether a resume or a platform statement is distributed. I believe the request for publication of platform statements was shot down. Reading the list of attributes on those resumes is like reading an eulogy or mini biography. It has little to do with an informed choice as to what a particular candidate is willing or wanting to do in the club. But as we have become familiar with, we know that is not the avenue our leaders are chosen from. They are solicited, courted, groomed and accepted by the current and past leadership of the International club.

Well, let me take a stab at this then. Richard is for maintaining an Airstream only club and Jim is in favor of accepting Thor motorhomes. Is that accurate?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Carol,

Richard is one of the founding members of the reform-minded and very informal Four Corner Unit. I have met him and Jan, they are good people, want reform, and are dedicated.

Gene
Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
International 3rd VP

Full disclosure: I'm no longer a member of the WBCCI. However, my wife and I have known Richard and Jan for about four years. You could not go wrong by having Richard as an International 3 VP. He (they) are great people and he takes his duties at WBCCI very seriously.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
In general I think it would be much of more value to have the candidate tell us where he would like to take the club instead of where he went to grade school.

That being said it was interesting when John Stumpf's resume was published to find out Carol had attended the same school and actually had a high school picture of him in her old stuff. Neither remembers the other though.

I would support Richard based on his activity here and his involvement with what appears to be one the more progressive units.
I see his only being in the WBCCI 7 years as a plus as there is less chance of developing the official wbcci mindset

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote