Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #41

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Monah, are you up to answering questions publicly here? If not, I understand!
Absolutely!!!
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
We met Monah/you at 2014 Modernism Week.

We were very impressed with your genuine warm inviting attitude. It was a well organized event that kept her/you quite busy but we struck up several conversations over the weekend.

Good luck with endeavor.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
OK! Well lets start with an easy one (not!).

For the past few decades, the leadership of the WBCCI has spent significant effort to organize the International Rally. Although things are looking “up” this year for Lewisburg as I predicted, the benefactors of this huge effort is a relatively small percentage of our club.

I believe that if an equal effort was made to increasing membership value for everyone, the WBCCI would enjoy stronger growth.

I sure would like to see more benefits for working age people like me developed and published instead of the same old “come to international” in every issue of the Blue Beret.

What can you do to make answering the “It’s not worth it, I can do everything anyways without paying $60+….” response from younger perspective WBCCI members easier?
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #44

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
OK! Well lets start with an easy one (not!).

For the past few decades, the leadership of the WBCCI has spent significant effort to organize the International Rally. Although things are looking “up” this year for Lewisburg as I predicted, the benefactors of this huge effort is a relatively small percentage of our club.

I believe that if an equal effort was made to increasing membership value for everyone, the WBCCI would enjoy stronger growth.

I sure would like to see more benefits for working age people like me developed and published instead of the same old “come to international” in every issue of the Blue Beret.

What can you do to make answering the “It’s not worth it, I can do everything anyways without paying $60+….” response from younger perspective WBCCI members easier?
Great questions - let's do this!!!

There have been some pretty substantive improvements over the last few years beginning when Joe P. hired Lori Plummer as Corporate Manager. Jim S. has pulled together what looks to be the largest IR in several years and Richard G. has helped facilitate the creation and distribution of a digital directory by the Electronics Communication Committee.

Many of the motions passed at the mid-winter IBT included references to social media, analytics and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools which will enable us to better connect with the new Airstream owner, without losing existing communication tools for our members. I'm particularly pleased to see the addition of a dedicated Social Media position under the Membership Standing Committee.

We had some great discussions during the Region Officers meeting prior to the IBT meetings - one in particular which dealt with IR planning, execution and time commitment by the International President and the leadership team. With no disrespect to my predecessors, planning a rally will not be my greatest contribution to the club. Having been employed by large retail and wholesale companies in the Pacific Northwest, I've been able to work closely with event planning teams who, with clear direction and consistent touch-bases, exceeded the expectations for the event. As President, I would look to plan the IR similarly and very much look forward to sitting down and visiting with members during the rally - relying on the event planner to resolve opportunities.

When it comes to membership, you're talking to the person who has created a comprehensive membership growth strategy; conducted membership seminars at the last four International Rallies - the most recent of which was a membership Q&A with Justin H. from Airstream, and who designed and brought to life a new face of the Airstream Club International with a set of four compelling postcards.

On average, 1:10 of new Airstream owners joins the club - many of whom still work while 68% of our members are retired. Diversity of age, thought and lifestyle are the basis of any successful organization - I someday would like to join the ranks of the 68% but in the meantime we must find ways to welcome Airstream owners who work, who have children and who can participate in extended rallies and/or caravans - they're the ones who will take this club into the next 60+ years. With the knowledge and experience of our membership - I'm confident it can be done.

We joined the WBCCI not knowing what the value was - we have stayed in the Club because of the friendships made throughout the country, the same friendships that brought members of the Oregon Unit from across the state every weekend for a month to help polish our '69 Tradewind; that offer courtesy parking for three fellow Airstreamers at a beautiful home in Utah and that have changed my life immeasurably.

Keep the questions coming.

Mona
Old 01-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #45

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
We met Monah/you at 2014 Modernism Week.

We were very impressed with your genuine warm inviting attitude. It was a well organized event that kept her/you quite busy but we struck up several conversations over the weekend.

Good luck with endeavor.
I remember meeting you! Love producing that event and think this years curated collection might just be the best.

Hope you can drop by - it may very well be my last if elected to International office!!!
M
Old 01-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Monah comments only not needing a response.

There are maybe three current threads about WBCCI membership. Those threads and older ones give a good insight into forum members thoughts about the value and why or why not join WBCCI.

