Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #101
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I still do not get it... How many times does someone have to say they do not want to play with you before you realize they are serious? 1st grievance, 2nd? Oh, no, I am dense a third... How about a glass of Ice tea? What does it actually take?

Bill, I always have taken you as a very intelligent guy... How many ways does one need to be told to get lost?

I hope Leo realizes this and moves on. He will be much better off doing so.

PS I down loaded #110 by 4 am on friday and have listened 3 times now.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #102
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I still do not get it... How many times does someone have to say they do not want to play with you before you realize they are serious? 1st grievance, 2nd? Oh, no, I am dense a third... How about a glass of Ice tea? What does it actually take?
At what point does a small minority of the club get to decide who gets to play while ignoring the rules. Your post reads like its the IBTs club and the rest are allowed only through their sufferance. THAT is what it is about, at least in my opinion.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #103
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think if you were to survey the WBCCI you would find that the general population is far removed from the couple dozen people stirred up here. 5% filled out the survey, the support you feel is just not there. Sooner or later many will realize that.

I hate to admit it, but 2air is right... "just move on"
Old 02-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #104
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Just a very stupid question.... Why the heck would ANYONE want to be a part of a club that treats you so disrespectfully?
I will say it again...
Old 02-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Maybe the possibility of a fourth...?

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I believe principle and regard for others has a lot to do with the decision to not go quietly away. Some people have gifts that others do not and they are able to act on behalf of others and not only secure their own way even to the extent of personal expense and discomfort.

Leo isn't trying to buddy up with the members of IBT. He is refusing to back off for the benefit of all of the WBCCI membership. That is what makes him such a threat.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Paul

Since our letters are OPEN LETTERS to the IBT how about posting them on
http://forum.wbcci.org/

That is assuming you are not already banded from that site.

It would be very interesting to see how long they remain uncensored.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #108
Rivet Master

HowieE,

I plan this weekend to print off all the letters either sent to me or posted here and send them to WBCCI HQ with the request the letters be sent onto the members of the IBT/EC7.

I have no trouble trying to post them over on the WBCCI site. My guess, Cortez will shut it down quickly. Right now, I have a run rate of 30% of my posts at the WBBCI site is removed. Of that 30% removed, I was able to change to wording then post the revised version.

Let’s hope that between the lawsuit, letters, black bands, etc… the eyes will come open up.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #109
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Hi Paul

Go ahead and post them. It will be great to see how long they stay up so we can report that to the general membership.

I have all e mail addresses so if you want to e mail the IBT directly I will send them to you.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #110
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Those of you that indicate that there are "just a few people objecting about club management, please be reminded that many of that "few" are speaking for many!! Some of them are unit presidents or past presidents. Some are region officers or past region officers. And some are well respected members who have a following. Some speak in favor of the club, some do not, but
it is far better to read, comprehend and understand what is being said on this and other threads.

Bob t
bob280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #111
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
BTW - Just a "few" (100) represent "many" (2.5 Million people in Washington.

So don't count a "few good men (and women)" out cause that is just what the Marines want! and what the Club needs!!
bob280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #112
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Oh Rah!!

Semper Fi and Ooooohhhhh Raaaahhhhhh from a Marine!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #113
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I got excited when I saw you had posted Rob, I was hoping you had another letter to offer. Even though you have moved on, you do understand the issues quite well. Any help would be appreciated by those that remain or would like to remain. Surely you aren't visiting only to rub it in, in now that you have started a new club? We could use some of that cheering energy of yours.

photography
Old 03-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #114
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
Here today, gone tomorrow?

Could the WBCCI quickly fade into just another RV club?

Many think about things in cyclical terms. There are seasons and rhythms. Almost everything, like people are born, raised, function and then fade. The decline can be cultural, economical or fashionable- -nothing last forever.

The challenges facing the WBCCI have been slow-burning. A steady decline in membership; The changing demographics; Modern technology and communications; The stagnations of reform initiatives; The high expense of maintaining the current ratio of officers to members. Now the creation and growth of alternative clubs are all things that marginalize the WBCCI.

For the current administration the threats might seem minor compared with their personal time frames. Their own ‘here and now’ is important. Within 5 to 15 years most will have aged-out and given up the Airstream lifestyle anyway. Without changes the days of reckoning are within sight. It’s questionable if many clubs with early 20th C rituals and rules can survive past the second decade of the 21st C. Most are in decline.

The general members, unlike the club’s managers, are not trying to maintain the status quo or equilibrium. The demographics are changing and new ideas are being voices of what the club should be. That is the way people live, work and function in the dynamic world today. Changes are going to happen, so why not take control and guide it constructively?

A critical time might come next January following the IBT meeting. Many members plan to withhold their 2011 due pending real reforms. If a significant percentage are still dissatisfied and do not renew, the club will take a major hit. The shock will cause disruptions. The degree is difficult to predict, and probably not anticipated by the central authority that has often misunderstood or ignored the issues.

Can these factors cause a sudden acceleration in the demise of the club? Perhaps. The IBT meeting is the tripwire. Defections can trigger the transition from equilibrium to a crisis mode leading to a major schism--if that isn’t already happening.

Most clubs are not complex systems, but the WBCCI bylaws make changing malfunctioning policies very difficult. Therefore no one expects major changes, so if ‘business as usual’ happens again next January, expect more defections followed by fiscal deterioration, a dues increase and more cycling downward. Are crucial risks being considered and addressed?

Perhaps one day another member will exercise his/her freedom of speech, and be blackballed. It will create negative feelings on both sides. Suddenly, it will be not just a majority of the members who worry about the sustainability, but corporate sponsors and supporters. We’re in trouble when the public loses faiths in the club’s viability. It’s hard to turnaround a losing battle with eroding strength.

Many aspects of the club appear to function well such as the Caravans and Unit and Regional rallies. They are relativity stable- -for now. Those functions are worth our efforts to preserve. It’s the club’s raison d’etre.

The WBCCI does not have to have a predictable life cycle of rise, reign, decline and fall according to some theory. But as long as it behaves like many non-adaptive systems, it will fade and die. On the bright side: It will be said that the WBCCI functioned well for over a half a century, but then just like its leaders, it slowly aged and faded away.

Many see it coming and now have dual RV club memberships. They’re prepared to migrate over to whatever new or existing organization meets their needs. Dismissing this as a hypothetical scenario could be at the club’s peril.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStanley View Post
Could the WBCCI quickly fade into just another RV club?

Many think about things in cyclical terms. There are seasons and rhythms. Almost everything, like people are born, raised, function and then fade. The decline can be cultural, economical or fashionable- -nothing last forever.

The challenges facing the WBCCI have been slow-burning. A steady decline in membership; The changing demographics; Modern technology and communications; The stagnations of reform initiatives; The high expense of maintaining the current ratio of officers to members. Now the creation and growth of alternative clubs are all things that marginalize the WBCCI.

For the current administration the threats might seem minor compared with their personal time frames. Their own ‘here and now’ is important. Within 5 to 15 years most will have aged-out and given up the Airstream lifestyle anyway. Without changes the days of reckoning are within sight. It’s questionable if many clubs with early 20th C rituals and rules can survive past the second decade of the 21st C. Most are in decline.

The general members, unlike the club’s managers, are not trying to maintain the status quo or equilibrium. The demographics are changing and new ideas are being voices of what the club should be. That is the way people live, work and function in the dynamic world today. Changes are going to happen, so why not take control and guide it constructively?

A critical time might come next January following the IBT meeting. Many members plan to withhold their 2011 due pending real reforms. If a significant percentage are still dissatisfied and do not renew, the club will take a major hit. The shock will cause disruptions. The degree is difficult to predict, and probably not anticipated by the central authority that has often misunderstood or ignored the issues.

