Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #61

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Vision & Mission Statement

VISION: Work collaboratively with leadership to ensure the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) is relevant, vibrant, adaptive and growing for current and future generations of Airstream owners.

There have been substantial recent improvements beginning with the hiring of Lori Plummer as Corporate Manager in Jackson Center, OH. The Electronic Communication Committee (ECC) brought the implementation and distribution of a digital directory and this year, 2016, will be the largest International Rally in several years.

MISSION: The WBCCI, the Airstream Club International, is an underutilized brand with growth potential similar to that of Airstream, Inc. However, only 1:10 of new Airstream owners join the Club. Together, we should focus our efforts on solutions to:

o Blend our heritage with the demographics of the new Airstream owner;
o Change the perception of 60% of new owners that the WBCCI is dated and not accepting of owners who are younger, still working and with families*;
o Reinvent a multi-platform social media presence under the direction of a dedicated member of the Membership Standing Committee, without compromising traditional methods of communication;
o Tap into the skill sets of all members and encourage participation;
o Recognize that the majority of new Airstream owners work*, but can also contribute to the future of the Club;
o Develop and communicate ways to engage youth of all ages;
o Encourage new unit formation in key metro centers;
*Data from Airstream, Inc. 2014 & 2015 New Owner Survey responses.

Through our actions, we can demonstrate the relevance and value of membership in the Airstream Club International to new and existing Airstream owners – ensuring its longevity for the next 60+ years of Fun, Friendship and Adventure. I look forward to the opportunity to serve. Mona Heath, #3339
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
Mona- You are a breath of fresh air & the club needs you to survive! Thank you for making this a priority in your life!
Victoria
2Tex4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #63

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tex4Fun View Post
Mona- You are a breath of fresh air & the club needs you to survive! Thank you for making this a priority in your life!
Victoria
Thank you 2Tex4Fun - the amount of support, encouragement and sincere interest in the Club on this thread is inspiring!

BTW - we have a '69 Tradewind renovation, would love to see pics of your '70 Tradewind!
Mona
Old 01-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
OK most important: Dutch oven chilli and Bud light or Amish country pepperjack cheese and a sweet white wine?

(trick question, both are good)
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #65

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
OK most important: Dutch oven chilli and Bud light or Amish country pepperjack cheese and a sweet white wine?

(trick question, both are good)
Yes
Old 01-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , CA
Send a message via ICQ to SilverPal2
Run Mona Run
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-LLC.com
SilverPal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #67
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
VISION: Work collaboratively with leadership to ensure the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) is relevant, vibrant, adaptive and growing for current and future generations of Airstream owners.

There have been substantial recent improvements beginning with the hiring of Lori Plummer as Corporate Manager in Jackson Center, OH. The Electronic Communication Committee (ECC) brought the implementation and distribution of a digital directory and this year, 2016, will be the largest International Rally in several years.

MISSION: The WBCCI, the Airstream Club International, is an underutilized brand with growth potential similar to that of Airstream, Inc. However, only 1:10 of new Airstream owners join the Club. Together, we should focus our efforts on solutions to:

o Blend our heritage with the demographics of the new Airstream owner;
o Change the perception of 60% of new owners that the WBCCI is dated and not accepting of owners who are younger, still working and with families*;
o Reinvent a multi-platform social media presence under the direction of a dedicated member of the Membership Standing Committee, without compromising traditional methods of communication;
o Tap into the skill sets of all members and encourage participation;
o Recognize that the majority of new Airstream owners work*, but can also contribute to the future of the Club;
o Develop and communicate ways to engage youth of all ages;
o Encourage new unit formation in key metro centers;
*Data from Airstream, Inc. 2014 & 2015 New Owner Survey responses.

Through our actions, we can demonstrate the relevance and value of membership in the Airstream Club International to new and existing Airstream owners – ensuring its longevity for the next 60+ years of Fun, Friendship and Adventure. I look forward to the opportunity to serve. Mona Heath, #3339
Well done this is a great roadmap to success for the club and you as our International President
Old 01-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #68

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Thanks SilverPal2! Doing all of the prep work to share my Letter of Intent, Resume and Vision/Mission Statement with Region and Unit leadership....and AirForums members....Feb 2nd. Stay tuned!!
Mona
Old 01-31-2016, 03:36 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
For those of you who support a candidate for 3rd VP (the only contested position I know about)

We are rapidly approaching the timeframe when the individual units will hold their meetings providing direction to the unit President (or other delegate) who will vote at the International Rally for the International Officers. The direction given tends to go in two methodologies. First, the candidate (or issue) receiving the majority then directs the President (or representative) to vote all of the units votes for or against. Option two is for the unit to send the President with a split vote reflecting the voting percentage within the unit.

It is very important that the membership be heard at the international level. Find out if your unit President is going to the International Rally. As an alternative a representative may be someone else who is going and can then represent the will of your unit as your Unit Delegate.

