Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Angry NEU Not Being Allowed into the Perry Rally

What a shock! We are not being allowed to attend the 2007 International Rally because we are based outside of the fairgrounds and day rates have been disallowed since our Caravan was planned. 1200 miles, two blown tires and lots of cash spent to be turned away at the door.

Not happy, I thought this was my club, seems only the NEU is my club.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Sigh....my husband and I took our hard earned vacation to join the Perry Caravan to International. We were both excited to attend our first International Rally. Our trip was wonderful with our NEU friends. Only one tire so far. My disbelief to find that we are not allowed to attend the rally due to the fact we are outside the fairgrounds. No day fee. Not even allowed to carry our flag. Drop off bulletin board, history board, unit publications to our region president. We came here in good faith to show support to our club. Feeling very disillusioned about all of this.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
That is just bogus.

I'm sure somebody will offer some excuse. But to me, none can be justified.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Angry What!?!?!

I am in shock! Speechless, jaw on the floor. I cannot believe it. This is simply unconscionable. Seems that a revolution is in order.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
That is OUTRAGEOUS! What idiot decided not to let ya'll in?
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
Old 06-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Horrifying

Oh my....We planned this caravan a year ago. Doing my "due diligence" I checked with International about staying off site and coming in for a day or two of events and was instructed that a day pass was the answer. So....we continued with our caravan plans and instructed the participants accordingly.

How absolutely horrifying and embarassing to be told that we cannot attend unless we pay the full $235 to register. No day rate of $15/person exists now that we are here. What to do with a caravan of 10 rigs and no where to go!

Time off from my business, lots of gas money, lots of time and effort for an International event that won't even offer us up a reasonable solution now that we are here. My business is problem solving, not problem creating...perhaps International should consider taking a proactive and positive approach to issues like this. Consider that the NEU is a Very Young Unit made up of working members with limited time but HUGE commitment to unit...We are growing in numbers and have an active membership with 60% active membership....Even International doesn't have that track record!

Maybe we're doing something right!

We continue on having fun, enjoying life and each other.....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
chuck here.

good thing I'm not THERE.

Where is Bob T???
What does he have to say about this???
Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Here's my two cents:

Wally Byam is spinning in his grave faster than the wheel on the Stream going 75mph down the interstate.

He was never about baloney like this. He was about get the trailers out there and see the world. Not all this protocol mumbo jumbo.

It's not the same organization anymore.

I'll bet if Wally was there and 10 Airstreamers roll up, he'd invite you all in. Heck, the old rallys he let anybody in, figuring if you saw the silver tube, you'd soon get rid of the box you showed up in and get an Airstream.

What a travesty.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
I would double check with, and get your Region 1 President involved in reviewing the intital decision. When I was at the 2005 International in Springfield, MO., there were people who attended the International who stayed in nearby motels. I don't see any difference between a motel and a nearby RV park. Talk to some International and/or Regional officers about this initial refusal decision, which seems very uninformed and unfriendly to me. An odd way to go about increasing membership and ensuring existing members experience Old Traditions and New Horizons. Best wishes in getting under the Big Tent!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
Old 06-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Just sad...

Well folks, if you needed any more confirmation that things at COMPLETELY SCREWY at the top - here it is...

Sorry to say that it really doesn't surprise me. I am shocked and saddened by it all. But not surprised.

Folks drive ACROSS the country and are TURNED AWAY!!!!!!! That's you ultimate proof...!!!!!!!

What would they say to someone that "saw all the cool AirStreams" and wanted to take a look see...? Possible future club member...?! NOT.... Heck, they are loosing people because of this FAISCO! And those folks will NOT BE COMING BACK!!!! EVER.

Sad.

My sincere apologies to all that went from the NEU only to be turned away.

Sad.

Sorry!

Axel
SilverToy
Old 06-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
That is for the dogs!!!

And they wonder why the membership is falling off! Hummmm, let me think!

Marie
Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
What a shock! We are not being allowed to attend the 2007 International Rally because we are based outside of the fairgrounds and day rates have been disallowed since our Caravan was planned. 1200 miles, two blown tires and lots of cash spent to be turned away at the door.

Not happy, I thought this was my club, seems only the NEU is my club.
When the big boys play like this, they usually don't play long. Given what I have read about WBCCI lately I would not expect the club to last much longer. A real shame as it was a great club with great leadership at one time. Real WBCCI leadership could have found a way to resolve the issue and salvage your trip. Would like to say unbelieveable but this appears to fit the pattern of current events. Sorry for your dissapointment. Find something to do as the NEU locally and have more fun outside than in. Sucess is the best revenge.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #13
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
NEU at Perry

I had the same thing at Salem last year.
Quess why I'm not a member!!!

Don

PS. WBCCI is a dead they just haven't been buried.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Talking Sucks

This kind of stuff just plain sucks!!
Maybe the forum is just the format to start some "birds of the feather" independant clubs using the forum as a focal point.
If ya spend ten bucks, you should receive ten bucks worth of pleasure.
The forum rallys are just fun. With 20,000 + members and growing - We have the power baby. If it don't feel good, don't do it.