Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Out in the middle of nowhere , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
That is why, if a new unit were to form, I would like to see that it is as open, friendly and fun as the Casini Ranch rally was.
...and that would be the main point of forming this Unit.
crkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Bigdee,

To answer your question. It's purely emotional on my part. Wally had a concept I think is worth preserving. After we are all dead and gone I'd like to believe that others would be keeping the concept alive and if we set something like this up we can not only keep it going but showing others a way to do it that is fun and enjoyable. I'd rather their kids and grandkids remember all the crazy happy people they used to camp with and those good memories might inspire them to get out of the house with their kids and go Airstreaming.

I think $60.00 is a cheap price to keep a history alive and to continue it in a positive way.

I'd also like to clarify that the Norcal does not have to morph into a Unit. Many Nor cal folks are in the WBCCI and I see it more of a conjunction of members and non members doing what they would do normally. It would create a Unit that we members would fit into. It would not be the intention to force anyone who does not want to be in the WBCCI to join.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Bigdee,
I'd also like to clarify that the Norcal does not have to morph into a Unit. Many Nor cal folks are in the WBCCI and I see it more of a conjunction of members and non members doing what they would do normally. It would create a Unit that we members would fit into. It would not be the intention to force anyone who does not want to be in the WBCCI to join.
Goin camping,

Thanks for clarifying the fact that quite a few of us are already WBCCI members and that none of us would even think of forcing our friends to join any club or organization.

Big Dee,

The WBCCI is an Airstream tradition. I agree that there is some concerns with the current organization, but I believe that there are many misconceptions as to what the club is and what the club does for its members. We have been fortunate to have experienced WBCCI caravans and rallies, some as good as forum rallies and some worse than a trip to the dentist. Joining the club opens one to meeting 100's of Airstream owners all over the country enjoying the local environment. As for the cost, you can't even fill the fuel tank of your TV for what it costs to be a member for one year, I can't even fill up half of my tank.

Most people who know me recognize that I am NOT a follower and cringe at the thought of conforming to any absurd rule. The WBCCI is not all about rules, just because a few units work well with a firm structure and perceived political entanglements, that is not the original concept nor is it the direction the enlightened members are supporting.

We don't go to the NorCal rallies because they are a "NorCal" rally, we go because it is a rally with a whole bunch of great people. And to be more accurate, it is a forum rally, made up of all kinds of folks from around California and even further, and at least one of the NorCal rallies was in the SoCal desert, with some coming from Arizona.

The only thing joining the WBCCI will do for anyone is opening up the opportunity to make more friends with Airstreams and visit more areas with new vistas. And for some folks, joining connects us to the Airstream legacy with hopes that we will pass the same on to our children.

The WBCCI is not for everybody, and there is no need to morph the NorCal group into a WBCCI unit, but my guess is that at least 10 families that attended the forum rallies will form a new unit, not because we want more rules, but because we want more fun rallies with both old and new friends pulling and driving their Airstreams.

John
Old 05-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #104
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
San clemente , California
Hi there you should look into the South Coast Unit, we consist of mostly working members a good mix of ages and focus our rallies for weekends and most are within an hour of Irvine, CA. let me know if you want more information, Bonnie
SC Air is offline   Reply With Quote