Old 08-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
So Grand Master if you see me on the side of the road wiff my AS and its got blue numbers,you would not stop to see if I needed a hand,is that correct???
Grand Master said "fellow Streamer", not "fellow WBCCI Member". He is an Airstreamer thru and thru that happens to also be a club member. I'm sure he'd stop even if the trailer sported blue numbers, as would almost any Airstreamer.

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
Wow!!!!
Some people sure have negative attitudes.

Of course I stop and help an Airstreamer in need. While traveling to Arches National Park there was a nice young couple with a cute 66 Safari stopped on the side of the road with their hood up. It was hot and they had overheated. I had a great conversation with them and made sure they were alright before heading on. They didn't have Red Numbers, but I sure told them about the fun I had as a kid (and now as a recently retired guy) Airstreaming.

I only made a positive statement in this thread about the benefits of the WBCCI, and never intended to imply anything else. In fact, it is a benefit to have red numbers when traveling. People are more inclined to help people they feel they have a connection with. You can also look them up in the directory before you get out of the car, so you already know something about them.

I also stop to help anyone with a Masonic emblem on their car, or a fellow Porsche driver. Good people naturally want to help others that they share something in common with.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Grand Master
Maybe I miss understood and yes When it comes to that CLUB I'm negative about that CLUB. You have to know about the 3 instances of being REJECTED by Club members that created my negativity.Because of those instances I will never join. I would stop to render help if I felt it was needed to any fellow camper no matter what they were pulling. I'm an old truck driver from the old school and that's just what we did, no matter what the company.
Dan B I will explain the reason's on our next meeting.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
No need Roger, I've read about your reasons previously and am sorry they happened.

I have absolutely no doubt that you would stop to help another stranded camper. In fact, I suspect you would be underneath the hood helping fix the problem in no time!

Have a great day!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Thanks for the vote of confidence Dan. No need to be sorry, you didn't cause my distaste for the club,nor did anyone on these Forums that I can remember. It was strictly face to face meetings with some members and rejections by others that have caused my distaste. So I will now drop the subject. Hope to see you all down the road.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #20

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I'd stop for ANY Airstream, just to take a peak inside! I'm not a member of any club but I'm in love with these shinny trailers. I can't get enough of them. Happy trails whatever your colors are. Mine are silver!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
So how can we join? Or am I about to get flooded with recruiting PMs?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
WBCCI.org has a membership info link. Once you read down part way, there is a link to the membership application form.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Springfield , Missouri
Hello, I am searching for an Airstream to purchase and found one listed with an ad agency. Can't get any response as to whether it has been sold or not. There are some numbers on the top front that are 16846. Anyone know anything about this trailer or owners? Thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 05:30 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
16846 is currently registered to Jack Smith of Norwich, OH. They are listed only with a Post office box number.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Springfield , Missouri
Thanks for the information. I will try to do more research.

Terry Walden
Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Hibby
Ya dont need to join to have fun. You just missed Metro-Detroit AIR or TAC I'm not sure which it was,at Indian Creek,Tecumseh. These were members of several orginizations.We just had fun with out pomp and circumstance and funny hats or nuffin,except for the kids and thier scavenger hunt. FOOD was more than anyone could eat,prizes at the Saturday night Potluck were out of this world and the PEOPLE ,the best in the country.We love em each and everyone. All this without belonging to any organization. So (just my opinion) don't waste your 55 bucks to join anything.Of course its all in what you want. I see no benefit when you can have this kind of fun.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
A choice . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Hibby, Ya dont need to join to have fun. You just missed Metro-Detroit AIR or TAC I'm not sure which it was,at Indian Creek,Tecumseh. These were members of several orginizations.We just had fun with out pomp and circumstance and funny hats or nuffin,except for the kids and thier scavenger hunt. FOOD was more than anyone could eat,prizes at the Saturday night Potluck were out of this world and the PEOPLE ,the best in the country.We love em each and everyone. All this without belonging to any organization. So (just my opinion) don't waste your 55 bucks to join anything.Of course its all in what you want. I see no benefit when you can have this kind of fun.
Hibby:

Mikethefixit . . . or is it Roger??? . . . is correct, that you do not need to join any club to learn about past fun rallies you have missed. You know, the rallies organized by AIR forums members . . .or was it by TAC members ??? . . . or was it by one of several other organizations??? It doesn't matter. Anyway, these rallies are held in well known places like Indian Creek, Tecumseh. You know it, right? Who needs an address or even a state, eh? Or even a beginning or ending date, huh? I mean, why do people need organizations to run rallies . . .really!!! So, no need to join since Mike . . or is it Roger??? . . . can tell you what fun you missed.

Alternatively, you can join an club that schedules rallies in advance; and that provides dates, locations, cost, campground details (including a helpful actual location), a schedule of events and sometimes a list of attendees. Some organized rallies have a web site you can visit for information and to sign up. Mike's web site is . . . where???

Well, you don't need details on fun events you missed, even if you think you might try to attend next year, because everybody had fun with absolutely no organization. In fact, these weren't rallies at all . . . they were spontaneous Happenings!! No one lifted a finger or made a contribution, except, of course, for food. Stuff just happens with no organization whatsoever!! So why join an organization? Be spontaneous, be free, save $$$$$, follow Mikethefixit . . . or it is Roger ?? . . and you too can have a lifetime of missed Airstreaming opportunities.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Gee Fred, feeling a little feisty today?

I'm guessing you never met Roger (or Mike)? Him and his wife are great people that I'm proud to camp with.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with him on his point. But you are really kinda driving your point home in a hard way.

Roger (mike, old guy, whatever.....) knows that Dave & Rhonda do an amazing job hosting the rally. So he didn't mention them. Oh well.

I'm sure you also are very aware that the Metro Detroit Rally was extremely well publicized and discussed online just about every day. It's been on the calendar and on the sidebar here (along with many other events) for months (years). Roger (not mike, guy that can outdrink me) is correct. You absolutely do not have to join any club to have fun. (Psst... Metro-Detroit=Michigan)

BUT.......

The newest WBCCI unit, NOVA, would love for anyone interested in more fun, friendship, and fellowship to consider joining us! Heck, I'm even working on Roger (Mike, rich truck guy) to dig up some cash out of his backyard to join!

Oh, I'd like to welcome another new member to NOVA today! I'll let the happy Airstreamer say hi personally if they wish!

We especially invite 'streamers from Bart Simpsons hometown!

NOVA! - NOVA

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote