Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2010, 04:36 AM   #155
Silver Mist
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I have heard no one has received a response from Metro New York Unit. And even though my Pay Pal confirmation states I have donated $100.00 USD to Metropolitan New York Unit using PayPal none of my e-mails to the unit president or the treasurer have gotten a single response.
Incorrect on all points.

our money is all gone.
Simply not true

Carol, you have stated the exact same old comments numerous times?
U are just resurrecting a dead thread w/o anything new....

Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Carol I believe that four of the Metro NY unit do want to put the whole thing behind them by refunding the money.
Who gave you that incorrect info?

'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

Old 10-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #156
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I remember many things my Grandfather said to me. He was a very wise man. Something he said often was "the only thing that you actually own is your honor". He also told me often that "If you tell a lie enough times, even you will believe it to be the truth." I think both saying come into play here.

JUST GIVE THEM BACK THE MONEY. No one it trying to rehash things, they just want their money back.

Carol is not resurrecting anything here, she just wants the right thing done and since it is not, she wants her money returned. She deserves her money back. Everyone deserves their money back. THAT is far from "Incorrect on all points"

Now, some spin, some denial, some twist about me not being a WB member and having no say in this situation will come out. But in the end, the money should and needs to be returned.

"The only thing you truly own is your honor"
"If you tell a lie enough times, even you will believe it to be the truth"

Old 10-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #157
Rivet Master

It’s like this. You can come up with all this stuff about “after” the mid-winter IBT meetings and depending on what comes out of them the lawsuit “may” continue and changes are coming etc.. etc.. etc..That’s all well and good.

For those that “HAVE NOT” requested their money back, continue as you have planned and enjoy. BUT, for those that “HAVE” requested their money and no longer want to be part of your game, give them back their money (and if you makes you happy even pro-rated) and be done with it. Dragging it out only hurts you, the Metro New York Unit and the WBCCI and any possible interest from those that “might” want to support a lawsuit if it ever does happen. For many it was about Leo getting the boot, right, wrong or indifferent and “HE” was the very reason why they sent in money.

At this point and time, you are making enemies out of the very WBCCI members (that donated) you say you care about and will cause them to leave the club and have hard feeling towards a WBCCI Unit they are not even a part of.

I’m sure in your business life you have found there are times you are better off returning ones money for a “perceived” lack of value in your products and you “REFUND” their money just to shut them up so they do not to bad mouth your business and may even “return” to be a happy customer someday in the future, this is no different.

The question I have:

What value are you getting by keeping money from those who no longer support your actions?
Paul Waddell
Old 10-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #158
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Much of what I wrote in the letter below is still applicable as a call to action and discussion within your local unit to address the events and problems we have had within the WBCCI. The only points that are now out dated is the open status of a lawsuit and that MNY asking to join the effort was good news for us. The problems that spurred the action still remain. We may no longer have a suit pending but collectively we can still expect our club governance to work ethically and fairly and represent the general membership according to the guidelines that were put aside but should have been upheld in past proceedings. This also translates for the future. Communication and not censorship is vital to keep the WBCCI going. Many have watched this effort wither and rail as its head was cut off but the need for membership representation and action is as pertinent as ever. No one's expired, we have just hit a bump. It's gotten awful quiet with hushed tones and tiptoeing and yet I don't believe there are too many of us who after falling down would remain on the ground and not dust ourselves off and stand back up and do our best to remain righted. I think someone was woefully unprepared for the response recieved and that just because one holds the money, it doesn't mean you have the control, support, respect or even the attention of others.

Good Day My Fellow WBCCI Unit Presidents,

As WBCCI unit officers I am contacting you as a collective group because you are the ones in position to do the most good for the individual members of our club. I ask that you share this information with your unit members and discuss openly what the future of WBCCI will be and if having a hand in furthering progress within the club is a challenge each one of us and even entire units might take up together.

Fiscal responsibility, constitutional and by-law direction, communication and fair and open elections are important matters affecting each and every one of us in the WBCCI whether we get involved or not. We ask your help in increasing awareness of the members advocacy action to bring suit against the leadership of the WBCCI for failure to adhere to the basic tenants of their offices to be held accountable for their actions and to prevent further harassing of individuals with legal intimidation and judicial processes to suspend and expell vocal advocates.

Defend Wally is a group of Airstreamers such as yourselves who have joined together in support to assemble a pending lawsuit which can be referenced at the following link.

The most recent successes in our effort has been having the Metro New York unit vote to support this action and ask to be listed as a principle plaintiff in the suit. Having reached the initial goal of collected funds this clears the way to our filing in Federal Court.

Other Units and individual members who share the same concerns are welcome to join us to insure the final success and this is what I am asking you and your members to do today. Examine the issues. Talk with your friends and comembers and see if you can help to make a difference. Whether you can sign up your unit to become co-plaintiffs or become a supporter yourself or even to open discussions among your friends in the club, let them know what is happening today in the WBCCI. Your interest and participation will be greatly appreciated and your involvement can only build a stronger future for the WBCCI.

Thank you,

Old 10-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #159
VAC President
1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Carol et al,

I would like to mention that I have offered to Leo and others to package up SaveWally and let somebody else run it if they would like. To date, Leo has not taken me up on the offer. It still stands. If SaveWally is of great value to free speech about the club, it could be up and running again. All somebody has to do is step up to the plate.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President & Webmaster, TAC NV-2 & NV-3.
2014 Mouse count: Buttercup - 0 / Airtini -
Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #160

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
<Mod Mode>

Two other WBCCI forum threads were recently closed after repeated efforts to keep the threads civil and on topic. While we recognize the emotion and passion associated with this subject we can not let the focus on the return of donated funds over run thread topics. Nor we will allow personal or group attacks.

This thread is now closed.

The Staff

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Closed Thread