Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #41
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I have a feeling someone from the VAC will have the technology to post the up-to-date information from Perry. If not from the VAC, then there are certainly a lot of folks from this forum that are techno-savy enough to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if Rich Luhr doesn't put info on his daily blog about it. This is such a monumental event in the history of the WBCCI that I can't imagine that somebody won't be giving us a blow-by-blow of what happens. I bet buttercup will have a transcript to post if no one else does.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #42
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
It doesn't have to rain in Perry for a Mud Fest! Just think of all that grey water dumping around all those Airstreams! YUK! Let's just hope the only mud is in the eyes of IBT when their little scheme does go down in flames. the WBCCI is the one and only Airstream Club and should remain so!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodfrey
The consensus seems to be that this thing is going down in flames. But, we're all taking a cautious approach and many, including myself, will be at the delegates' meeting to watch the action.

Randy
This may be the highlight of the rally. I plan to be there too. Wonder if they'll allow videotaping?
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Between my aircard and WiFi card, I should be able to give some updates... complete with pictures if possible.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
This may be the highlight of the rally. I plan to be there too. Wonder if they'll allow videotaping?
At the Mid Winter IBT meetings we were asked to turn off cell phones to prevent disturbances. However International President Don Shafer's phone went off a few times during proceedings after that any way. After the IBT got wind of the meeting uploads to the internet one of the region presidents with contempt in his voice and fire in his eye, warned the rest of the IBT that some unscrupulous person had left their cell phone on for the entire meeting, which of course was not the case.

If video or recording were banned you would have to ask yourself on what grounds our officers could lock down a meeting from any club members.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #46

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
How many Airstream Travel Trailers are the primary RV vehicle for members of the '06-'07 Executive Committee? The best I can tell its ZERO!
What do you have to back that up?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #47

1968 17' Caravel
Oh, so you're saying their all motor home people, but they are still Airstream motorhomes? I thought you were saying they owned SOBs and those were their primary RVs. Yeah, I knew MHs are a big deal with the 'ruling class', in fact I've heard stories about people being told they needed to move up to MH once they got up there in the club. Apparently trailers are just for the peons at the bottom.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #48
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Apparently trailers are just for the peons at the bottom.
I think the peons are finally POed, how revolting to the IBT! Time for an attitude adjustment and a reminder that our officers are in place to serve club members and not to lord over the members and design their own agendas!

photography
Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #49

1968 17' Caravel
So the entire ruling party will be driving SOBs, as soon as they can change the rules to accomodate them. Funny, it's so doggone difficult to get anything changed at the unit level, but from on high they can change the very fiber of the club on a whim.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #50
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Larry Huttle/THOR/Airstream are HAPPY to provide this club with any THOR product it might like -- ANY THOR product (quotes/audio available)!
I think this is what this whole Motor Home issue is all about: "providing this club [the IBT] with any THOR product it [IBT members] like"

It's not about keeping friends in the club, it's about keeping the IBT in new motor homes for free use during their tenure as IBT members and giving them the units for next to nothing as used units when they finally retire from the IBT. And then new ones again when they return to the IBT. From what I can ascertain in the less than one year I've been a member, the IBT is made up of the same folks term after term.

So how long can an IBT member serve on the IBT? How soon can they be "elected" to the IBT again? Are they elected by the members in general or are they appointed by the regional presidents? Or are they the regional presidents? This is one part that I'm a little vague on.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #51
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
So how long can an IBT member serve on the IBT? How soon can they be "elected" to the IBT again? Are they elected by the members in general or are they appointed by the regional presidents? Or are they the regional presidents? This is one part that I'm a little vague on.
Regional presidents are members of the IBT. I think that term is for 2 years. Then if they are nominated (by the nominating committee) they could run for IBT 3rd VP, then 2nd, then 1st and then Prez. These terms are one year.
The delegates vote for these IBT officers, but the only names to vote on are the ones from the nominating comittee. Names can be added from the floor as well. I doubt anyone has ever been elected after being nominated from the floor.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #52

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
It's not about keeping friends in the club, it's about keeping the IBT in new motor homes for free use during their tenure as IBT members and giving them the units for next to nothing as used units when they finally retire from the IBT.
But I don't think the club buys and owns the units for them to drive. They get reimbursed for travel, but the club certainly isn't actually buying them RVs (though that might account for the outrageous club dues).

Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #53
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
But I don't think the club buys and owns the units for them to drive. They get reimbursed for travel, but the club certainly isn't actually buying them RVs (though that might account for the outrageous club dues).
My understanding was that Airstream/Thor (not WBCCI) provided the choice of either a Classic 34' travel trailer OR a motor home for use during their term on the IBT. Then when their term on the IBT was over, they could purchase the unit that was provided to them at a substantial discount as a used unit. Now this is just hear say, but it is the only truly logical explanation I have heard for the IBT's persistence on this motor home issue. If there wasn't something to it, they would be willing to consider the "grand-fathering" in of SOB motor home owners. That is not even an option in their minds.

At a recent RV show, the only Airstream dealer in Georgia wouldn't go so far as to admit that they were providing them under this agreement, but what he did say (he has been an Airstream dealer for about 2-1/2 to 3 years) was that he was shocked by how little Airstream (JC) told him he had to sell motor homes to the IBT for. I could tell he was pretty disgusted by the hole idea. Whatever that arrangement may have been, whether the one I described above, or some other, the IBT is in this for reasons of greed and self-serving purposes, not for the benefit of the friends and members of the club.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #54
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I think it would be a good move for the WBCCI to be self supporting and not have the huge contributions from AS or Thor to "color" decision making. The power and the perks are corrupting influences. The more they have the more they want. Never a word about cutting budgets or spending, only the belabored cries that WBCCI needs more members and revenue, perhaps raise dues if the current membership numbers cannot support their spending, and this all the while we are paying the higest club dues around already. This club needs to trim the fat.

photography
Old 06-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #55
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I understand from a pretty good source that at least one of the officers mentioned above has a classic AS motorhome that he is replacing his trailer with. Perhaps there are others that should not be included in your list of SOBs?

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Blast from the past

Where is the WBCCI leadership headed in recent years? Perhaps we should do a poll or survey of your opinions. Certainly I think every WBCCI member has been touched in some way over the direction the stair step leaders have initiated. From my point of view as a general member at the bottom, it has not been for the betterment of WBCCI. What's your view and conclusion?

photography
Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #57
Rivet Master

NEW "CLASS A" CLUB FOR IBT and other AGING AIRSTREAM DIESELS

TMDC______Here is an article from RV BUSINESS.COM about new RV CLASS A CLUB for THOR MOTORHOMES>

Thor Diesel Club Invites Members to Rally

Email Print
August 10, 2010 by RV Business Leave a Comment

Unofficial logo for the new Thor Diesel Club

Owners of Four Winds International and Damon Motor Coach diesel products are being welcomed into the newly formed Thor Diesel Club, formerly known as the Mandalay Travel Club.
The club is extending an invitation to all owners of the following Class A diesel coaches: Damon Avanti, Astoria, Essence, Escaper, LX400, Tuscany and Ultrasport; Four Winds Serrano and Monteceito; and Mandalay Presidio, Mandalay and Valencia.
Thor Diesel Club will host its first rally Oct. 3-8 in Goshen, Ind. Jim Larocca, president of Thor Diesel Club, extended an open invitation to all the qualifying owners to stop out and become a charter member of the newly formed Thor Diesel Club.
“Damon and Four Winds will sponsor this event and have staff available at the rally. The Thor Diesel Club will continue their traditions of the past and you will find seminars, vendor support, giveaways, food, golf and tech service during the week for all attendees. Jim Larocca promises that this will be a great way to get more enjoyment with your coach and meet new friends while learning about your coach,” according to a news release.
For more information go to www.MyMotorhomeClub.com or contact the Rally Master Fran Watkins by e-mail: cfwatkins@comcast.net
Damon Motor Coach and Four Winds International are subsidiaries of Thor Industries Inc. Jackson Center, Ohio, the world s largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Airstream?

Did I miss this or Airstream MoHo owners with diesel pushers can't play with these guys?
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Good question Ed. I posted this to show the Moho owners they can choose another THOR Class A and still be in a club, but not WBCCI.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:06 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Turn about is not fair play, in their minds. Who are the movers and shakers (group of old friends) that control the Thor diesel motorhome club? Who do they think they are that they can be so exclusive that they can not allow Airstreams in their club, even if they are made by Thor? Maybe they are even higher "quality" than our motorhome leaders. Seems like class warfare to me.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote