Old 06-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #29
Site Team

, Minnesota
I think one group that is happy to see this fail is the management and workers of Airstream.

Can you imagine hundreds of Airstream trailers being led by a small cadre of Four Winds motorhomes?

Not a great image to put on next years sales brochures.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #30
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
Maybe someone can clarify for me if Mr Danials ran from the floor.
He ran from the floor after being nominated by (IIRC) Paul Waddell.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #31

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE
Having listened to 95% of the meeting I am somewhat suprised with the overwelming vote against the motion that more deligates did not support the election of Pete Danials as 3rd VP. New blood was offered and pasted over.
It wasn't much of surprise to me since the nomination came from the floor. Unless there was communication in advance to the units regarding the proposed nomination, the units would have already locked in their votes at earlier unit meetings. Unless the processes change, nominees that come cold from the floor have little chance in being elected.

The one thing I was pleased in was the abstentions. I'm assuming that this meant that those were folks who are part of a unit that didn't vote. This is much better than units like Greater St. Louis where 12 votes at a May rally translated to 49 member votes in the yes column. Now what needs to be done is to get those absentions turned into votes.
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #32
Certifiable

. , .
Where were all the dreaded anticipated amendments?
Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
..... Now what needs to be done is to get those absentions turned into votes.
Along with the non attending units to be eligible to cast their votes too.
Same structure for local should be for Regional (delegate) level.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #34
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
He ran from the floor after being nominated by (IIRC) Paul Waddell.
Thanks Don.Maybe next year.It would be nice to have a choice and to know where the nominees stood on the important issues facing the club.It would also be great to hear what improvements each nominee had planned if elected.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #35
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Congrats folks. This was one that really needed to be flushed. I was shocked that the votes for were still so high. 39% or 2435 seems like a high number, but thank heaven that majority rules, so it's officially flushed.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:45 PM   #36
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I am concerned that our unit voted 100% to include the SOB's in the club. Somehow, I think that the instructions on voting were not clear. It doesn't matter to me, well it does, but the amendment did not pass. I am concerned that if the vote had been closer, misunderstood instructions could have swayed the vote, and have the amendment pass by accident.
I would question the delegate to find out how the came to vote 100% for the motion. It did not matter this time, but the delegate should be fully informed as to the wishes and desires of the unit.

I have started to draft a change to the constitution to allow the Regional President to act as the units delegate in the event a unit does not have any representation at the meeting. This would not be an issue except for the fact that the IBT sees the deligate voteas the best way to make changes. The club has another method that should be used which does not require attendance at the delegate meeting. I will be sending my amendment that direction.

The from the floor nomination is not going to work. The delegates have been told by their unit how to vote long before the meeting begins. These delegates are tied to the members votes and can not change the vote based on what happens on the floor. The only fair way to do it would be to have the BB list people who intend to run from the floor and to let that candidate explain his/her posision and why they are running. The system as it is today is flawed.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #37

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Congrats folks. This was one that really needed to be flushed. I was shocked that the votes for were still so high. 39% or 2435 seems like a high number, but thank heaven that majority rules, so it's officially flushed.
In this case Eric, majority wouldn't have cut it either. It would have taken 2/3rds to make this matter fly.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Richard - would love to see what you are proposing?

IMHO nominations from the floor in any organization - is not the best approach. In most cases it is like throwing a member to the lions and a hasty attempt to make change - change will never be a fast process and so it should not be either!
Old 06-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #39
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
I would question the delegate to find out how the came to vote 100% for the motion. It did not matter this time, but the delegate should be fully informed as to the wishes and desires of the unit.

I have started to draft a change to the constitution to allow the Regional President to act as the units delegate in the event a unit does not have any representation at the meeting. This would not be an issue except for the fact that the IBT sees the deligate voteas the best way to make changes. The club has another method that should be used which does not require attendance at the delegate meeting. I will be sending my amendment that direction.

The from the floor nomination is not going to work. The delegates have been told by their unit how to vote long before the meeting begins. These delegates are tied to the members votes and can not change the vote based on what happens on the floor. The only fair way to do it would be to have the BB list people who intend to run from the floor and to let that candidate explain his/her posision and why they are running. The system as it is today is flawed.
They had no idea what to do when Leo was nominated from the floor. You'll see a Constitutional amendment to address cumulative voting in the not too distant future. He let them, and the whole assemblage, off the hook when he and Joe Colao withdrew the nomination.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #40
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
It would be easier, (and it has been suggested before), that these members can simply go out and buy the biggest, baddest monster MoHo they can find...and pull a vintage bambi (or perhaps, a new base camp), benind it to all the rallies.

but seriously, folks. I think someone should immediately propose a "grandfathering" clause, that will allow these folks to stay on, without changing the "marquis" status of the airstreamer's club.
Chuck,

I don't agree with the grandfather clause. Sorry, but it just opens a can of worms, serves a select few, and opens the door for the next group of people who might be faced with having to leave the club to expect similar privileges.

When Jeff sold his Triumph we no longer could participate in the British Car Club. The same when he sold his Porsche. That was simply understood. These present MoHo members, us included, do have choices that allow them to remain in the club and as the vast majority of membership is making it clear that allowing SOB's in isn't one of their choices. I say we leave it there.

Kristine
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Along with the non attending units to be eligible to cast their votes too.
Same structure for local should be for Regional (delegate) level.

Perhaps a mechanism could be developed to ensure all unit members have their vote counted. I'm still perplexed as to how the delegate from my former unit was able to cast my vote as a yes, when I was never notified of the intent to vote, afforded the opportunity to vote, or comment on the proposed amendment change. While I was listening to and recording the votes at the delegates meeting today, I noted that some other units voted unanimously for the amendment change, and wondered if it really was an accurate representation of their unit. In fact, my neighbor at the rally told me the exact same thing occured in his unit. They voted on the issue without notifying the majority of the unit membership. At any rate, today's vote proved the "vocal minority" was actually the majority.

I hope this makes sense. I started happy hour early today.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #42
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Perhaps a mechanism could be developed to ensure all unit members have their vote counted. I'm still perplexed as to how the delegate from my former unit was able to cast my vote as a yes, when I was never notified of the intent to vote, afforded the opportunity to vote, or comment on the proposed amendment change. While I was listening to and recording the votes at the delegates meeting today, I noted that some other units voted unanimously for the amendment change, and wondered if it really was an accurate representation of their unit. In fact, my neighbor at the rally told me the exact same thing occured in his unit. They voted on the issue without notifying the majority of the unit membership. At any rate, today's vote proved the "vocal minority" was actually the majority.

I hope this makes sense. I started happy hour early today.
Does your unit use "block" voting?