Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes Brad, just as I was saying about the age issue. You proved my point thanks, Ralph
Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam
Thanks to the assistance of Brett, we have now resolved the issue of accessing the International Rally. Members of the NEU, staying off site, can in fact purchase a visitor/day pass.

Thank you, Brett, you are my new hero!

(To the family 5 hours away...come on down and visit with us at the campground! You can indeed purchase a visitor pass to the rally.)
Yippee! Thank you Brett!

Our pull tabs are in Zip-Lock baggies on top of our counter in "The Tube" and I have the instructions that will help us remove the fabric from our Zip Dee chairs so that they can be embroidered with an image of our Airstream and our WBCCI numbers tomorrow.

I don't understand why members of my unit were harassed (and this is a mild statement) when trying to check in as NEU delegates or just trying to get a day pass to visit the International Rally. We all had planned to attend this evening's opening event as we thought our Unit President would be able to represent us with our our unit flag. But no, this was not the case, because none of us are staying on site - paying the full rally fee. We needed to request a member of a different region 1 unit carry our flag. We passed our unit bulletin board, unit history book and unit newsletter to a great friend of the NEU (not a NEU member, in another unit in Region 1) and hopefully he is allowed to display our items as our club put a ton of effort into them.

Even though Brett (and others) appear to have saved the day for us I feel great disappointment in the club that is suppose to want and represent me.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
I think they knew how we voted on the Airstream Bus issue. There is no excuse for this knid of bs. I have been here in NE wishing I didn't have to cancel out. I am over that. The only club is the local club, not regional, and not international. We don't need them. Come home to NE and burn your red coats at the next rally.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Sounds that at the end of the day this issue was caused by an uninformed/unknowing volunteer. Well volunteers do come from the human race and as we all know once that group gets involved in anything mistakes happen. The only saving grace is that other humans can and do correct those mistakes. Well done Thenewkid 64. Thumbs up to you.

NEU folks can and will have a great time tomorrow doing what they want to do at the International. Glad you guys are getting in.

dpandorf, Take your kids and go camping. They won't care or remember what was or was not done around the house. They will remember you taking them camping forever.

Have fun everybody.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #65
Aluminum Addict

Gastonia , North Carolina
Be Still My Heart...

Now that my heart has finally slowed back to normal.... I have a few things to say. My local NC unit was an old stick in the mud group of "Rules, Regulations, and it Has to be Done This Way". I changed after the first year to another NC unit that is progressive, younger, friendlier, more outgoing, etc. The reason that the unit I now belong to was formed was for a better group of like minded people.

Change is good, communication is the key.

Turning WBCCI members away from this event IS absurd. I thank Brett for staying diligent and procuring an answer for this glaring miscommunication and oversight.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:08 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Man, stuff like this takes the wind out of your sails! I too had to cancel out this year. I think I'll just stick to the local stuff in the future............
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
Old 06-28-2007, 05:01 AM   #67
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
Man, stuff like this takes the wind out of your sails! I too had to cancel out this year. I think I'll just stick to the local stuff in the future............

Home is where your friends are, and our friends are all in NEU!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 06-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Woke to good news on our getting in, keep your fingers crossed. As soon as Michelle brings over the insructions on how to remove my zipdee chair seats I'll be packing them up to get ready to take over to the rally.

It will take a lot of polishing to remove the tarnish that has appeared on my image of the WBCCI. Maybe a healthy dose of NEU fun when we get back will help.

Okay a black cat just walked through my campsite is this a good sign???? Time to get ready for my big day at International, what should I wear??? red jacket, blue hat??? Too hot, I think I'll go in wearing a Maverick shirt.
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 AM   #69
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Hey guys, I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet, but get this:

I asked in another thread what the procedures were for visiting the International say for one day. I live nearby, but cannot attend the entire event. 65GT (and others) checked the rules and reported back that I could walk up and a buy a one day pass that would allow me attend all of the events for the day. AND I'M NOT EVEN A MEMBER OF THE WBCCI.

What gives here? Non-members are welcomed but not regular members?

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #70
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
I Have Read All of this Thread

It seems that there has been some miscommunication with the volunteers that are supposed to be in the know. I am going to continue to follow this thread and will make my decision as to visit or not. I don't have to drive thousands of miles to get there, but my gas money is precious to me as well. If Wally Byam's World is closed, I'll find the local outlet mall.
visit my restoration blog at:
Old 06-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #71
Trailerite

1971 23' Safari
Riverton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Our pull tabs are in Zip-Lock baggies on top of our counter in "The Tube" and I have the instructions that will help us remove the fabric from our Zip Dee chairs so that they can be embroidered with an image of our Airstream and our WBCCI numbers tomorrow.
I may be throwing gas on a fire, but after what just happened, are you sure you want to do this?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:43 AM   #72
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
PLEASE NOTE THAT I'M NOT WEARING A MODERATOR HAT IN THIS THREAD.