Can these factors cause a sudden acceleration in the demise of the club? Perhaps. The IBT meeting is the tripwire. Defections can trigger the transition from equilibrium to a crisis mode leading to a major schism--if that isn’t already happening.

Most clubs are not complex systems, but the WBCCI bylaws make changing malfunctioning policies very difficult. Therefore no one expects major changes, so if ‘business as usual’ happens again next January, expect more defections followed by fiscal deterioration, a dues increase and more cycling downward. Are crucial risks being considered and addressed?

Perhaps one day another member will exercise his/her freedom of speech, and be blackballed. It will create negative feelings on both sides. Suddenly, it will be not just a majority of the members who worry about the sustainability, but corporate sponsors and supporters. We’re in trouble when the public loses faiths in the club’s viability. It’s hard to turnaround a losing battle with eroding strength.

Many aspects of the club appear to function well such as the Caravans and Unit and Regional rallies. They are relativity stable- -for now. Those functions are worth our efforts to preserve. It’s the club’s raison d’etre.

The WBCCI does not have to have a predictable life cycle of rise, reign, decline and fall according to some theory. But as long as it behaves like many non-adaptive systems, it will fade and die. On the bright side: It will be said that the WBCCI functioned well for over a half a century, but then just like its leaders, it slowly aged and faded away.

Many see it coming and now have dual RV club memberships. They’re prepared to migrate over to whatever new or existing organization meets their needs. Dismissing this as a hypothetical scenario could be at the club’s peril.
Did you intend that this post be included as one of the letters sent to the IBT or just a post for the thread?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #116
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
A Prognosis

The targeted audience will get the message.
The editorial’s intention is to prepare readers for the club’s slow and inevitable decline and dissolution.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #117
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Kemptville , Ontario
JStanley: Thank you for a thoughtful and thought provoking post. I appreciate and agree with what you are writing. I suspect that the next 12 months will decide the fate of this Club. Any delay in making needed changes to its governance and financial management will seal that fate. There may well be enough members who, before renewing, will wait to see the outcome of the 2020 Committee and what the IBT does in January that the Club could implode quickly if the status quo is maintained.

In my Unit, Ontario Canada, we are holding an open 'town hall' discussion with members at our Spring Rally so that we may get their direct input. It should be an interesting session.

Cheers,
Kerry #5417
Kerrbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #118
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Our Club Does Not Have To Die A Slow Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStanley View Post
The targeted audience will get the message.
The editorial’s intention is to prepare readers for the club’s slow and inevitable decline and dissolution.
The slow death and decline that you predict does not have to come to fruition. In my opinion if we members would stand together and reject "Authority" when wronged our club just might survive and grow.
Should we decide to put this club on a successful tract once again perhaps we should start by demanding the resignation of the Region 9 President who watch on as his wife poured a container of "iced tea" onto one of our members and my Past Unit President.
Perhaps my letter to the IBT would to make such a suggestion that they too demand the Resignation of Doug Wylie the Region 9 President and His First Lady. What a lady!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I have to say ...I am not comfortable with talk about spouses being held accountable to control their spouses. I am also not comfortable with the WBCCI having spouses held accountable for the actions they take against members, such as Kimber, Gail and Mrs. Bob T. This is archaic and wrong in assumption and practice.

If you call for Region 9 president's resignation please do it for the reason that he offered no apologies on their behalf and not because he did not indoctrinate, berate or tackle the "little woman" regardless of her acting out foolishly.I would very much like to know what was said and done among those assembled and what followed the incident. That in my opinion would be the most revealing of attitudes.

But on the subject of seeking resignations a brand new EC7 would be loverly to dream of. Start that chain reaction and we might get the WBCCI back on track before they all die out.

photography
Old 03-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #120
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
You are right Carol.
I allowed my emotions to motivate my fingers.
Maybe I should simply have stated that Doug Wylie should have condemned the behavior whether it was his wife or anyone else.
My intention was not "the little lady thing" and I apologize for making you or anyone else that I may have made uncomfortable with that statement.
It is not fair that spouses are terminated from our club for things that they have not done.