Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 AM   #57
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Wbcci

WBCCI Rallie Vs Forum Rallies

Forum Rallies are fun because they are about fun not RULES.
1. If you want too sleep in at Forum Rallies, No problem, Big problem at WBCCI Rallies Rule violation.
2. WBCCI Rallies don't like pets, Forum rallies love pets.
3. WBCCI Rallies don't like non members unless someone sponsered you, Forum Rallies invite you over for pot luck even though you don't have a dish too bring.
4. WBCCI Rallies don't allow SOB's, Forum Rallies will invite SOB's over and make them fell welcome. (after all they are camper's and future Airstreamer;s who just haven't been clued in yet)
5. My local WBCCI Unit meet's during working hours which left me out and because I didn't care for there one run each year I was a instant non-member.
6. When I went fulltime, no vote.

Last two have nothing too do with forum rallies, but burn me as an outcast.

I like some others hear, don't see why I should spend my time changing a club that has RULES to prevent change.

I also don't like being awaken at 2 AM too be told too "Get your Non-Airstream off our property" (73 Argosy at the terra-port in Jacksoncenter) This has neve happened at a forum rallie and never will.

If you need more reason's just call me 512-497-5120.

Don

PS: If you want too change the WBCCI, go too there FORUM and tell them about there problems and leave us on the forum alone, oh I forgot they don't have a forum because they don't care. You don't get new mwmbers by telling them they are the problem and need to change the WBCCI.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #58

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I didn't realize that that an Argosy was a "non-Airstream".

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
Old 07-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #59
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc

1. If you want too sleep in at Forum Rallies, No problem, Big problem at WBCCI Rallies Rule violation.
3. WBCCI Rallies don't like non members unless someone sponsered you, Forum Rallies invite you over for pot luck even though you don't have a dish too bring.
4. WBCCI Rallies don't allow SOB's, Forum Rallies will invite SOB's over and make them fell welcome. (after all they are camper's and future Airstreamer;s who just haven't been clued in yet)
5. My local WBCCI Unit meet's during working hours which left me out and because I didn't care for there one run each year I was a instant non-member.

Last two have nothing too do with forum rallies, but burn me as an outcast.

I like some others hear, don't see why I should spend my time changing a club that has RULES to prevent change.

I also don't like being awaken at 2 AM too be told too "Get your Non-Airstream off our property" (73 Argosy at the terra-port in Jacksoncenter) This has neve happened at a forum rallie and never will.

If you need more reason's just call me 512-497-5120.

Don

PS: If you want too change the WBCCI, go too there FORUM and tell them about there problems and leave us on the forum alone, oh I forgot they don't have a forum because they don't care. You don't get new mwmbers by telling them they are the problem and need to change the WBCCI.
Don, this sounds horrible and I am sorry it has been your experience with WBCCI rallies. I can't imagine anyone being so rude as to tell you to get off of the property at 2:00 a.m. That is truly unacceptable right along with the other items you listed.

We have attended only WBCCI rallies so far and we have not experienced any of this nonsense. We sleep in if we want to, we have 2 dogs, we attend potlucks and haven't always brought something to share, we attended the Region 1 Rally without even being members because we asked the coordinators if we could and they welcomed us: not because we had a sponsor, we don't know when the local WBCCI meetings are so I can't speak about that, but I haven't felt left out if I wanted to know something. We have 2 children who are made to feel welcome as well. These differences are because of our unit as a whole: making an effort to focus on camping and having fun, thinking about what they would like to do and sharing it with others, being considerate that we are all different, but share our love of Airstreams, and embracing the basis of what the WBCCI is supposed to be about. It certainly isn't the rules. This is why the members make the difference and people participating who want to have fun will make this the norm rather than the exception.

Kristine
WBCCI # 5971
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Craftsman,

Quote:
There is a NEED for a new club and I hope someone starts one. It's really to bad because they won't be able to use the Airstream name. . .
Why? As far as I know the Airstream name is owned by Airstream, Inc. and I am not aware that WBCCI has an exclusive license to it. If anyone knows any more about the situation I would appreciate enlightenment.

My perception is that Airstream, Inc. would be glad to see another Airstream-brand club appear as WBCCI is not really doing much for them any more, what with only 15% of new Airstream owners joining WBCCI.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 AM   #61
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Wbcci

Kristine
You are talking about the unit level and I am talking about the WBCCI.
Get a copy of there rule book, fork lift will be nessary.
The top 1% control who can rule and no changes are allowed.
14 pages of rules for the name tag!!!
Sorry WBCCI but I can think for myself even if I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #62
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Kristine
You are talking about the unit level and I am talking about the WBCCI.
Get a copy of there rule book, fork lift will be nessary.
The top 1% control who can rule and no changes are allowed.
14 pages of rules for the name tag!!!
Sorry WBCCI but I can think for myself even if I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
Yes, you are correct, I am speaking of unit rallies, but I was thinking that the "forum" rallies would be most parallel to these rather than the larger WBCCI region rallies.

I can't believe 14 pages of rules for the name tag! That is ridiculous! I am not sure I really want to read the rule book, but I kind of do just because I think it is good to know since I am a member.

Thank you for this dialogue.

Kristine
WBCCI # 5971
Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #63
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
I don't need no stinkin badge

Whats all the fuss about? Some of us just like to have a good time with fellow campers. Just look at some of the california forum threads.
Wally was good at pimpin the product- he sold the sizzle not the steak. Doesn't appear to be that way nowadays. Except for the NEU and 4CU those 2 units appear to be sizzlin, too bad they are connected to the big club.
The member poll on this site indicated the majority of forum members are not wally members.
I've had the pleasure of meeting some real good folks thru this forum- and some are staunch wally supporters!
I have no desire to share my waste hookup with 3 other campers parked in a field in the 90-100 degree heat- Not much fun.
I'm in favor of prostrate screening- it's the leading killer of men.No one forces you to have a psa test. just go get one every 6 months.
I looked at the wally rule book on line, what a bunch of dung, and use the blue beret to clean it up with.
Airstream Life is a great publication!
I do enjoy reading the posts here on this forum and I have a lot or respect for those
"passionate" views of others, even if their view is not aligned with mine.I like being free.
I also post here because I can.
Respectfully Submitted--- Doorgunner

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #64
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
What is your definition of a forum rally and why is it "more fun"? I realize a forum rally begins here on the forums, but I am looking for more specifics about what happens at the rally. Is the rally organized and/or initiated by a WBCCI member? Are WBCCI members present? Is there unit equipment used for cooking or the tent set-up for gathering? What is it that you feel makes it special and interesting enough for you to want to attend?

Kristine
I have been to some good WBCCI rallies... but some answers to your questions:

Quote:
Is the rally organized and/or initiated by a WBCCI member?
Maybe a member, but the big difference is that forum rallies tend to be planned on line by those attending the rally. This means that activities (or lack thereof) are the will of the group. Forum rallies tend to be less structured. No meetings, no bugle in the morning, no protocol, no flag rules, etc. Forum rallies are more likely to be in places with out asphalt.

Quote:
Are WBCCI members present?
Sure, but not in an official capacity. There are also members of AAA, BSA, AARP, AMA and many other associations present - but again, not in a official capacity.

Quote:
Is there unit equipment used for cooking or the tent set-up for gathering?
No unit equipment. Remember these are not unit events. But infrastructure support can be arranged in other ways. As part of the planning process, attendees may offer to bring equipment for general use. A rally I attended last year had 8 canopies to protect from OR coast rain - all supplied by rally attendees. They pooled their resources and made a giant dining hall in the rain. Everybody participates! It's about controlling your own destiny and having fun doing it.

Quote:
What is it that you feel makes it special and interesting enough for you to want to attend?
I can't answer for stef.... but forums rallies are special because they are team efforts. Everyone is involved. I often feel at WBCCI rallies, that I am being entertained.

I choose to spend my limited free time doing things i find pleasurable. Getting up too early and attending business meetings at a campground are not on that list.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #65
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:

False

Quote:
2. WBCCI Rallies don't like pets,
False, they even had a pet show!

Quote:
False

Quote:
?

Quote:
Did you ask to have the time change, did ask if you could talk to someone and find out what was discussed. I'll take a guess, not!

Quote:
What?

Quote:
why should spend my time changing a club that has RULES to prevent change.
with your attitude I don't think it's the task for you, but your more than welcome to attend.

Quote:
That's a joke right!

Quote:
If you want too change the WBCCI, go too there FORUM and tell them about there problems and leave us on the forum alone,
Too funny!

Quote:
oh I forgot they don't have a forum because they don't care. You don't get new mwmbers by telling them they are the problem and need to change the WBCCI.
No one said the members are a problem, just the old guard.

Don, it's so nice to see that you don't give a dame as you stated before.

But that's really not true you do care, admit it.

Is it possible that all all your complaints about Wbcci are created by yourself?

What Forum rallies have you attended?

Old 07-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I would say there is a commonality to many posts and hopefully WBCCI will pick up on those issues. There is also much posted in the way of perceptions and thereby lies the larger crux of the matter. Impressions are as singular as Airstreamers. I think to break through these barriers we need to approach and embrace individuals to ourselves on a one by one basis. That is what will grow the club and stop the exodus. Generalities may help a little but conversely they allienate others.

I have a big problem with some prevailing attitudes that fire charges of dereliction of duties towards past, present or prospective members. That is not the way to win converts or impress people, imho. Do not shirk your duties as members to fashion better recruitment and retainment practises to the dubious practice of punting or throwing the ball back in their court. Sure it might save you some face at the onset but you may eventually find yourself alone with the others that share only your agressive views.

I have been a member for four years and I feel I have tried my best to stick out a rocky road and try to get ideas channeled towards the proper places and to be in some attendance. No I have not bought any flags, or run for any office or held a sanctioned rally, but I have been concerned and put a lot of energy into club matters, in a manner that befits me and my personality. Not enough? So I hear... Enough for me though...in spades. It seems even though I perceived myself as exerting myself vigorously I have not made the cutting grade.

