Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster
Sometimes we get lucky......Lynn and I got our Airstream to attend Street Rod event camp outs. Found that there were gatherings for old trailers. Went to a Nor-Cal unit rally and joined that weekend. We then found ourselves spending lots of time in Southern California, and got hooked up with the San Bernardino unit, now called El Camino Real. Both great units. Old trailers and new. Some rallys are dry camp in the desert, others at high end RV facilities, but all are lots of fun to attend. We spend 150 to 200 nights a year in our Caravel, some at WBCCI rallys and some out exploring on our own, maybe with other Airstreamers or friends with other types of RVs, or just the two of us.

It's about the fun and people folks.....

We disagree with some of the things that come down from WBCCI, but that does not keep us from enjoying our friends and the fun events we attend.

Don't let it stop you.....Get/stay involved and have a good time. If you don't have a good time, it's on you, no one else....

Jim
Jim,

You got that right, Beth and I are glad that we discovered El Camino Real at the 2002 Santa Maria Rally and met you, Lynn and many other which we now call our friends.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 11-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #122
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
I have been a member of the Denver, CO. unit for 4 years and have met some wonderful people,traveled on some great caravans, enjoyd some great cookouts including some wonderful Pot Lucks and have learned alot about our AS because so many people were willing to help. Sure there is good and not so good in every organization, our unit has alot more good. I have noticed that there is a higherarchy differance between members and some national officers, suspect this will change with time.This is my first time on this forum so I hope I am in line with my comments
Old 11-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
You nailed it Allen ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 11-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1
>
There just seems to be more of a younger (30-50) crowd of folks doing most of the buying now days...like over 20% of them have never had an RV before...

...but I can say I have seen a tremendous change on where my customer base is coming from...

As Patrick said, there is a WBCCI brochure in every new owners packet that goes out of here and any Airstream Dealer.

...but to be honest, not many of them seem to interested...

Really, most of them have been on Forums site and have shown more interest in the Forums Rallies of late...

just my 2 cents FWIW

G

WBCCI #1471
IMO: Airhog1 hit the nail on the head, ouch! Demographic's change, ALL successful business and organization leaders know this and adapt/evolve, that's why they are successful!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 AM   #125
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
You're right....

Thanks for the input Allen. We've been members since 1995 and were very much amoung the younger set. We loved the reception we got and all the help and advice in both traveling and maintenance issues. The bad bothered us, but figured it would change over time and we loved the good parts. Change has been tremendous in our Unit and it is enjoyable in the extreme right now.

There's good and bad, definitely, but you're a man after my own heart with a 'glass half full' and not empty.

Love your attitude.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #126
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
Thanks Sheri, Your one of the great people I'm talking about. You and Rob are very helpful to all
Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
[quote=Pam]Change has been tremendous in our Unit and it is enjoyable in the extreme right now.[quote]

So true, I'm exhausted from all the fun we've had with the NEU this year.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #128
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
It all goes back to the local unit you belong to.

Too many are focused on what the IBT says and does, they don't really control your local unit you do!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
It all goes back to the local unit you belong to.

Too many are focused on what the IBT says and does, they don't really control your local unit you do!
I agree. It's all about your local club and caravaning.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #130
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Is the WBCCI already dead in some units?

I wonder if anyone in WBCCI monitors units for activity? In particular I watch my old Metro Detroit unit. I have just received the April newsletter and see there are no rallies planned yet for this year. Not sure when their last rally was July or early fall? If you notice in the Blue Berets or online at WBCCI or the index you see the only info seems to be a standard TBA and that is for all the luncheons and meetings. It's a shame that units are out there particularly units throughout Region 4 that just flail along side of their activity driven counterparts. This was the active unit of the three in Michigan Mid Eastern plans only one rally each fall in someones orchard. What's the solution? The way I reason is if they who are interested and have been members for years and have the acceptance and support of one another cannot turn the tide how would a new member "step up to the plate and change it" if they could not. Gosh I have grown to disdain that simplistic retort. It's on a par with the wisdom that spawned "if the people have no bread then let them eat cake!" If good intentions and hard work is all it takes then why couldn't even Lot find 10 other people?

photography
Old 04-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #131
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Is the WBCCI dead in some units?

Short answer...yes.The club seems to lose units every year and to be honest I don't see this changing in the near future under the present circumstances.
Lots of new members join each year(roughly 1000)which now translates to around 15% and yet the membership continues to decline.What's the answer?
It is so depressing reading all the WBCCI threads on this forum.How do you change and improve when it seems many of the leaders are stuck in the past.An osterich comes to mind or even Nero playing an instrument while Rome burned.
Survey after survey and little action.I don't have the answer.
There are several units that are achieving success so it CAN be done but they are few and far between.At least the 2020 survey team is supposed to be studying these units but what will be done with the results?
There are so many great and talented folks in the club who seem to have the right idea.I hope the club is still around by the time they work themselves up through the ranks.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 04-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Wbcci

The answer is have more unit run like the 4CU.Go camping,have fun and .
No meetings,no luncheons, no tux.Just happy hour and pot luck dinners around the camp fire.
Look at the numbers that we have at our rallies.Even the spur of the moment one at Quartzsite AZ had a good turn out.
The 4CU even likes our squarestream.This is why we joind the WBCCI and the 4CU.
GOOD folks,GOOD times with GOOD friends. Come join us