Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Oh the agony of it all...................

Me too. I have been blocked from the site....presumably because I commented on my low regard for the administration.....and his commercial affiliation being used on the site. BoooooHoooo.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You just joined the banned? I wonder how many WBCCI banned members there are now? That certainly appears counterproductive to member retention or recruitment.

photography
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Thumbs down

Their trick is that in the user agreement they have a clause stating that any challenge of a moderator is to be done off the forum via PM. They are using this to delete posts when you post a comment that conflicts with one posted by the moderator. This allows Cortez... the "super admin" and concealed commercial vendor to post any misinformation or commercial links he wants. If you point that out, your post gets deleted. The whole site just serves as his own commercial propaganda site and Charlie Burke is backing him up on it.
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
Old 08-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #60

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I have been a registered user on the WBCCI Forums for several weeks now. I look at it daily and have posted a number of times. I'm keeping an open mind about it, but it is moving very slowly, and is kind of a snoozer due to lack of participation. The WBCCI Forum averages only about 5 posts per day.

Even though I am quite active on Airforums, they haven't banned me or anything there, and I use the same screen name on both.

There was a thread recently on the WBCCI Forum about the creation of a Cyber Unit in the club. it got a few posts, then died from lack of interest. If that thread had been here, there would have been 500 posts to it.

Most of the posts on the WBCCI Forum are by a core group of about a half dozen people. If they can't generate more interest, it will quitely pass into history.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
An Airstream forum was a good idea but WBCCI was slow on the gun and AirForums beat them to it with a better product. The WBCCI forum never matched up to the quality, usefulness, and activity of AirForums. The new WBCCI Forums was supposed to make them more competitive but never matched up. The capability of the person they picked to do the job and commercial interests have doomed it to mediocrity. The death rattle is apparent and I doubt it can be resuscitated. Too bad, a good idea doomed by poor forethought and implementation.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #62
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Carol,

Has your banned IP address ever been resolved? Any word why you were banned? It only takes a mouse click to fix. It shouldn't take days and even weeks! Any reason ever given for the ban?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 08-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Carol,

Has your banned IP address ever been resolved? Any word why you were banned? It only takes a mouse click to fix. It shouldn't take days and even weeks! Any reason ever given for the ban?
The IP said he contacted the Electronic Communication Chairman, Charlie Burke and was told that my access would be restored shortly. However it is still banned and that was last week. I have again e-mailed Charlie Burke as Tom Collier suggested since Charlie is in charge of the forums but Charlie has not responded to that e-mail or to prior e-mails. Stonewalled??? Oh and no mention of why this is happening despite my inquiries.

photography
Old 08-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Forums

The new WBCCI forums is about as useful to me as the Blue Beret is.

Let's go boondocking.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quick and final update on this incidence, I now have access to WBCCI.org public pages. I never had dialog with the administrator, moderator or the ECC so I can not clarify the matter beyond what has been stated here. But as of this evening after that additional followup inquiry to Charlie Burke and Tom Collier the ban on my IP address has been finally removed.

photography
Old 08-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #66
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Now work hard at getting banned for real...
Old 08-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #67
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Well they are not trying to hide the commercial aspect of the forum anymore. I guess they sent out and email and it's not even from WBCCI but from the commercial party who is running the site. I wonder how much personal info has been shared with this business?

I wonder what exactly the Airstream Club is? Do they mean the WBCCI? I wonder why they call it the Airstream Club Forums, wouldn't the WBCCI Forums be a better name?
Old 08-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Well they are not trying to hide the commercial aspect of the forum anymore. I guess they sent out and email and it's not even from WBCCI but from the commercial party who is running the site. I wonder how much personal info has been shared with this business?
There does appear to be some cross-pollination going on. I received the same email, having previously emailed the business that's hosting the site. (It's fair to expect them to hold on to the contact.)

Since I'm not a member of WBCCI (yet), no other way they'd have my email unless they bought a list from somewhere...

Tom
Old 08-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
I received the same email, presumably as a user of the old WBCCI forum. Certainly surprised to hear that "thanks to the tremendous outpouring of support it has been a huge success". Every time I have viewed it (as a guest), all the posts seem to have been by the moderators.

Sorry to see WBCCI shoot itself in the foot. . . again.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I wonder if Charlie has any fore knowledge of what Greg is up to or if anyone at WBCCI has to approve what he does in their name. If they have a way, I think they should pull the site away from Greg. There is a clear conflict of interests, which is against the new rules stated in the bylaws. If your reading this Charlie, please let us know what you think.

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com