Old 05-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
There is one thing I would just like to point out. In your former unit, the unit does cover upfront security deposits.
Thanks for the correction, Yukionna. Regarding security deposits, that information came from members of the unit who had asked that people get their reservations in early because they had used their own chargecards to secure the campground. Regardless, my point was that sometimes (as in my case), the hosts, not the WBCCI, do pay for expenses like food, supplies, and activity costs upfront, before the rally so it is sometimes an individual who is put "on the financial hook" for rally costs.

It wasn't my intention to single out any one unit's policy or to offend anyone, only to relate my own experience in hosting a rally and activities for the unit and point out that this is one thing in WBCCI that I would say needs improvement.

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #58
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I received my copy of "The Peach State Caravaner" and per the President's message, the Georgia unit voted 37 no votes, 7 votes for, and 1 abstention. Historically, the Georgia unit votes the entire block of votes according to the majority.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Per my calculations, that will be 255 votes for the good guys in Perry. I wonder what the leadership is thinking they can do about saving their face as these votes keep coming in. I wonder if the Georgia unit locked their no votes in or whether they will be subject to negociation during the meeting? leadership already says they have at least two compromises that will be tried.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Hey, what's the deal with the four ladies in the audience wearing matching jackets? Are they Square Dancers?
The four ladies in the audience dressed in the same jackets are seated according to rank of their spouses in the IBT, starting on the left at the aisle seat is first lady Mrs. Ann Shafer, wife of International President Don Shafer.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
The Nevada unit is a NO vote. Of the ballots received by our unit president as of Saturday May 5, 2007 he only had 1 yes and the remainder NO. Unknown by me of the total count. We have a boat load of affiliate members who need to vote with their parent unit. The delegate is locked in for a No on the issue period.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #62
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Don't make me stop this forum!

C'mon, guys, we've had to delete a couple of posts in this thread that are going over the edge. I don't want to have to close the thread, y'all need a place to discuss this. Just take a deep breath, hold it for a second, think about how it will look to other people, not just now, but in a couple of years when all this is history, one way or another.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #63
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
I was unable to attend our Greater Ozarks Unit (Region 8) rally when the motor home issue was voted on, but found out today that there was only one yes vote.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
No names, no numbers, but a unit in Region 6 voted unanimously ( - 2 spelling?)...NO!
and further voted NO to any amendments proffered later that included anything not manufactured by Airstream in Jackson.

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
FAYETTEVILLE , Arkansas
My first initial take on this whole discussion was that it is silly. But, that is from an outsiders point of view. Some people want change some people don't. A democratic vote is a perfect fit. I hope it all turns out for the best. Tradition is a good thing. And sometimes change is inevitable, but values should stay the same.
God Bless America and the fighting troops
Old 05-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
660verlander: Sorry we missed you at the shakedown. I read Lorrie's letter and she did a good job. We will drop out also if the amendment passes. We belong to the FMCA also and they don't seem to have all the pomp and circumstance WBCCI has. We love the Metro-Detroit unit and will always count everyone as friends,but we will not spend money on officers that won't listen to the majority.(IBT)
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
660verlander: Sorry we missed you at the shakedown. I read Lorrie's letter and she did a good job. We will drop out also if the amendment passes. We belong to the FMCA also and they don't seem to have all the pomp and circumstance WBCCI has. We love the Metro-Detroit unit and will always count everyone as friends,but we will not spend money on officers that won't listen to the majority.(IBT)
Buck,
Lorrie and I missed Garce and you, too. Unfortunately, I doubt we're going to make the Christmas in July Rally. If M-D hasn't closed voting by then, it'll be up to you and whoever attends to make sure that any discussion of the MH amendment is not just the one sided "party line". Actually, I'll be very surprised in the M-D vote isn't overwhelmingly against the motion regardless of what might be said at that rally.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #68
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW
No names, no numbers, but a unit in Region 6 voted unanimously ( - 2 spelling?)...NO!
and further voted NO to any amendments proffered later that included anything not manufactured by Airstream in Jackson.
I hope there was more than one Region 6 Unit voting that way, but I'm glad to report the TN Unit will cast ~50 votes against as well as against any amendments to the MOHO motion.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
In the NEU, the majority was against the MH issue (there was one vote for the MH issue; 28 votes were against it).

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
The four ladies in the audience dressed in the same jackets are seated according to rank of their spouses in the IBT, starting on the left at the aisle seat is first lady Mrs. Ann Shafer, wife of International President Don Shafer.
It was not uncommon in the 70's and 80's for military officer's wives to organizes themselves based on their husband's rank. I was in SAC at the time and have never forgotten it.