Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
The Nevada unit is a NO vote. Of the ballots received by our unit president as of Saturday May 5, 2007 he only had 1 yes and the remainder NO. Unknown by me of the total count. We have a boat load of affiliate members who need to vote with their parent unit. The delegate is locked in for a No on the issue period.
Charlie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #62
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Don't make me stop this forum!

C'mon, guys, we've had to delete a couple of posts in this thread that are going over the edge. I don't want to have to close the thread, y'all need a place to discuss this. Just take a deep breath, hold it for a second, think about how it will look to other people, not just now, but in a couple of years when all this is history, one way or another.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #63
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
I was unable to attend our Greater Ozarks Unit (Region 8) rally when the motor home issue was voted on, but found out today that there was only one yes vote.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
No names, no numbers, but a unit in Region 6 voted unanimously ( - 2 spelling?)...NO!
and further voted NO to any amendments proffered later that included anything not manufactured by Airstream in Jackson.

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
FAYETTEVILLE , Arkansas
My first initial take on this whole discussion was that it is silly. But, that is from an outsiders point of view. Some people want change some people don't. A democratic vote is a perfect fit. I hope it all turns out for the best. Tradition is a good thing. And sometimes change is inevitable, but values should stay the same.
God Bless America and the fighting troops
gyandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
660verlander: Sorry we missed you at the shakedown. I read Lorrie's letter and she did a good job. We will drop out also if the amendment passes. We belong to the FMCA also and they don't seem to have all the pomp and circumstance WBCCI has. We love the Metro-Detroit unit and will always count everyone as friends,but we will not spend money on officers that won't listen to the majority.(IBT)
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
660verlander: Sorry we missed you at the shakedown. I read Lorrie's letter and she did a good job. We will drop out also if the amendment passes. We belong to the FMCA also and they don't seem to have all the pomp and circumstance WBCCI has. We love the Metro-Detroit unit and will always count everyone as friends,but we will not spend money on officers that won't listen to the majority.(IBT)
Buck,
Lorrie and I missed Garce and you, too. Unfortunately, I doubt we're going to make the Christmas in July Rally. If M-D hasn't closed voting by then, it'll be up to you and whoever attends to make sure that any discussion of the MH amendment is not just the one sided "party line". Actually, I'll be very surprised in the M-D vote isn't overwhelmingly against the motion regardless of what might be said at that rally.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #68
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW
No names, no numbers, but a unit in Region 6 voted unanimously ( - 2 spelling?)...NO!
and further voted NO to any amendments proffered later that included anything not manufactured by Airstream in Jackson.
I hope there was more than one Region 6 Unit voting that way, but I'm glad to report the TN Unit will cast ~50 votes against as well as against any amendments to the MOHO motion.
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:03 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
In the NEU, the majority was against the MH issue (there was one vote for the MH issue; 28 votes were against it).

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
The four ladies in the audience dressed in the same jackets are seated according to rank of their spouses in the IBT, starting on the left at the aisle seat is first lady Mrs. Ann Shafer, wife of International President Don Shafer.
It was not uncommon in the 70's and 80's for military officer's wives to organizes themselves based on their husband's rank. I was in SAC at the time and have never forgotten it.
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #71
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
The Heart of Texas Camping Unit will cast 20 votes against as well as against any amendments to the MOHO motion.

Michael

- Give karma - Report post
[IMG]../../ugala/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif[/IMG]
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #72
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Texas Highland Lakes Unit will cast 58 against, 3 for the amendment. We also unanimously blocked our rep from voting yes on any amendment that comes up to the original proposal.

Past International Prez, Jim Haddaway, is in our unit. At the last rally, he commented that "The amendment is going down and going down hard." Sadly, Jim wrecked his 34 slideout on the way home from that rally when he hit mud that had washed across the road. Fortunately, the trailer and truck are repairable.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
How does Jim feel about the amendment? Was he for it?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #74
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
How does Jim feel about the amendment? Was he for it?
Jim Haddaway is solidly against the amendment. He will say so when asked, but to his credit, he didn't try to push the unit vote either way. Jim helped me word my motion to tie our rep's hands to vote no on all amendments to the original motion.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
IBT Response

In post #55, I mentioned that I had sent letters to the nominees for the IP, 1VP, 2VP, 3VP and nominating committee. The letter to the IP and VPs is as follows: "I have received the April Blue Beret and it includes your resume. What is your vision for WBCCI? How do you intend to use your office, if you are elected, to stop the decline in membership and to increase the membership in WBCCI? What areas of WBCCI do you believe need to change and what areas should be left alone? What do you think the greatest challenges are to the future success of WBCCI?

I look forward to your responses in order to determine how to vote at the election for the International Officers."

My letter to the nominating committee is as follows: "I have received the April Blue Beret and it includes your resume for the Nominating Committee. How does the Nominating Committee perform its work? What qualities does the committee look for in selecting a candidate for office?

I look forward to your responses in order to determine how to vote at the election for the International Officers."

To date, I have received a reply from Mr. Norm Beu, candidate for 3VP, and Mr. Tom Collier, candidate for 2VP. Mr. Beu apologized for the delay in his reply as it took the post office 9 days to deliver the letter from So Cal to Ohio, Mr. Tom Collier has been traveling since April and mail just caught up to him.

I have not posted their replies, since I do not have their approval, which I requested, but I wanted to state that I have received a reply from some.

Interestingly, neither mentioned the current motorhome motion as a way to increase membership or stop the decline in membership.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #76
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Bill,
Did any of the replies mention new units as a way to increase membership?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Bill,
Did any of the replies mention new units as a way to increase membership?
Richard,

Yes, one of them did and I mentioned your new unit's birth pains.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:52 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Votes FOR!!! the MoHo ammendment

Hello all -

Sorry if this is a Dupe posting, time frames for me are VERY compressed - precluding my reading all the postings to this ( and other threads), but here goes...

Just got the Region 11 newsletter via email - very advanced don't you think?

According to the posting to the membership, there will be "Block voting" by the representative.... and the MoHo ammendment was APPROVED.

not sure of the voting #'s, nor do I know of how 'changes' to ammendment/s from the floor will be handled....

but did feel that getting this info being "out" would help to other with more time & understanding & opportunity to affect positive change, understand the 'terrain' that will be present when this thing hits the floor...

if there is more info forthcoming, I will be sure to post here about it....

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help this thing go DOWN IN FLAMES!!!!!, be sure to inform me....

one thing I AM GOOD AT, it is 'stirrin' the pot'.... and THIS pot needs stirrin'....

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:06 AM   #79
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Hello all - ... Just got the Region 11 newsletter via email - very advanced don't you think? According to the posting to the membership, there will be "Block voting" by the representative.... and the MoHo ammendment was APPROVED. Not sure of the voting #'s, nor do I know of how 'changes' to ammendment/s from the floor will be handled .... Axel - SilverToy
Hi Axel:

The Region itself does not vote, so the results must be for a Unit within the Region. Their latest Newsletter is not yet posted to the Region 11 website, so I can't learn anything from there. So could you please read your newsletter again and tell us which Unit within Region 11 voted for the MoHo Amendment? Thanks,
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #80
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Our now former unit, the Greater St. Louis unit, voted FOR the amendment. Although advance votes were requested from those who couldn't attend the meeting, held at a weekend rally, those votes were not counted (apparently the unit by-laws do not allow absentee voting), and the members present at the meeting comprised the unit vote. Only one present at the meeting voted against the amendment.