When I was at Farmington last year, I noticed a larger number of units than I expected were unrepresented at the Delegates Meeting. As a result those units didn't have any say in any of the issues before the Delegates. This includes the election of International Officers.

From my earlier post, you know that I am a strong believer in Mona and what she has brought to our organization! One need only look back through the many WBCCI threads on this forum and the issues which have been raised within those threads to see the contribution Mona would make with a successful 3rd VP candidacy. Many people have lamented the slow nature of change within an organization of our size and age. Many other people counseled patience and spoke of vibrant leaders matriculating up through the organization. Mona is one of those leaders. You are seeing a distinct increase in the momentum of the desired change as a result.

Speaking to those who support Mona, I strongly encourage you to advocate for her at your unit meetings when providing direction to your Presidents (or meeting delegate). Beyond that, stress to your unit leadership how important it is for your units votes to be counted at the International Rally. The only way that happens is for your unit to send a delegate. It is usually your President, but if not it can be someone else who is designated by your President. (Your President will get a large package of forms and stuff prior to the International Rally. A Delegate form is part of that packet)

Remember, Change happens only through participation. All organizations are strengthened through member participation.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:49 PM   #70
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Well said ,Craig.

Friends....stand up and be counted.

Go Mona.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:29 AM   #71
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , CA
We need to develop a leadership pipeline that inspires participation at all levels and reengages membership to create an atmosphere of fun and freindship. Mona is the perfect candidate and she has my full support

Jim Polk Region 12 1st VP
Old 02-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #72

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal2 View Post
We need to develop a leadership pipeline that inspires participation at all levels and reengages membership to create an atmosphere of fun and freindship. Mona is the perfect candidate and she has my full support

Jim Polk Region 12 1st VP
Thank you Jim! Now is the time to begin thinking about leadership candidacy possibilities for 2017 and beyond.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #73

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Letter of Introduction - Mona Heath, Nominee for International Third Vice President

Phew!!! Spent the weekend addressing 130+ emails to WBCCI leadership, one for each Region and Unit leadership team; the International Board of Trustees, Standing Committee Chairs and the VAC. Have already received enthusiastic response and support from many!!

(Attachments include Vision/Mission statement previously posted on this thread and WBCCI Resume, attached)

As a nominee for the office of International 3rd Vice President, I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself while sharing specific strengths, accomplishments and my sincere commitment to a Club that is relevant to all.

As a leader of the WBCCI, I will work to ensure that it remains vibrant, adaptive and growing. In choosing to seek this, and subsequent leadership roles on the Executive Committee, it is my intent to empower the membership to select the candidate they feel would best position the longest-rolling, single-branded RV club in the world for the next generation. I believe I am well qualified for this role and look forward to the work ahead.

* Founding member of Moving WBCCI Forward – a grass roots effort by like-minded WBCCI members to bring about improvements that move our Club forward https://www.facebook.com/movingWBCCIforward/timeline;
* Desire to be part of a leadership team that stewards this brand forward for future generations;
* Passionate about our membership, having established a comprehensive membership growth strategy and led membership presentations at Sedalia, Huron, Gillette and Farmington International Rallies;
* Understand the power of marketing, social media savvy and firmly believe a vibrant, engaging on-line presence is essential to Attract, Engage and Retain new Airstream owners;
* Successfully advocated for International Social Media role. Created motion which was passed during the 2016 Mid-Winter IBT to create position and define qualification criteria within Membership Standing Committee;
* Introduced a new face of the WBCCI by creating a set of four compelling Membership Postcards while saving the Club thousands of dollars a year by eliminating the previous packets;
* Instrumental in the growth of the Oregon Unit – working with several generations of Oregon leadership. Assisted in the creation of a group renowned for their passion for the adventurous Airstream lifestyle;
* Supportive of the development of new Units within the WBCCI. Consultant in the development of Greater Los Angeles Airstream Club;
* Earned the respect of Airstream, Inc. leadership by developing a mutually respectful relationship. Led a collaborative membership discussion with Justin Humphreys at the 2015 Farmington International Rally.

It is vital for the Club to align with Airstream, Inc. to maximize the power of the Airstream brand, which in turn will align our actions with the lifestyle of the new Airstream owner while remaining relevant to existing members. I am confident that my relationship with the executive team at Airstream, Inc., combined with our team in Jackson Center, will serve to strengthen our Club’s relationship.

As a passionate believer that our membership - past, present and future - is the core of the WBCCI, we owe it to our founding members, to those who have volunteered and given of their time and dedication over the past six decades, and to future generations of Airstream owners to keep the club relevant, vibrant, adaptive and growing. An International leadership team representative of the membership, now and in the future, is imperative for the longevity of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International.

I would like to count on your voice and your vote during the 2016 International Rally Delegates Meeting and encourage you and your Unit members to join the conversation on my Run Mona Run Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RunMonaRun/ and Airforums thread http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...nt-145521.html. I’m also available at 971-804-0885 or at monaheath@icloud.com.

Mona

Mona J Heath, WBCCI #3339
Nominee for International Third Vice President

Tags
wbcci leadership