Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #113
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
65gt

I understand your point. Youre a member at the International. Be a complete part of the International.

The other side of the coin is. Our Club is made of many personality types. Folks like me would prefer to stay offsite so its easier for me to come and go as I please and maybe we don't handle organization as well as others.

I think there's room for both types in our Club.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #114
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Not to throw this thread any more off track than it already is, but a $250 charge for 30A electric, only, may make it more economical to stay at a campground off site. Bill
yea bill this is a real issue/consideration.

250$ just for juice! wow.

that does pull at the heart string for someone who'd like to be part of the vintage show and good cheers.

while the wb' rejected the capetown caravan, there is now talk of having the capetowners' camp together too and perhaps display their units....huh?

and JUST to confuse the confusion...

the kind person myboyburt encountered at the gate TODAY may be the one that's incorrect

after this forum firestorm, i think donny decided to make an exception for this unit....

i still don't think everyday guest passes at the 16$ rate are available for MEMBERS of the wbcci.

here is a post from the wbcci forum on this topic, taken from this thread....

WBCCI Forum -

i think this IS the OFFICIAL position......
at least i'm pretending it is....
and i added the bold

Members of the New England Unit, unfortunately, received information that was in error.
The $18 guest ribbon they refer to is available, but only for NON-MEMBERS, not current WBCCI members.
A number of WBCCI members are staying offsite at campgrounds around Perry, are attending the Rally and are paying the full Rally fee.
Provisions have been made for those who are unable to attend the full rally.
WBCCI members who are only able to attend one to four days can register with the fee based on how many days they will be attending.
The fee schedule is a $100 base price plus $35 per day for two, or $20 per day for one, up to four days.

This will apply to those staying offsite and those onsite in the 3 amp electric area. Anyone desiring 30 amp electricity onsite must pay the full $135 charge regardless of how many days they will be parked.
Non-registered dues paying WBCCI members may represent their unit at the Delegates Seminar and Meeting by certifying through Credentials. They must present proof of membership, proof they are the designated delegate and they may attend only the Delegates Seminar and Meeting unless they register for the rally.
Other WBCCI members who wish to attend the Delegates Seminar and Meeting ONLY and are not registered, may be admitted if they bring proof of paid membership. If they are not paid members of WBCCI, they will not be admitted to the Delegates Seminar and Meeting.

so IF this is the offical position, and it sures reads like one....

well who's confused NOW?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
yea bill this is a real issue/consideration.

250$ just for juice! wow.

that does pull at the heart string for someone who'd like to be part of the vintage show and good cheers.

while the wb' rejected the capetown caravan, there is now talk of having the capetowners' camp together too and perhaps display their units....huh?

and JUST to confuse the confusion...

the kind person myboyburt encountered at the gate TODAY may be the one that's incorrect

after this forum firestorm, i think donny decided to make an exception for this unit....

i still don't think everyday guest passes at the 16$ rate are available for MEMBERS of the wbcci.

here is a post from the wbcci forum on this topic, taken from this thread....

WBCCI Forum -

i think this IS the OFFICIAL position......
at least i'm pretending it is....
and i added the bold

Members of the New England Unit, unfortunately, received information that was in error.
The $18 guest ribbon they refer to is available, but only for NON-MEMBERS, not current WBCCI members.
A number of WBCCI members are staying offsite at campgrounds around Perry, are attending the Rally and are paying the full Rally fee.
Provisions have been made for those who are unable to attend the full rally.
WBCCI members who are only able to attend one to four days can register with the fee based on how many days they will be attending.
The fee schedule is a $100 base price plus $35 per day for two, or $20 per day for one, up to four days.

This will apply to those staying offsite and those onsite in the 3 amp electric area. Anyone desiring 30 amp electricity onsite must pay the full $135 charge regardless of how many days they will be parked.
Non-registered dues paying WBCCI members may represent their unit at the Delegates Seminar and Meeting by certifying through Credentials. They must present proof of membership, proof they are the designated delegate and they may attend only the Delegates Seminar and Meeting unless they register for the rally.
Other WBCCI members who wish to attend the Delegates Seminar and Meeting ONLY and are not registered, may be admitted if they bring proof of paid membership. If they are not paid members of WBCCI, they will not be admitted to the Delegates Seminar and Meeting.

so IF this is the offical position, and it sures reads like one....

well who's confused NOW?

cheers
2air'
2air,

Now for one, I am confused and you might have seen my question regarding this daily fee for non members on the WBCCI forum. I expect to see an answer from Bill Shrader tomorrow or perhaps tonight, he is very good on responses.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #116
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
I expect to see an answer from Bill Shrader tomorrow or perhaps tonight, he is very good on responses.Bill
bill
as i'm sure you noticed, the quote above is from 'shrader' on the wbcci forums...

pretty specific as i read it but NOT easy to apply/enforce at the gate....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #117
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Easy, guys...

I know this subject is touchy at best. There's enough animosity over the club, let's not go after each other as well. Y'all know who I'm talking to.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #118
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Maybe in a perfect WBCCI world...

Here is a possible solution, it could work, it would just require a calculator--

*gatekeeper* "Hi, welcome to International. How many members, for how many days?"

*WBCCI member* "Two, from the 26th-4th".

