Old 03-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It's possible that yes will pass even if the majority are against it by the no vote being divided by two categories of no name change and amend the name change against the straight yes vote. So if you are for the name change all is in place, but if for whatever reason you don't want AOAI, then a simple no vote willl unify those against the name of AOAI being the new club name to combat the yes vote.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
As I understand it, it is a fact that the name change is a done deal - the only question is what will they change it to.
I believe you are in error about that.

This was printed in my Metro -Detroit March newsletter by our president, Jim Mc Daniels.

"We will have lots to talk about at the Region 4 Rally in regard to the new Logo and name change. We will have to accept or reject the proposed name change at the International Rally in Salem, Oregon. There is already a lot of talk going around about it."

And this is a perfect point in fact of why we are still trying to inform and educate those laboring under the mistaken concensus.

photography
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #73
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
It's possible that yes will pass even if the majority are against it by the no vote being divided by two categories of no name change and amend the name change against the straight yes vote. So if you are for the name change all is in place, but if for whatever reason you don't want AOAI, then a simple no vote willl unify those against the name of AOAI being the new club name to combat the yes vote.
I think I understand now. Initially I was confused when I saw your avatars because I interpreted them as we still had a chance to vote "no" against the name change which is not the case. A "no" vote will only delay the inevitable name change, right?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #74

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
As I understand it, they have already passed the motion to change the name. The only question is what it will be changed to.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #75
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
I think I understand now. Initially I was confused when I saw your avatars because I interpreted them as we still had a chance to vote "no" against the name change which is not the case. A "no" vote will only delay the inevitable name change, right?
Whether the initial motion was to change it or to present this name it needs clarification with the motions record. But either way it cannot be changed unless or until a name is agreed upon. I suppose the better question is whether you try to retain the name or whether you give up assuming it is inevitable.

photography
Old 03-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
A "no" vote will only delay the inevitable name change, right?
Or perhaps the name change is not inevitable if they can't come up with a name the majority will agree to change to.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #77
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Minor correction - they only passed the addition of airstream to the name, not a complete name/identity change. This is a very important distinction.

BTW, it is very easy for anybody in any unit to put forth a proposal to null that motion.

But it certainly is not a "done deal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
As I understand it, they have already passed the motion to change the name. The only question is what it will be changed to.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #78

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
So are you going to put forward a motion to null the name change motion?

That would be part of 'the plan' I was asking you about.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #79
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
I appreciate how passionate you all are regarding the name of your club. What I don't understand is why you've chosen this forum to be the basis of your campaign when so few of the AirstreamForums members belong to the WBCCI. While I understand the necessity of getting the word out to those members who belong here as well, wouldn't your campaign be more effective if were carried directly to the membership of the WBCCI local units? I think that contacting each unit's officers, and subsequently the membership of each unit would be a more effective approach.

I'd guess that (and I'm probably being generous here) less than 20% of the total WBCCI membership have ever heard of AirstreamForums.com much less actively participate. As I suggested in an earlier post, if it's the volume of voting members you're looking to reach, this is probably not the place to reach them, regardless of how passionate you may feel about this, one way or the other.

Roger
Old 03-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
I'm in my first year as a member of the WBCCI and enjoying my unit and friends of other units that I have met over the past nine months. The name change is no big deal. In fact I support the name change
Old 03-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #81
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I guess you would have to ask Andy why he made a WBCCI forum, and why he offered space for a WBCCI unit web site. Members here do have the choice not to visit threads of no interest to them.

photography
Old 03-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Great! Maybe you could give us some insight on why you think the club and its membership would benefit from the name change. You say it's no big deal to you; do you think that the costs involved are worth whatever you feel would be gained from changing the name?

Thanks!
-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M
I'm in my first year as a member of the WBCCI and enjoying my unit and friends of other units that I have met over the past nine months. The name change is no big deal. In fact I support the name change
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #83
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I guess you would have to ask Andy why he made a WBCCI forum, and why he offered space for a WBCCI unit web site.
I believe that may have been a mod request.

An insite to this Forum. Andy has created an awesome vehicle in this forum. And he has created several others. As admin/mods we do have input as to what kind of layout works. And what kind of catagories are needed. It's in constant change put together by the team of volunteers. The WBCCI is a revelant topic to Airstream products. And anything revelant to Airstreams is included. We don't restrict any flow of ideas and experiences. This forum was creat to increase that flow of ideas and experiences. However the Forum it's self is neutral on any topic. (And it has zero influence on WBCCI, Thor Industries or Airstream. The opposite is also true.)

And there will be more improvements coming. Always.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 03-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #84
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
What I don't understand is why you've chosen this forum to be the basis of your campaign when so few of the AirstreamForums members belong to the WBCCI. While I understand the necessity of getting the word out to those members who belong here as well, wouldn't your campaign be more effective if were carried directly to the membership of the WBCCI local units? I think that contacting each unit's officers, and subsequently the membership of each unit would be a more effective approach.
Roger
Roger,

What I don't understand is why we shouldn't discuss it here? Just because you don't like the topic? Why do you object? Are you for or against the name change?

Why do you come back and read it if it offends you? There are many threads that I just bypass because I don't care. I suspect that those who are reading this thread (and we all know that there are many watching this) read because they are interested either in the topic or in the impassioned discussion.
What keeps you in???

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote