Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #43
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman

i'd guess that folks without trailers staying in local motels,

attending everyday, pay the full rally fee...

anyone actually done this who can confirm?

I have attended several Internationals in the past and stayed in the motels that were listed in the BB for each particular rally.I always paid the full rally fee and was listed on the locater board as 'off site'.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
I have offered to make an attempt at correcting this.

Did you read my post above? I am not a person in leadership position, but I AM someone who IS HERE and someone who IS WILLING to try to get these folks that want to attend into the rally.

I appreciate all the vitriol some of you have felt necessary to pour out on the club, and in some cases it is deserved, but ummmm,, are you here? Did you make the effort to come to the rally? Do you support the club in ANY way? or is it all just throwing rocks because you don't like something. There is a reason that I don't post here very often any more and this thread is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why. I am NOT going to go searching for someone to try to get it fixed RIGHT NOW because the person I would need to speak to is sitting in a group of 2000+ at the main hall, participating in Opening Ceremonies, and I don't know what they look like.

So let it run its course, we will have an answer in the AM, that is the best that can be done from where I sit. BTW that is in Green section, Row 1.
Hi Brett,

My wife and I just joined the WBCCI via the WDCU in the last month as we just purchased our first Airstream just two months ago. Not having done any rally before let alone a huge international event and having just joined we did not think we had a chance to get 30 amp service at Perry.

We had not planned on going to the event even though its only a 5 hour drive from where we live without knowing we could get 30 amp service. We have two boys 11 & 8 and when we heard about the campground nearby has a pool (the same one the NEU is staying in) and we could get day passes to get in we were jazzed to leave this Friday and head down for the weekend.

Now we're rethinking the whole thing. We haven't cancelled our reservation yet but hearing what I've heard on this thread doesn't make me too excited about going now. I don't feel like wasting a weekend of my valuable time off from work with my family not knowing if I can even get into the fairgrounds.

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #45
Past Prez.NEU/Membership

2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Yikes .........sorry to hear that our NEU members are being turned away at registration! Surely.... there must be some misunderstanding. Don't take "NO" for an answer guys. Go back tomorrow and don't leave until the problem is resolved.

Definitely take thenewkid64 up on his offer.

Keep smilin'
Gail
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel
WBCCI #2905-NEU

Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman

i'd guess that folks without trailers staying in local motels,

attending everyday, pay the full rally fee...

anyone actually done this who can confirm?
Never done it myself, but at the three Internationals I've been to I've always met folks* who were there on day passes.

Something's not right.

Someone down there has got their wires crossed...

*Including WBCCI members staying in their Airstreams at local campgrounds...

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
And what about any outsiders that may want to stop by and are thinking about buying a Airstream and joining WBCCI ?? What do you think they will do?? I have a pretty good Idea !!! Yeah let some SOB motorhomes join.. What are these people thinking that are running these things?? I can think of better ways to get the membership totals up. How about not snobbing younger people and catering more towards them. They are our future!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #48
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Ok, here is the skinny.

I was able to talk to someone regarding these two issues.

Issue one: Day passes. They are available, they are $18.00? Dollars a day. These day passes WILL get you in all rally entertainment and venues for the day. If you wish to attend the business meetings you WILL REQUIRE proof of current membership, IE the card that international sent you with your dues receipt, a badge does not do it, unless it has a proper rally ribbon attached. Meetings are for the membership.

Issue two. If you want to come into the rally AND bring your trailer there will be a day rate for that as well. The rates will be available in the morning. There was a meeting today regarding this and other on-going rally issues that resulted in this. I don't think they could work any faster than that. I will post this information as soon as I can.

BTW the person I spoke with on these issues was Don Shafer, WBCCI President.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #49
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
I have attended several Internationals in the past and stayed in the motels that were listed in the BB for each particular rally.I always paid the full rally fee and was listed on the locater board as 'off site'.
thanks for the details mike...

cheers
2air'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgesch
I've always met folks* who were there on day passes.Something's not right.
agree complete somethin' is fishy.
BUT again day passes for everyday? not suggesting it hasn't happened but i sure can't find it anywhere in the fee schedules...

with the activity of a unit at stake wouldn't you verify this in writing?

maybe the ibt wigs read our posts here about staying off site and CHANGED the game plan?

can't wait for the thursday update!

Quote:
a badge does not do it, unless it has a proper rally ribbon attached.....
see i knew a ribbon was involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
And what about any outsiders that may want to stop by and are thinking about buying a Airstream and
seems i read here that there is a 2nd entrance to the a/s showroom area for the non paying public?

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #50
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
And what about any outsiders that may want to stop by and are thinking about buying a Airstream and joining WBCCI ?? What do you think they will do??
Anyone can browse the new units and chat with the members that are wandering around the grounds, this is welcomed!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Seems a shame it took a meeting to get this cleared up!!!! Shows what kind of leadership we have in ths club. Next election I will look at age only when I vote!! This OLD mindset HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good going thenewkid64. Job well done!! Ralph 4201
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
Quote:
Anyone can browse the new units and chat with the members that are wandering around the grounds, this is welcomed!
Thanks Brett, maybe we will have to readjust our weekend plans and mindset after all.

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
Old 06-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Brett,

Good work for 10 PM, everyone should be relaxing and not working on problems.

Now as long as Michelle is monitoring this thread, everything should be hunky dory tomorrow.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #54
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Not bad Brett....a little oil on the right sproket gets the beast going again...good job!
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Maybe we should have a FORUMS INTERNATION RALLY same time as WBCCI's and see what one has the most units attend. Any questions??? Wish I was there and had someone tell me I cant come in. He would have a whole new attitude adjustment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ralph #4201
Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 PM   #56
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Thank You it is resolved

Thanks to the assistance of Brett, we have now resolved the issue of accessing the International Rally. Members of the NEU, staying off site, can in fact purchase a visitor/day pass.

Thank you, Brett, you are my new hero!

(To the family 5 hours away...come on down and visit with us at the campground! You can indeed purchase a visitor pass to the rally.)