Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Looking for 3922 from 62

Hello all. I've got a few of these old photos posted on my blog that my Aunt and my Uncle gave me from the early 1960s. This one has Marathon 62 on it as in Marsthon Florida. Looks like they had a 54ish 22 footer. I am trying to find out who owned this trailer and to see if they had any offspring that still Airstreams, maybe even still using this trailer (I know - far fetched).

The trailer in the background is my Grandfathers with my mom, aunt and Grandfather lying there in the sun. Airstreaming must have been his relaxation, as I never saw my Grandfather in my 28 years that he was alive without a shirt on.

Taken from my 1965 WBCCI membership book, the following lists 3922 and if I recall that is the name that was listed like that in 1962 as well from talking to WBCCI HQs when I called a while back:

David and Ellen Klein, 1201 S. Clay Street, Troy, Ohio.

Does anyone know of these folks? Does anyone have an old 50s trailer with 3922 as Ghost numbers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream%20Marathon%201.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	56320  
Attached Images

https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
photos

Hi Rob,
I love the old photos of your families past Airstreaming travels. Is that you in the stroller with the beret? I think that needs to be posted here also.

I could have restored a complete trailer with the time I've spent checking on and reading your blog. So sorry I do not add comments. that would require more of a total commitment to my Airstream internet time wasting experience.

But just to say it again, you have done your restoration the right way the first time and that will really pay off for at least the next thirty years or so.

Any more family history photos?
Gary
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote