Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Airdale
I just had a minute to set and read what you wrote. I respect your position and I will discuss this with you in person next week. I don't have a local unit.I cannot in good conscience support a unit half way across the country. So I will remain doing what we are doing.CAMPING, with no dues or fees to worry about.
See ya the 31st.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhthuntr View Post
As Airedale states, I can not complain about much as I'm not trying to fix a problem but this forum has helped pull me closer to becoming a member of our local chapter. If AIR did not exist, I don't believe I would even know there was a local chapter. Be that as it may, I would like to say that if everyone helps anther by 10% this world would be a better place. I feel that htis forum does that...Thank-you AIR
Good Luck
Grtwht,

Glad that you are finding the forums helpful. I wonder if you saw this thread a little ways down the page http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...t-53777-2.html

Sounds like the Kentucky Unit is quite active--their current Unit president just joined AirForums to help out someone with questions about the unit.

They also have a very active web site at Kentucky

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 07-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #43
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Airdale
I just had a minute to set and read what you wrote. I respect your position and I will discuss this with you in person next week. I don't have a local unit.I cannot in good conscience support a unit half way across the country. So I will remain doing what we are doing.CAMPING, with no dues or fees to worry about.
See ya the 31st.
Roger

Sounds good to me!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
<Moderator Hat ON>

Although the First Amendment really only applies to public political speech critical of government,

Roger

Oh ?
Where did you learn that?
IMHO that is wrong and misinformative. I do not have the constitution at hand in this location but years of precedent have made the above statement false even if the actual amendment was so limited.
I am always ready to learn though so please explain.

I do certainly agree that there are no 1st amendment rights to allow or protect speech on a private stage such as this forum.

on EDIT:
OK I found it in my desk drawer after all
1st Amendment to US Constitution
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
I go by a saying that has truly changed the way I view life. If Iam not trying to change the problem, then I have no right to complain about it. That has changed my position in the WBCCI and that is why I have become the 2nd Vice President of my local unit.
Laura - While I like your saying, another, similar saying from the 1960's says "If your not part of the solution, you are a part of the problem" .

I like both, and thanks for your approach to effecting change within the Club .
Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #46
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well considering that I wasnt born until the 80's I havent heard of that saying much, but thats ok!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Well considering that I wasnt born until the 80's I havent heard of that saying much, but thats ok!
So Ralph had his children very late in life is what you are saying?????

Good for you Laura for stepping up and doing what you can to help move the club through some difficult times. With enough people willing to get involved and nudge and cajole the club onto a new path there's a good chance it will come out of this current situation stronger and more attuned to what todays Airstreamers want in a club.

Take care,
Barry
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #48
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Well Berry, Iam the youngest after all! But thank you for the nice comments, I just want to see this club full of so much history work through its issues! Support the club and the people who want to make it better!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Thank You!

Quote:
Well Berry, Iam the youngest after all! But thank you for the nice comments, I just want to see this club full of so much history work through its issues! Support the club and the people who want to make it better!
Laura,

This is the only thread I have read in this grouping. After meeting you at Madison, and enjoying a few rounds of "Pee Wee Killers", I'm glad to see someone that is just starting out in the WBCCI and the Airstream World that has the wisdom that you have.

Keep on Airstreaming, keep on believing.

Best,

Pee Wee
Old 07-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #50
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Thank You Dale! It was great to meet you and have the chance to listen to your stories of your many trips. It means so much to me that everyone....well almost everyone supports me and my feelings on the club. Your mom did an outstanding job developing this club! I hope we can keep her hardwork and vision alive!

Leo, how did you miss it? Tim was the one making them, they did a toll on all of us one night!

Old 07-25-2009, 04:23 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
It wasn't a Pee Wee Killer, it was a Purple Assassin and I am happy to report that I did not Kill Pee Wee (but I was worried I may have come close with the first one). The joke started that I killed Pee Wee by alcohol poisoning! Good thing he built up his tolerance levels enough to come back the next night for another sample.

Pee Wee - I'll shake one up for you any time! You know how to find me. Cheers...
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 08-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I don't know if the WBCCI forum site is having a hiccup or if I have been hit! If I am not a registered member and have never made a post how and why is my IP address banned? Or am I just getting schizo???

photography
Old 08-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I don't know if the WBCCI forum site is having a hiccup or if I have been hit! If I am not a registered member and have never made a post how and why is my IP address banned? Or am I just getting schizo???
Carol,

Maybe your reputation precedes you

Hard to make sense of a lot of things over there.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
OH NO! Puleeze, don't tell my mother I have become a woman with a reputation!!!

photography
Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Hard to make sense of a lot of things over there.
You can say that again!

What I wonder is, was Charlie a willing accomplice in Greg's takeover of the site, or was he simply taken in?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
You can say that again!

What I wonder is, was Charlie a willing accomplice in Greg's takeover of the site, or was he simply taken in?
Good question! Charlie seems to be a willing participant.

I've asked to be removed from the forum... I got sick of Greg (Cortez - Super administrator) using his moderation powers to manipulate the forum content to conceal that he has a commercial interest in links concealed as forum feature buttons all over the site.

That forum is in no way an official forum operated for the benefit of the club members. It's just a dictator with an agenda... given total control so that the WBCCI could save a few bucks.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Oh the agony of it all...................

Me too. I have been blocked from the site....presumably because I commented on my low regard for the administration.....and his commercial affiliation being used on the site. BoooooHoooo.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #58
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You just joined the banned? I wonder how many WBCCI banned members there are now? That certainly appears counterproductive to member retention or recruitment.

photography
Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Thumbs down

Their trick is that in the user agreement they have a clause stating that any challenge of a moderator is to be done off the forum via PM. They are using this to delete posts when you post a comment that conflicts with one posted by the moderator. This allows Cortez... the "super admin" and concealed commercial vendor to post any misinformation or commercial links he wants. If you point that out, your post gets deleted. The whole site just serves as his own commercial propaganda site and Charlie Burke is backing him up on it.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #60

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I have been a registered user on the WBCCI Forums for several weeks now. I look at it daily and have posted a number of times. I'm keeping an open mind about it, but it is moving very slowly, and is kind of a snoozer due to lack of participation. The WBCCI Forum averages only about 5 posts per day.

Even though I am quite active on Airforums, they haven't banned me or anything there, and I use the same screen name on both.

There was a thread recently on the WBCCI Forum about the creation of a Cyber Unit in the club. it got a few posts, then died from lack of interest. If that thread had been here, there would have been 500 posts to it.

Most of the posts on the WBCCI Forum are by a core group of about a half dozen people. If they can't generate more interest, it will quitely pass into history.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com