Fun vs obligation. WBCCI is not imperative it is optional to our Airstreaming. I am beginning to resent the statements that I ought to be doing this or that, and that, and I find myself feeling defensive. If any share that with me, it is NOT the way to increase membership. Yeah... I am looking for fun, so I guess you can sue me, or at least write me off the list of members that really count. But here, allow me to dig deeper and give you more monies for my index and Blue Beret...I love abuse and bashing. Don't you?

Now all you really have to do to be happy in the WBCCI is to start a unit after you researched your entire area of various units, and plan a rally in support, step up and hold office, stop moaning and whining and fall in step. Are we having fun yet? If not, you didn't hold up your end. Feel the burn. Give until it hurts. No pain no gain. You get out of it what you put into it. Are you all signing up like crazy now?

photography
Old 07-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #67
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Wbcci

Yes, I am the problem, I took a NON-AIRSTREAM and painted in Silver too make it look like an Airstream and trespassed on WBCCI property (Airstream Property).
Yes I care about CAMPERS and Airstream Trailers but not rules.
The next time someone from WBCCI tells me "you can't do that too an Airstream" I will go nuts and the men in white suits will have too carry me away kicking and screaming. I LOVE my neon and my 5 flag mount, it's MY Airstream. I have not had one SOB owner tell me that!!
I wish THOR had followed thru with there plan too start a THOR Owner club. That would have been fun like forum rallies I think.
Forum rallies from Texas too Oregon and Texas too NC. I visit all of the Texas Camping Club runs when in Texas. Beverly Beach is my next Rally, come on over too the left coast and join me.
I'm a real mean retired killer. Not much fun, but good for a laugh.

Don
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #68

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:

I'd have to agree with Don on almost every point.

You can try to sleep in, but those old folks are up at the crack of dawn chit chatting outside your window or even knocking on the door to make sure you're in time for 7am breakfast! I did bring my telescope to a couple rallys thinking we could share it with the other attendees, but they all hit the sack before dark

Pets are welcome at the WB rally, but not to come to dinner and sit by your table (usually because the meals are held in an indoor room) and they are not allowed around the campfire (although at the one WB rally where we talked them into having a campfire a couple folk snuck their small dogs in on their lap). Folks said it was so nice to have a campfire, they hadn't done one at a rally in years.

I would not even feel comfortable to drop in on my old unit for a rally now that I am not a member without being invited. There is always a bit of fuss over who invited who and what the rules are about that.

One long time member brought their SOB motor home to a WB rally, and although it was allowed, there was a lot of clucking behind their back about it - 'they'll have to get an airstream soon, or I don't know what we'll do - they know that motorhome is against the rules'

Our unit's meetings were in the middle of the workday. I attended a couple times, but it was too far away. using the internet to set up a chat room, or a private forum as a way of involving members from farther away was rejected. This is another policy I hope they will change. Embracing a little technology could certainly help bring the club together. This is no secret to them, it's just an idea they were not ready for.

They were very interested to hear what I and one other young (and by young I mean retirement age) new member had to say. But after four years of trying to say it and getting shot down, I gave up. She gave up a year later and they sold their AS and bought an SOB motorhome. The unit will continue the way they are going, which is just fine if that is what they enjoy - most of those people have been members for 50 years, they should enjoy their club their way.

I think the best option out here in the NW would be to start our own unit. But then I think, why bother? We organize our rallys just fine, we get together several times a year. We stay in touch on the forum. Why pay dues just to get a handbook of rules to apply to our group for nostalgia's sake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I can't answer for stef.... but forums rallies are special because they are team efforts. Everyone is involved. I often feel at WBCCI rallies, that I am being entertained.

I choose to spend my limited free time doing things i find pleasurable. Getting up too early and attending business meetings at a campground are not on that list.
Janet got that right on the head. And don't get my husband started talking about business meetings at rallys! I think at every WB rally we went to we've gotten trapped in a after breakfast 'would everyone please stay around and we'll have a short meeting' that goes on for an hour or so discussing what to do with broken printers and coffee pots. Just the other day we were talking about a nice WB rally we went to and he added 'except for that dang business meeting'!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #69

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
But I want to add that the people in our unit were just the nicest folks they could be, and always tried hard to make us feel welcome. It's just that their idea of what a fun weekend is and our ideas do not quite jive. And that's why I say it's silly to keep saying to get in there and change it. They like it the way it is. We like forum rallys the way they are. There's room on this planet for both groups, and no hard feelings, I would hope.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Wally was good at pimpin the product- he sold the sizzle not the steak. Doesn't appear to be that way nowadays. Except for the NEU and 4CU those 2 units appear to be sizzlin, too bad they are connected to the big club.
Hi doorgunner,

Yep, the NEU is doing great despite being under the big club. I think it's because we march to our own drummer, not the WBCCI's. Get's us into some pretty hot water with the WBCCI rule makers too. Of course, we are in good company when it comes to making the club our own (VAC, WDCU, 4CU, HOTU).

Oh, because I"m feeling bratty today here is a picture of my Airstream taken during the NEU Perry Relay Caravan. Note no displayed WBCCI numbers and one very "not approved" flag waving in the wind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Un-Approved.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	40880  

Closed Thread