Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
I've posted about this issue this over on the WBCCI Forums so that seomone there may see it and be able to act on it:
WBCCI Forum - NEU not allowed to into Perry?

Let's hope that once the proper WBCCI authorities are notified that a quick and equitable solution can be found.

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
Old 06-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #16
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Today is the "first day" of the rally. So if you are going to come in on the first day and be here for the bulk of the rally I am having a hard time understanding what it has to do with a day rate?

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
we cannot attend unless we pay the full $235 to register
and the title is "Not being allowed into the party"

and then look at the outrage.

While I agree that there should be day passes and have suggested so in the past, the problem here isn't there.

To claim you are "not being allowed in" because you don't want to pay the price of admission is not really being honest. And to go gaga over such an event is perhaps the kind of hyperbole that betrays an attitude that is really behind why WBCCI looses members. Who wants to join a bunch of whiners?

As in many of these issues there are several significant questions. As is also the case, there isn't much interesti in looking at mutual culpabilities, either.

As for norms and such things, in my experience it is quite usual for an organization to require registration - and often including hotel room rental - to attend their annual convention.

I have seen in another thread where someone was invited in with a day pass. The contradiction here is puzzling and speaks to a policy formation and communications problem that I think is important but long neglected in WBCCI. Sometimes the lax standards make people happy, other times they don't but either way the organization looses.

One question is why a person or even a group of persons who are members in an organization would set themselves apart - and then demand to be let in. This has bothered me in past Internationals and I could just rationalize some of it by the need for relief from the heat. But that isn't the case here as there is 30 amp service available.

If it is indeed as important to someone as indicated in this thread, on has to wonder why it is not $235 important.

Yes there is the principle of the thing. But that really needs consistency and depth to have credibility.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
There is a reason I do not have red numbers on my new Airstream....we have just read about it. The MoHo issue/vote will make up my mind for sure.

The difference between the Cub Scouts and the WBCCI is...the scouts have adult leadership!!

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #19
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Does the $235 rally fee include the parking fees for the fairground? Or are they separate? If they are separate from the rally fees, then y'all should expect to pay the $235. If it is supposed to include parking fees, that may be where the problem is.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Here is the message for you officials??? If there is a question to qualifications for entry, Let them in - resolve it later - do a little PR -

These members of our community are most likley not criminials and the percentage of Airstream folks trying bust your gates has gotta be small. Hello - is anyone there???
Old 06-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
The $235 DOES include the rally fee AND 3 AMP Power and water. The 30 AMP IS extra.

If you wish to stay off site, you can get a day pass for events and such for a nonimnal fee, I belive this is $15.00 per day.

If you want to come wander the grounds, look up friends, hang out at the fairgrounds but not do entertainment, see vendors, or PARK YOUR TRAILER then it is FREE.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #22
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
Here is the message for you officials??? If there is a question to qualifications for entry, Let them in - resolve it later - do a little PR -

These members of our community are most likley not criminials and the percentage of Airstream folks trying bust your gates has gotta be small. Hello - is anyone there???
The problem here is that in the past, up to and including eariler this week, someone tries to "sneak" into the rally grounds. the Club pays a fee per trailer/MH per night for EVERY spot used. This cost is one part of how the calculation of the rally fee is determined. The "sneak in for free because we will blend in" ploy has been tried at every major rally I have been to in the last 5 years. That ruins it for EVERYONE.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #23
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Short stop

This is the end of the official caravan and the start of another non-club trip for a few of us.

We checked the price to come in for a day or two and were told we could pay the day rate a year ago. That is the problem...changing the rules midstream. We planned accordingly. No whining. You are assuming that we want to attend all day, everyday and that is just not the case. We had plans for attending this evening and tomorrow.

Can anyone help us with this?

We have tried the Region Officer route and have had some review at the International level. We are VERY active and committed members of this club, who put lots of time and effort in and just want a little help here.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW
There is a reason I do not have red numbers on my new Airstream....we have just read about it. The MoHo issue/vote will make up my mind for sure.

The difference between the Cub Scouts and the WBCCI is...the scouts have adult leadership!!

Way to go Scott, us to, just peeled of all the old red numbers off the back of our trailer for the polish work, after reading all of this, we for sure will not put any back on

This is a shame and disgrace makes me sooooo mad, you folks drove so far to attend and to get treated like that, I'm glad this hot headed southern girls not there.
Air# 9552
Old 06-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #25
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam

We checked the price to come in for a day or two and were told we could pay the day rate a year ago. That is the problem...changing the rules midstream. We planned accordingly. No whining. You are assuming that we want to attend all day, everyday and that is just not the case. We had plans for attending this evening and tomorrow.
I believe what has happened may be a breakdown in communications. When you asked for a "day pass" or "day rate" were you explicit in what you were wanting to do? Park for 2 days and leave. All Rallies have a day pass system, but I know each rally sets it's own policy in regard to short stays, or weekend rates. I do not know if this is something that can be resolved on site at this point. I will be happy to discuss it with registration tomorrow as I have an additional question for them anyhow. I make NO Promises, but I will plead your case if I can get a receptive ear. Please let me know if you want me to do this for you.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Disappointing at best!

But, I know that if any of you show up at the Moraine View Midwest Forums Rally next year in Illinois that you will not be turned away. There are good people and good times to be had in the midwest. I am hoping to attend with my '67 trailer next June and I bet you won't want to miss out on an informal rally where the emphasis is on good friends and good times, not on how much money the organization heirarchy can bring into a club. The solution may be more sites for forum type rallies nation wide and reduced membership/participation in WBCCI and their rallies. You know the old saying about throwing a party and nobody comes... That would get their attention real quick, I bet! Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #27
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Sorry, Bryan, but you are WAY out of line.

Consider the FACT that this was planned many, many months ago, approved, and sanctioned by the powers that be. They were TOLD to do this; You wanna talk about consistancy and depth????? good lord!!!

The BB publishes the contact information for multiple hotels in the vicinity of the international rally every year, for those who wish to attend, but don't want to camp AT the rally, for whatever reason. Do you mean to tell me that all these people also have to pay the full camping fee??? I don't think so.

I am IN the wbcci because I was able to just walk in to the international rally when it was in my neighborhood a few years ago, and take a look-see. I honestly wasn't attracted to much about it, but I did happen to serendipedously stumble upon some local folks, who enthusiastically welcomed us, and invited ("implored", really) us to attend their upcoming rally. we did, and we were hooked, and haven't missed many events since. The very idea that they aren't letting anyone in the gate, even for a small fee, is just so incredibly stupid, especially for a club that is floundering for new members, it boggles the mind.
But to do this to long time, loyal members of the club...people who took a dying unit and made it one of, if not THE fastest growing units in the club, people who did exactly as they were instructed by the organizers of the rally, is just unconscionable.

"Depth"...my hairy white Irish
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Old 06-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #28
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
I believe what has happened may be a breakdown in communications. When you asked for a "day pass" or "day rate" were you explicit in what you were wanting to do? Park for 2 days and leave. All Rallies have a day pass system, but I know each rally sets it's own policy in regard to short stays, or weekend rates. I do not know if this is something that can be resolved on site at this point. I will be happy to discuss it with registration tomorrow as I have an additional question for them anyhow. I make NO Promises, but I will plead your case if I can get a receptive ear. Please let me know if you want me to do this for you.
Hi, we were very explicit, in that we are parked at Twin Oaks RV park and camping there. We want to visit the rally, see opening cermonies, check out any displays, visit with friends and go home for dinner. We are not expecting any "services" like water, electric, parking for tt or motorhomes. We don't expect to take classes or attend entertainment. This is really so basic it is absurd.