*gatekeeper* "Okay, two people, 8 days. That'll be $165, you'll need to be off the fairgrounds by 1 PM on the 4th. Here's your parking sticker with your departure date, please display it on the windshield of your tow vehicle. Enjoy the rally. Next person in line, please!"

And you are out the door in about 2 minutes, off to enjoy the rally.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
In the end, this really doesn't impact me

I'm having a blast on the NEU Caravan. The campground we are staying at is first rate with a beautiful pool, hot tub, laundry and recreation buildings that are open 24 hours a day. We met up with my parents who traveled here from AZ (yes, we are an Airstreaming family) and we are just enjoying the local area and people.

The problem (still) is no one at the international level seems to know what the "rules" are. We are willing to play by the rules but cannot be expected to know which representatives of the International Rally know what the rules are and which ones don't. Remember, our Caravan hosts got a green light for us to attend on day passes months ago.

Will I try to attend another International Rally? Not likely. And it's not because of the treatment we received here. It is because this rally is geared towards our older members and has little to offer to me, a still working member of the WBCCI who just wants to have fun while on vacation.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
What the Club is trying to do is prevent this type of attendance next year.

They'll be making a big investment for electric which will result in $250 for 30amp electric.

__
Did I see this right? $250 for 5 days electric! And you wonder why people want to stay off site. Why not have the rally near a couple of big parks and rent some fair ground buildings and save everyone big bucks?
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The different schedules of fees and requirements need to be well documented, versed by those in immediate charge and published in advance online. I love Terry's suggestion for a smooth admission and agree with Shakesman about the costs of electricity. The keepers of the gate are the only ones to give you the thumbs up or the thumbs down. A streamline would be in order. WBCCI should address the membership to see if they prefer paying higher fees to support the many volunteers who cannot be held accountable as such and need to be subsidized by those fees for their free extended stay and appreciation perks or if it would be better to just hire out and pay less and require more efficiency. Strokes vs Cost/Efficiency.

I do also hope the NEU gets to spend quality time at this International and perhaps events of the future will become more palatable to the younger newer members of which do not typically attend the entertainment and meetings but come to meet AS friends and socialize.

I cannot emphasize the importance of climate at an event this lengthy and well attended. I basically found myself getting into the truck and driving out just to run my AC and look for a spot to chill with a bit of elbow room and to walk the dog. The cost of 30 amp is high added onto an already high fee for the services and programs of interest.

Leo it was very good that you had the opportunity to stay off sight and visit the International last year and I hope no one questioned your alliegience to WBCCI for not being committed enough to take off and drive your AS over from NY and you were made to feel welcome.

photography
Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #122
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
A little while ago,I talked to a Wbcci member who pulled into the c/g I'am in.I asked if he was going/coming back from Perry and he said "not interested in going this year".I showed him my squaregosy (never saw one up close) and told him I get on the "airforums" quite a bit.He never heard of the forums ! He asked why I don't belong to Wbcci,and I gave him my opion. He then said "at least with the Wbcci,you have to own an Airstream to join,and how many people on "Airforums" really have one". Hmmm,don't think thats what the forums really about though.I told him I'll join "Airforums" and get my decals and maybe go to a forums rally in the future instead of joining the Wbcci.Too much fussing and fighting,and Wbcci authority figures trying to be the Airstream police while smiling and lining their pockets with my hard earned money.Thats how my night's went,hows your's going?......Brian
Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
By the way,my rent at my c/g is $350 per MONTH w/elec,water,sewer and 77 cable channels (Hbo & Cmax).I know Perry is a special event and all,but a profit is certainly being made there.Money,money,money,thats all this worlds about any more!!! Brian
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #124
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman
Did I see this right? $250 for 5 days electric! And you wonder why people want to stay off site. Why not have the rally near a couple of big parks and rent some fair ground buildings and save everyone big bucks?
This is what the club does, fairgrounds are not free, nor are they cheap.

Lets take a deep breath and look at this. Some people MUST have 30 AMP power, but last time I looked, Southern Georgia is at close to sea level and Bozeman Montana is at 6 or 7 thousand feet. How many people are going to really NEED 30 amp? If I were going I would not pay for the 30 AMP.

Anyone bother to look at Bozeman's weather this week? Highest daytime temp 92, normally upper 80s, and Low 50's almost EVERY night. I don't think there will be many taking 30 AMP, even if it was cheaper.

Also the rally is not 5 days, It started on the 27th of June and runs through the 4th of July. If I don't count the shoulder days that makes it 9 days and normally you come in a day before, and stay until the 5th.....

So 9 days of unlimited 30 AMP power for $250.00, makes it less $28.00 per day for power. Not such a kings ransom when a normal CG runs 30 or so, huh?
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
bill
as i'm sure you noticed, the quote above is from 'shrader' on the wbcci forums...

pretty specific as i read it but NOT easy to apply/enforce at the gate....

cheers
2air'
2air,

I know that your quote is from Bill Shrader, however that answer raised more questions in my feeble brain and I am waiting for answers to the new questions.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #126
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer1
I know Perry is a special event and all,but a profit is certainly being made there.Money,money,money,thats all this worlds about any more!!! Brian
Can you please provide the FACTS you have at hand that show the club is raking in money? I know I get the financials every couple of years and I do not see the bank balances growing........ Are you looking at real numbers or offering a SWAG?

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Closed Thread