OK, so I've had a chance to read the entire thread now. It looks like maybe the issue has been cleared up. I would appreciate it if somebody could check back in here (in this thread) and let us know if you were able to gain entry. As Silverhobby and dpandorf have stated, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on gasoline and waste a preciuos off-day just to get turned away at the gate by a volunter who is unaware of the rules (this is somewhat understandable, the WBCCI seems to have a lot of rules).

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 AM   #73
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It looks like if a volunteer gatekeeper tries to turn you away, you tell them to talk to Don Shafer, he said this what what was to be done. If the gatekeeper looks at you like he doesn't know who Don is, go find another gatekeeper.

I won't go into the whole volunteer bit, but I remember one WBCCI function, where the entire parking crew walked off the job, and Brett and I, along with a couple other hapless attendees, wound up parking the remainder of the rallygoers. Luckily, not that many more showed up.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
if I go down for the day, then we can get in free to walk the parking area? And we pay 18.00 of we want to view the vendor/ exhibit area? Is that right?
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:14 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkytheKid
I may be throwing gas on a fire, but after what just happened, are you sure you want to do this?
Yes, I'll add my WBCCI numbers on my chairs. My local unit is great which makes it worth the pain of being part of the mother ship.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 AM   #76
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
Hey guys, I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet, but get this:

I asked in another thread what the procedures were for visiting the International say for one day. I live nearby, but cannot attend the entire event. 65GT (and others) checked the rules and reported back that I could walk up and a buy a one day pass that would allow me attend all of the events for the day. AND I'M NOT EVEN A MEMBER OF THE WBCCI.

What gives here? Non-members are welcomed but not regular members?

Jim
We will post about our success (or failure) on this thread later on today.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #77
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
if I go down for the day, then we can get in free to walk the parking area? And we pay 18.00 of we want to view the vendor/ exhibit area? Is that right?
If you go to the vendor area, you can peruse the Airstream company store. I never leave there without carrying armloads of "stuff" away with me.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
International Rally

Why would NEU members travel all the way down to the Rally location and then stay at another location, only to go to the rally to visit other NEU members? Isn't the whole idea of an International Rally to get their trailers together with and meet Airstreamer's from all over the country? (That's what I read)

If many people did that and just came for a few days how would that effect the way the club pays for the event?

I have heard complaint's about dropping attenance at the Internationals and camping off site seems to be one of the reasons.

The day pass issue is not part of my comments as this seems to be aimed at satillite parkers that just want to purchase passes by the day. (For whatever reasons they have)

I don't think this is just about being refused day tickets by un-informed rally workers. Sounds like the Rally organizers are trying to put a lid on Al La carte Rally visitors.
Just my observations so far.
Gary NEU Member
Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 AM   #79
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Here is what I have found out as of today:

There is as I mentioned above a day pass rate to enter all facilities, attend seminars, etc. That one we resolved last night.

There is also a way those who come in late CAN still park, but pay a reduced rate. Due to the contracts that were executed the rates are not cheap, but an effort has been made to be accommodating.

There is a flat $100.00 rally fee, plus a $35.00 per day on site fee. This DOES NOT include 30 AMP power. There is a flat rate for that imposed by the fairgrounds of 135.00 per rig, regardless of days on the grounds.

Rally fees based on the rally coupon were $255 for 2 persons in a coach, plus $135 for 30 AMP power. If you are going to stay for more than 4 days, you are better off paying the full fee.

Hope this clears it up. It may not be as cheap as some would like, but the ARE trying to support those that cannot attend the whole rally.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
WBCCI Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62
Why would NEU members travel all the way down to the Rally location and then stay at another location, only to go to the rally to visit other NEU members? Isn't the whole idea of an International Rally to get their trailers together with and meet Airstreamer's from all over the country? (That's what I read)

If many people did that and just came for a few days how would that effect the way the club pays for the event?

I have heard complaint's about dropping attenance at the Internationals and camping off site seems to be one of the reasons.

The day pass issue is not part of my comments as this seems to be aimed at satillite parkers that just want to purchase passes by the day. (For whatever reasons they have)

Gary NEU Member
I think you have something there. But instead of changing the event, like not July 4th week in a place that is hot as h... without AC for all, they come up with new rules. We can now see that all this talk about retaining members is really just marketing and getting a new MH. To rise to a position of power in this organization requires an indifference to petty authority.

I don't think this is just about being refused day tickets by un-informed rally workers. Sounds like the Rally organizers are trying to put a lid on Al La carte Rally visitors.
Just my observations so far.
Closed Thread