Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
It is my understanding that the nominating committee starts looking for new officers as soon as the past international is over. I remember hearing John B. talking at the Region 12 rally in 2009 that he was being considered for 3IVP and was not sure that he wanted to put his name in. The Region 12 rally is held in October.

The nominating committee has to have the slate ready by the mid winter meeting.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
It will be very interesting if an individual were to state early in the selection process that he or she intends to run for office as to how the Nominating Committee will look upon that individual. Will they accept that level of volunteering or will they present another insider and openly work against that individual.

All I can suggest is if someone does intend to run that they start their campaign early enough to overcome the censorship historical presented by the BB to past individuals.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I understand they are obligated to bring forward ALL qualified candidates, not just a recommendation.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
My understanding is that Richard has already filed the necessary paper work at Jackson Center for 2013.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
I understand they are obligated to bring forward ALL qualified candidates, not just a recommendation.
IIRC they have only found one qualified candidate each year.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
After Don Clark resigned and Barry H asked for volunteers for the now vacant 3IVP, I asked Barry if there were any other members who were considered for 3IVP and he told me that they had only one member willing to serve and to be on the ballot last year. As a result, he had to place the call from members to run from the floor, and there were two. Perhaps it is difficult to obtain members willing to serve the four year commitment.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
IIRC they have only found one qualified candidate each year.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
OBLIGATED. A word we often associate with all our Leaders at all levels of governance but something that is often overlooked with little consequence to those that do overlook it.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
I wonder what constitutes a "qualified" candidate.?

In my mind that would basically be some one with an Airstream and a paid dues receipt. After that it is the candidates job to convince the members he is can do the job, not some committee.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
In my 18 years of membership in the club, open elections, with more than one candidate per office on the International ballot, are the exception, rather than the rule. On the average, the Nominating Committee of three people have picked who will rule the club.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
In my 18 years of membership in the club, open elections, with more than one candidate per office on the International ballot, are the exception, rather than the rule.
Recall, however, that last year the WBCCI constitution was amended (by an overwhelming majority) to require the nominating committee to report out all qualified candidates. This is a new thing.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I believe Nuvite is referring to the nominating committee section in the New Revised Constitution that did not get passed.

Here is what is in the current constitution.

"Sec. 1 The Nominating Committee shall consist of three (3) members, the Chairman of which shall be elected by the Board of Trustees at their first meeting. The other two members shall be elected by the Delegates at the annual Delegate's meeting.

Sec. 2 The Nominating Committee shall consider the qualifications of all candidates whose names are proposed by the Club Membership, by the International Board of Trustees and by any member of the Nominating Committee. The names of candidates submitted for consideration shall be accompanied by a statement of such candidate qualifications and of their willingness to serve in the office and such statement shall be received by the Nominating Committee by November 15 in the year preceding the
election year. The Nominating Committee shall meet at least once thereafter. (7/1/86)

Sec. 3 The Nominating Committee shall prepare a slate of officers which shall be presented to the delegates at their annual meeting.

Sec. 4 The names, along with the qualifications, of the nominees shall be submitted to Headquarters not later than March 1 of each year for publication in the April issue of the Blue Beret.

Sec. 5 Additional candidates may be nominated from the floor provided written consent to serve has been given."

The Current Constitution calls for the Nominating committee to prepare as slate of officers. It does not specifically say that all "qualified" volunteers shall be allowed a place on the ballot. It does specify all "nominees", shall have their information published in the Blue Beret. Leo Garvey was not allowed to publish his resume in the Blue Beret, even after he agreed to pay them $400 to include it.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
I believe Nuvite is referring to the nominating committee section in the New Revised Constitution that did not get passed.

Here is what is in the current constitution.
No, I am referring to the constitutional amendment that was proposed by the IBT and passed at the 2011 Delegates Meeting.

The "current constitution" that you cited in the above post is not the current constitution.

If you will go to the constitution published on the WBCCI web site

http://www.wbcci.org/general-informa.../finish/40/174

you will see that sections 3 and 4 were amended as follows:

Sec. 3

The Nominating Committee shall prepare a list of all qualified candidates, which shall be presented to the delegates at their annual meeting. (6/30/11)

Sec. 4

The names, along with the qualifications, of all candidates deemed qualified by the nominating committee shall be submitted to Headquarters not later than March 1 of each year for publication of the candidates’ resumes in the April Blue Beret and qualifications/resumes/vision statement posted on the WBCCI.org web site. (6/30/11)
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I looked at the three column Constitution that was on the .org website that was the basis for the Revised Constitution. The revision committee evidently did not use the latest version for their base to work from. Sorry that there was conflicting information on the .org website. Maybe we should remove the infro. about the revision from the website, since it has been defeated at the 2012 Delegates meeting. Your link does not work but it is easy to come in through the front door.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
No, I am referring to the constitutional amendment that was proposed by the IBT and passed at the 2011 Delegates Meeting.

The "current constitution" that you cited in the above post is not the current constitution.

If you will go to the constitution published on the WBCCI web site

http://www.wbcci.org/general-informa.../finish/40/174

you will see that sections 3 and 4 were amended as follows:

Sec. 3

The Nominating Committee shall prepare a list of all qualified candidates, which shall be presented to the delegates at their annual meeting. (6/30/11)

Sec. 4

The names, along with the qualifications, of all candidates deemed qualified by the nominating committee shall be submitted to Headquarters not later than March 1 of each year for publication of the candidates’ resumes in the April Blue Beret and qualifications/resumes/vision statement posted on the WBCCI.org web site. (6/30/11)
We will have this posted on the WBCCI.org site when the appropriate time comes. That is what the site is for.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote