Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Grants Pass , Oregon
Newbie - interested in wbcci

Wonder if somebody in S.Oregon could drop me a line and tell me a little something about the WBCCI. Bennies of membership and such. So far the only trip we have made in our new (74) A/S is bringing her home from Bend to Grants Pass. She does have the red numbers on her bow. I am puttingh my ham radio station in her but she will double as an RV and hopefully be on the road this spring/summer.

thanks
Lee
pixiehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Lee,
Weclome aboard. You can read all about the club and the benfits on the WBCCI web site at www.wbcci.org . If you want to keep the numbers that are already existing on the bow of the trailer you will have to contact WBCCI membership to see if the numbers are still available. if they are not, you will be assigned different numbers.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Bend! I spent a couple nights there in my '75 Sovereign in December at minus 5 degrees. Brrrrr.

You'll find a ton of pros and cons discussions about the WBCCI here on the forums. I joined for awhile, but found out that it was too much like an octagenarian Boy Scouts, with even more rules (apologies to JIM&SUSAN for using the Boy Scout example, again ). Very nice, but just not my cup of tea. The biggest reason to join up is the rallies--due to insurance, etc., you need to be a member to attend most of them.

Congrats on the "new" Overlander. Ham radio? I started off as WN5HFF back in 1966--ran a MARS station that was a teletype network hub.

Zep
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiehat View Post
Wonder if somebody in S.Oregon could drop me a line and tell me a little something about the WBCCI. Bennies of membership and such. So far the only trip we have made in our new (74) A/S is bringing her home from Bend to Grants Pass. She does have the red numbers on her bow. I am puttingh my ham radio station in her but she will double as an RV and hopefully be on the road this spring/summer.

thanks
Lee
Lee,

One of the great things in the WBCCI is the Vintage Airstream Club (VAC). The Region 12 (CA and NV) representative, David Kirstien, has scheduled VAC rally from June 4 to June 7 at Friday's RV Retreat in McCloud, CA. PM me your email address and I will send you more information.

The VAC is open to all Airstream owners with an Airstream 25 years or older, all members are welcome at VAC events.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote