Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #61
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Mandalays are out of production. zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
Did I miss this or Airstream MoHo owners with diesel pushers can't play with these guys?
Would the rebadging of other Thor motorhomes make those "decal Airstreams" unqualified to play with the other unbadged motorhomes, or affectionately titled "pumpkin coaches" per the Dangerfield interview?

Pumpkin Coach
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #63
Rivet Master

I think I was censored on WBCCI

Hey Carol, I posted the RV BUSINESS article that I placed here, and I joined and placed it on the Club forum for information-sake and I can't find it now. Soooooo...unless clued in, it seems to be gone.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The post may have been moved to the back section for members only. There seems to be quite a bit of moving posts away from where visitors can read them for various reasons not apparently clear or defined. You might try a search on your own profile for all posts and find it if it has remained on site. I can no longer access the members only section since my extradition as one of the new WBCCI current non-members. Be sure and have your paperwork up to date as you may be stopped and checked at any time...
Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Hey Carol, I posted the RV BUSINESS article that I placed here, and I joined and placed it on the Club forum for information-sake and I can't find it now. Soooooo...unless clued in, it seems to be gone.
I looked up your profile and it lists you as zero posts. The only other one to access your profile is one of the moderators, so you can probably assume you too have been censored.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So Jim's post that wasn't objectionable was possibly objected to because someone thought someone else might at some time in the future say something they already know they would find objectionable. I'd object.

Anyone care to venture what makes WBCCI forum leadership so pseudo-sensitive about that article? Are there any discussions upon the members' forums of the upcoming new business at the Mid-Winter IBT, either the motorhome issue, the abolition of the grievance committee, or the unit numbered caravans or regional reductions? Short of having to engage ($$$) more volunteers and friends and family to conduct another study or survey perhaps the WBCCI leadership could frequent the forums and allow members to discuss club subjects openly, GOL what an oddball idea, eh? Information, facts, even subjects are all handpicked leadership approved! Leadership protecting leadership, your dues at work...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Nope, did a search and nothing shows.
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 08-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
WBCCI already pays "Constant Contact" $30 per month for their bulk e-mail service. "Constant Contact" offers a flat rate survey tool for an additional $10 per month. The leaders could conduct all the surveys they want for $120 per year. Fred could easily input the data into "Constant Contact" for them. It is up to them whether they want to hear from the members or make all the decisions themselves without consultation.

There have already been some comments on Airforums about retiring the most outspoken PIP's motorhome owners to the Thor Diesel club so they are fearful that thought could be repeated on "their" forum and be objected to by the leadership. With only 1/4 of the internet qualified WBCCI members willing to sign up for "their" forum, they may feel they are in a vulnerable position.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Thanks Dwight, I figured the RV Business Article I posted on the Club Forum was deleted bcause of the content. So,, with our dues money which pays for the wBCCI forum, we, the members can't inform others about what's being written ,about and for, the RV Industry is shameful. I waited a long time before registering on the WBCCI forum. Since the "heavy hand" has struck , I will NEVER go back to it.
Airforums continues to be the MAIN internet avenue for discussion of all things Airstream. ""May it live long and prosper."