Additionally not all who post here do multiple sources of social media. There was a recent Christmas gathering were the attendees communicated on Instagram and another form I was not yet familiar with.

I think that all those tools are important and like information about WBCCI on all of them can keep multiple generations. That however takes a lot of time and sounds like a full time job.

Hittenstiehl
Old 01-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Monah,

Question:
Do you an opinion/position on the previously divisive matter of Thor motorcoaches joining WBCCI.

(Someone correct me if I used the wrong verbiage)

Hittenstiehl
Old 01-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Benefits for Working Members

My wife and I both work. We have found tremendous benefit from Unit Rallies, Unit Caravans, Region Rallies, and International Rallies. We have met folks from all over the US and Canada and really enjoy traveling with them, learning about their experiences, and seeing new places.

Could the club increase benefits for working members? Perhaps more short caravans, but most of those occur at the Unit level. Perhaps also more Special Event Rallies. I know there are folks working on that very subject.

Hope this helps.

As for Monah running for 3rd VP, she is well qualified and has had an active role in much of the positive change in the last few years.

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #49

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Monah,

Question:
Do you an opinion/position on the previously divisive matter of Thor motorcoaches joining WBCCI.

(Someone correct me if I used the wrong verbiage)
I believe in the longest-rolling, single-branded RV club in the world and am saddened by the personal impact.
M
Old 01-18-2016, 06:57 PM   #50
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I was a working stiff myself until last year, and of the few rallies I could attend, I usually had to arrive late and/or leave early. I missed all of the best parts that everyone else talked about later.

So this year as Unit President I made a point of scheduling rallies that run from Friday through Monday. And I'm making a point of arriving a day early and leaving a day late on top of that. Folks who can take off work on Friday but not Monday can arrive as early as Thursday afternoon and find someone else already there to hang with. Folks who can take off Monday but not Friday can arrive on Saturday and have a couple of days left to enjoy themselves, and still won't be the last ones to pack up and go home.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #51

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I was a working stiff myself until last year, and of the few rallies I could attend, I usually had to arrive late and/or leave early. I missed all of the best parts that everyone else talked about later.

So this year as Unit President I made a point of scheduling rallies that run from Friday through Monday. And I'm making a point of arriving a day early and leaving a day late on top of that. Folks who can take off work on Friday but not Monday can arrive as early as Thursday afternoon and find someone else already there to hang with. Folks who can take off Monday but not Friday can arrive on Saturday and have a couple of days left to enjoy themselves, and still won't be the last ones to pack up and go home.
That's fantastic @Protagonist - I've been to many rallies where attendees arrive after happy hour/meals on Friday and are greeted by members with a plate of food and an offer to help them park. Flexibility is key.
M
Old 01-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #52

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:

That's fantastic @Protagonist - I've been to many rallies where attendees arrive after happy hour/meals on Friday and are greeted by members with a plate of food and an offer to help them park. Flexibility is key.
M
Old 01-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #53

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Dang! I'm not a fan of the political structure of the WBCCI - but you absolutely would make a difference! Can regular shlubs like me just vote outright? 😃

Good luck!!
Just noticed you have a hound dog? Black & tan?? We just lost our 15+ year old Treeing Walker last year Loved her.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Thanks Monah for the great answer. I sure wish we could get Pat on here for a debate. It would be so much more entertaining than Bernie and whats her name.

www.campnova.com

Old 01-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Mid-winter IBT: Candidate for 3rd Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
Just noticed you have a hound dog? Black & tan?? We just lost our 15+ year old Treeing Walker last year Loved her.

Oh - so sorry you lost your hound. They are so amazing in the way they love unconditionally and sneak in to your heart forever.

Yes - we adopted Daisy and were told she's a bloodhound. We had one that was almost twice her size so I wonder if she's a mix with something but she's definitely bloodhound and all love 😃

This was her saying goodbye to everyone at an NEU rally last year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1453176202.471591.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	255952
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
OK, just to keep the fun rolling along on this freezing day......

In the recent past, it appears that Airstream Inc. has distanced themselves from the WBCCI.

You mention cooperation with Justin Humphrey in your prior response. How would you reengage Airstream to provide improved support and promotional growth for the WBCCI?

www.campnova.com

Old 01-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #57

2012 Interstate Coach
Mona—

I've met you. I haven't met your competition, though many of the old-timers in my Unit have. What in particular sets the two of you apart, that makes you the better candidate? In other words, when it comes to a vote at the Unit level, what ammunition can I use to convince them to vote for you instead of him?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #58

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
OK, just to keep the fun rolling along on this freezing day......

In the recent past, it appears that Airstream Inc. has distanced themselves from the WBCCI.

You mention cooperation with Justin Humphrey in your prior response. How would you reengage Airstream to provide improved support and promotional growth for the WBCCI?
A little background - I'm a member of the Oregon Unit and helped facilitate what is now a mutually-beneficial relationship with what was then the new Airstream dealer in town. Under subsequent Unit leadership that relationship has continued to thrive under the quite simple premise that they help the dealer sell Airstreams by living and loving the Airstream lifestyle, and in turn the dealer refers new owners to the Oregon Unit. It's a very easy-going, diverse and welcoming group, two of whom own Around the World (ATW) Caravan trailers and one whose parents were on the ATW and Capetown to Cairo Caravans. They have successfully found the way to blend the rich heritage of our Club with the interests of the members.

Should we as a Club achieve that balance between heritage and today's lifestyle; respect for tradition with less formality; think and plan events that are out-of-the-box without leaving behind our long-time members and cultivate the next generation of club members by focusing on engaging the children & grandchildren who attend our events I believe that will enhance our relationship.

Bring 'em on - loving this interaction.
M
Old 01-19-2016, 05:54 PM   #59

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Mona—

I've met you. I haven't met your competition, though many of the old-timers in my Unit have. What in particular sets the two of you apart, that makes you the better candidate? In other words, when it comes to a vote at the Unit level, what ammunition can I use to convince them to vote for you instead of him?
Thank you for the question and your advocacy - that means alot to me.

My goal is to be the BEST candidate and offer the following to support that position:

As a member of the WBCCI, the Airstream Club InternationaI, would like to share specific strengths, accomplishments and my sincere commitment to a Club that is relevant to all past, current and future membership.

As a candidate for International 3rd VP, have the full support of my husband and the CEO of my employer in all aspects of my service to the WBCCI.

As a leader of the WBCCI, will ensure that it remains relevant, vibrant, adaptive & growing and I:

a) believe in the Club - and would like to be part of a team that stewards this brand into the next 60+ years.

b) am passionate about our membership – establishing a comprehensive membership growth strategy and leading membership presentations at Sedalia, Huron, Gillette and Farmington International Rally.

c) understand the power of marketing – am social media savvy and firmly believe a vibrant, engaging on-line presence is essential to Attract, Engage and Retain new Airstream owners.

d) introduced a new face of the WBCCI – creating a set of four compelling and relevant Membership Postcards while saving the Club thousands of dollars a year by eliminating the previous packets.

e) was instrumental in the growth of the Oregon Unit – working with several generations of Oregon leadership helped in the creation of a group renowned for their passion for the Airstream Lifestyle.

f) am supportive of the development of new Units within the WBCCI – acting as consultant in the development of Greater Los Angeles Airstream Club.

g) have earned the respect of Airstream, Inc. leadership – delivering a collaborative membership discussion with Justin Humphreys during the Farmington International Rally.

h) am connected – with Airstream dealers, Airstream leadership and Airstream custom-design resources such as Hofmann Architecture

i) have managed cross-functional teams – embracing the contributions of all

j) am employed full-time – which continues to elevate my connectivity with evolving and emerging technology and younger generations

k) work – in an industry that puts me in touch with potential Airstream owners as well as current Airstream owners, some of whom belong to the Club

l) am immersed in the vintage trailer community – owners, vendors and custom-design resources.

Guess you could say I live, breathe and celebrate the Airstream lifestyle. Hope this helps with your conversations!

Mona
Old 01-19-2016, 06:29 PM   #60

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
Thank you for the question and your advocacy - that means alot to me.

My goal is to be the BEST candidate and offer the following to support that position:

<snipped>

Guess you could say I live, breathe and celebrate the Airstream lifestyle. Hope this helps with your conversations!

Mona
You know what impresses me most about your answer? The fact that even though I asked you what makes you the better candidate, you didn't say a single bad thing about your opponent. Running solely on your own merits and not your opponent's flaws makes you unique in my experience.

Tags
wbcci leadership