Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 AM   #71
Trailerite

1971 23' Safari
Riverton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Our pull tabs are in Zip-Lock baggies on top of our counter in "The Tube" and I have the instructions that will help us remove the fabric from our Zip Dee chairs so that they can be embroidered with an image of our Airstream and our WBCCI numbers tomorrow.
I may be throwing gas on a fire, but after what just happened, are you sure you want to do this?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #72
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
PLEASE NOTE THAT I'M NOT WEARING A MODERATOR HAT IN THIS THREAD.

OK, so I've had a chance to read the entire thread now. It looks like maybe the issue has been cleared up. I would appreciate it if somebody could check back in here (in this thread) and let us know if you were able to gain entry. As Silverhobby and dpandorf have stated, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on gasoline and waste a preciuos off-day just to get turned away at the gate by a volunter who is unaware of the rules (this is somewhat understandable, the WBCCI seems to have a lot of rules).

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #73
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
It looks like if a volunteer gatekeeper tries to turn you away, you tell them to talk to Don Shafer, he said this what what was to be done. If the gatekeeper looks at you like he doesn't know who Don is, go find another gatekeeper.

I won't go into the whole volunteer bit, but I remember one WBCCI function, where the entire parking crew walked off the job, and Brett and I, along with a couple other hapless attendees, wound up parking the remainder of the rallygoers. Luckily, not that many more showed up.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
if I go down for the day, then we can get in free to walk the parking area? And we pay 18.00 of we want to view the vendor/ exhibit area? Is that right?
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkytheKid
I may be throwing gas on a fire, but after what just happened, are you sure you want to do this?
Yes, I'll add my WBCCI numbers on my chairs. My local unit is great which makes it worth the pain of being part of the mother ship.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #76
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
Hey guys, I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet, but get this:

I asked in another thread what the procedures were for visiting the International say for one day. I live nearby, but cannot attend the entire event. 65GT (and others) checked the rules and reported back that I could walk up and a buy a one day pass that would allow me attend all of the events for the day. AND I'M NOT EVEN A MEMBER OF THE WBCCI.

What gives here? Non-members are welcomed but not regular members?

Jim
We will post about our success (or failure) on this thread later on today.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #77
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
if I go down for the day, then we can get in free to walk the parking area? And we pay 18.00 of we want to view the vendor/ exhibit area? Is that right?
If you go to the vendor area, you can peruse the Airstream company store. I never leave there without carrying armloads of "stuff" away with me.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
International Rally

Why would NEU members travel all the way down to the Rally location and then stay at another location, only to go to the rally to visit other NEU members? Isn't the whole idea of an International Rally to get their trailers together with and meet Airstreamer's from all over the country? (That's what I read)

If many people did that and just came for a few days how would that effect the way the club pays for the event?

I have heard complaint's about dropping attenance at the Internationals and camping off site seems to be one of the reasons.

The day pass issue is not part of my comments as this seems to be aimed at satillite parkers that just want to purchase passes by the day. (For whatever reasons they have)

I don't think this is just about being refused day tickets by un-informed rally workers. Sounds like the Rally organizers are trying to put a lid on Al La carte Rally visitors.
Just my observations so far.
Gary NEU Member
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #79
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Here is what I have found out as of today:

There is as I mentioned above a day pass rate to enter all facilities, attend seminars, etc. That one we resolved last night.

There is also a way those who come in late CAN still park, but pay a reduced rate. Due to the contracts that were executed the rates are not cheap, but an effort has been made to be accommodating.

There is a flat $100.00 rally fee, plus a $35.00 per day on site fee. This DOES NOT include 30 AMP power. There is a flat rate for that imposed by the fairgrounds of 135.00 per rig, regardless of days on the grounds.

Rally fees based on the rally coupon were $255 for 2 persons in a coach, plus $135 for 30 AMP power. If you are going to stay for more than 4 days, you are better off paying the full fee.

Hope this clears it up. It may not be as cheap as some would like, but the ARE trying to support those that cannot attend the whole rally.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
WBCCI Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62
Why would NEU members travel all the way down to the Rally location and then stay at another location, only to go to the rally to visit other NEU members? Isn't the whole idea of an International Rally to get their trailers together with and meet Airstreamer's from all over the country? (That's what I read)

If many people did that and just came for a few days how would that effect the way the club pays for the event?

I have heard complaint's about dropping attenance at the Internationals and camping off site seems to be one of the reasons.

The day pass issue is not part of my comments as this seems to be aimed at satillite parkers that just want to purchase passes by the day. (For whatever reasons they have)

Gary NEU Member
I think you have something there. But instead of changing the event, like not July 4th week in a place that is hot as h... without AC for all, they come up with new rules. We can now see that all this talk about retaining members is really just marketing and getting a new MH. To rise to a position of power in this organization requires an indifference to petty authority.

I don't think this is just about being refused day tickets by un-informed rally workers. Sounds like the Rally organizers are trying to put a lid on Al La carte Rally visitors.
Just my observations so far.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
If you go to the vendor area, you can peruse the Airstream company store. I never leave there without carrying armloads of "stuff" away with me.
You're right about that, Terry. They have everything from parts to Airsteam boxer shorts. I somehow resisted buying those, but did get some other "stuff".

I had no idea this issue with the NEU was unfolding here until I read through the entire thread late last night. At this point I can't speak about the availability hook-ups, but there's plenty of room here, and no one pulling an Airstream should be turned away. This place is huge. We have spent a good deal of time cruising around on our bikes, but we jumped on the wrong trolley last night and saw a few areas that we didn't know existed. In fact, at this time there is enough room for at least 4 more units directly across from us with water and electric. I hope this works out for the NEU. If it is one thing that has become very evident over the past two years, this organization is in no position to be playing any more petty games with its current or prospective members.
WDCU
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Just to mention as to why anyone would care to stay offsite, I have a few comments in that regard. When you arrive you can immediately set up in your own site and set-up instead of waiting in the bullpen if you are out of parking hours. You would have more space and possibly catch a breeze, have a proper full hookup and the amenities of a pool and whirlpool, clubhouse and dependable wi-fi and all for less than the price of the rally fees and electricity. Parking can be laboriously long. Last year in Salem after arriving in the evening and spending the night in the bullpen I was directed to pull over and wait until the end of the parking day 4 or 5 and see if electric was available, this in temperatures over 100 degrees, and insult onto injury the parkers saying there were plenty of electric sites and didn't know why the woman in charge was requiring that. I opted to take the 3 amp service just to get into a space before the day heated more and get my fans and hookups done. Others were told similarly and left to return the next day and ran into the same requirement, still with plenty of electrical sites available. However even being parked in the morning and accepting 3 amp we were parked in the wrong place and then had to move to the side of the road for 45 minutes in the hot car until the parker could get someone to answer him as to where to park us with dogs. When they decided to put us in the back they said it might be a wait to hook up to 3 amp or water... After that you must go register and that is a also a painstakingly long chore after a hefty hike to the building. There again watch your window of opportunity or you will need to come back during the proper time. And if you add on the times you may get sniped for not having the right diameter hoses or a CB or clothes pin and string or your numbers displayed properly or a Y without a turn off it is a frustrating ordeal, the heat makes it worse. If I were paying hundreds of dollars if not more to cross country and spend this amount of time I would want to enjoy some comfort and perhaps enhance the experience of the WBCCI experience. Miscommunications are rampant and you often feel set adrift and fighting for survival with no control tired hot and far from home with less than gracious friendly responses. You may just have to drive a few thousand miles and spend time getting shuffled around in their shoes before you think their solution inappropriate. They are there and that's what should count. I know we should all give until it hurts but even the most enthusiastic can be eventually deterred with enough obstacles. Kudos to NEU for caring and working at supporting the WBCCI!

photography
Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #83
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bill Shrader posted information regarding the solution to this problem at the WBCCI forums here: WBCCI Forum -

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Our experience...

We arrived on Tuesday, June 26th at noon. We were very cheerfully greeted , and had to wait a total of 4 minutes in the bullpen before we were parked. We were asked for our numbers, but not scolded for not having them displayed. Later on, one member of the several groups that came around to check our electric, gas, and water connections, etc., (that was a new, strange experience) gave some advice on how to correctly apply the numbers "should I ever decide to". However, I talked to another member parked behind me who said he was scolded twice for not having his displayed. I read the advice for first timers which said to have a "Y" connector, extra sewer hose, water hose, 30 amp extension cord, clothes pin, and CB radio, so I brought them but haven't had to use any of them yet. We were given the colored string at the time we arrived. Registration was casual, and was easily accomplished with no waiting. We could have taken a trolley, but elected to walk. Again, this was only our experience, so we obviously can't accurately speak for all who are here.

Who knows? I can only think they may have learned something from Salem.

WDCU
Closed Thread