Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
The thread was simply moved. Want to read it, sign up and if you are a WBCCI member you'll be able to see it unedited and in its entirety.
Right... moved to where someone who might be considering membership can not read it. Why did it need to be moved? Everything that I posted was about the topic of the original post. The post was a link to the agenda of the Gillette rally and I commented on my feelings regarding that agenda and backed up my assertions with my experiences at the Madison rally. It was moved to divert attention and to conceal it from non-members.

Also answer me why all of a sudden my member access was rescinded? Right as this thread was moved to the members only area. If the deadline for membership renewal is November 1st as Deb Mann at HQ told me then why would the forum be updating membership status before that time? What list could Charlie have referred to?

This has not been the first time I have been given the bums-rush on that forum... it seems to be the way they operate.

What a poor reflection on a club that is trying desperately to save itself.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Right... moved to where someone who might be considering membership can not read it. Why did it need to be moved? Everything that I posted was about the topic of the original post. The post was a link to the agenda of the Gillette rally and I commented on my feelings regarding that agenda and backed up my assertions with my experiences at the Madison rally. It was moved to divert attention and to conceal it from non-members.

Also answer me why all of a sudden my member access was rescinded? Right as this thread was moved to the members only area. If the deadline for membership renewal is November 1st as Deb Mann at HQ told me then why would the forum be updating membership status before that time? What list could Charlie have referred to?

This has not been the first time I have been given the bums-rush on that forum... it seems to be the way they operate.

What a poor reflection on a club that is trying desperately to save itself.
FWIW, I have not renewed my membership and do not intend to until I attend the next El Camino Real Unit rally next week. I still have access to the members only section. It is my understanding that the November 1 deadline is for the membership directory and all memberships are on a calendar year basis (ie, January to December).

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
All. I've sat on the sidelines plenty on this and I am only going to say this on the subject because given my relationship with the site, I may appear a bit biased, but let me assure you of this (and I am not speaking for the site, nor was I asked to be spokesperson):
I have a question - what is the policy of a non-member of WBCCI being a moderator/administrator on WBCCI forums?
Were there discussions about the implications of having a non-member moderate?
I understand Cindy Reed - she is an employee and all.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
There are always more than one side to every story and the fact is that unless you are a member, you cannot see the thread. Not ONE, read my type, not ONE word was deleted from Steve's post. The thread was simply moved. Want to read it, sign up and if you are a WBCCI member you'll be able to see it unedited and in its entirety.

As management here can attest, conversations about WBCCI are passionate conversations. As such management here knows full well that these conversations do get heated and many times off topic. I have a new found respect for what moderators here and elsewhere do as they know all too well about things like this.....

I mean really, c'mon folks, many of you have known me for over 7 years, I'm not one to drink from the Kool-Aid and I believe I've been a fairly straight shooter, as I am being with you now.

In the end, you'll believe whatever you'd like, I'm simply trying to point again that there are always two sides to every story.

I have two thoughts about your post Eric, the first is your mentioning that if we want to read the thread since it is moved just sign up. Both Steve and I were denied access to the forums so that's two big deals right there, right?

The other is to ask you to please tell me what the other side to the story is, (oh and there can be more than two sides. ) In everything that I was able to read no tempers were lost and it was as civil and well intentioned as any post could be. I couldn't feel any heat from where I sat and read.

Eric are you a moderator? You were always first to lead the charge in the direction opposite WBCCI. Don't tell me its better to rule in WBCCI than to serve in Air Forums! And just where does the reference to beliefs come into play in regard to the preceding posts?

photography
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #85
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I think we all should take Silvertwinkie's words to heart.

But then again, perhaps only if you are a member, and then only if you keep in mind that there is always the ethics rule on the other side of the issue. So be ever mindful...in supermoderation.

Pat
Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
There are always more than one side to every story and the fact is that unless you are a member, you cannot see the thread. Not ONE, read my type, not ONE word was deleted from Steve's post. The thread was simply moved. Want to read it, sign up and if you are a WBCCI member you'll be able to see it unedited and in its entirety.
I am a member of the WBCCI and am signed up at their forum and the when I tried to access the thread it told me I don't have permission to access that thread. If it is open for everyone to see then why can't I see it?!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:12 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I am a member of the WBCCI and am signed up at their forum and the when I tried to access the thread it told me I don't have permission to access that thread. If it is open for everyone to see then why can't I see it?!
Rhonda,

You will likely have to send a request to one of the moderators to verify your WBCCI membership status. That is what I had to do when I originally signed a while back.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:18 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Not ONE, read my type, not ONE word was deleted from Steve's post. The thread was simply moved.
Eric... right all the commentary (including mine) was moved to another thread with the identical name as the original... problem is, Charlie's original post, the one the whole thread was in reference to, was not moved, thus making the whole thing a commentary on what?

Also, the new thread is indicated as being started by me... I did not post the thread... I did not initiate the topic.

This sort of manipulation just serves to confuse and obfuscate, which in my opinion was the moderators goal.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:44 AM   #89
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am a member but I cannot look.
I just cannot bring myself to do it.
The same four people post here so I don't feel I am missing out at all.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Then post about it here....

Steve, Frank & anybody else who is interested - I said that we would start a thread over at SaveWally - It is now up and open to all to read and contribute without the fears of overmoderation.....

CLICK HERE to read it and add the thoughts that were taken away.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com