Old 04-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Barry

Ooops, sorry I did miss your question

If I understand you correctly you would like to join the WBCCI through the FCU - that would be no problem at all - in fact we would very much welcome you. In this case you would not be an affiliate member - you would have full membership ($56) - if you are already a member of some other unit (SOU) then you would pay $1 to be an affiliate of the FCU.

I hope that answers your question - please do not hesitate to ask for clarification if it doesn't - either here or PM.

Either way it does not create any problems for us.

Ken J.

Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
As an update - we have sent off our charter to the WBCCI - they will review and and make any corrections necessary. The next step is I will be assembling all of our charter members - have lost count now because have received several this week - so keep them coming so we can include you - We will post the list to make sure everyone is on it.

Thanks for all your support.

Anyone ready for a rally??? We have one in June and one in Oct planned - I know I'll be camping somewhere is NM this summer - so if there is somewhere you want to go - let me know and we can put something together.

Ken

Rally
restoration rally
Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
Hi Mike,
Do you mean the more emphasis on camping and having fun vs. meetings and formalities?
That idea seems pretty popular. The FCU has already attacted about a dozen new members and about two dozen transfers. My thought is we would keep on doing what we are doing with or without the WBCCI.
Airstream25---- No--I was refering to conducting business via the internet without all the meeting that most units have. Don told me at a region 6 Rally that he didn't like the idea of conducting business like that. Also there was something said about not having it as a state unit i.e., Four Corners Unit without a state name attached ???? just curious---pieman
Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
Airstream25---- No--I was refering to conducting business via the internet without all the meeting that most units have. Don told me at a region 6 Rally that he didn't like the idea of conducting business like that. Also there was something said about not having it as a state unit i.e., Four Corners Unit without a state name attached ???? just curious---pieman
Mike,

Look at the Constitution, the name is Four Corners Unit of New Mexico. Section 1 details the dates of the business meetings. That section is similar to the section in the El Camino Real California Unit, which I belong to.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Rick

Hmmm you probably missed the secret encoder ring too.....

Mike

Thats interesting because thats not what Don said to the folks whom I've been working with on this.

I don't know how they will be able to deny a very successful unit - we would not be this far if the intent was to turn us down - once you get provisional you are pretty much in, unless you really mess up.

Having said that, I'm well aware that we could still be turned down - I'm not going to get bogged down and get too concerned about that - the reason we are where we are is because we have demonstrated to the WBCCI how important it is to welcome new units in an effort to grow this organization.

Ken
Ken --my wife and I we sitting at dinner with Don at the Region 6 Rally this past fall. The four corners unit's original application for a provisional charter had been turn down. I was expressing my concern about this when he said "there are problem in region 11". he did say he hoped four corners would continue to try for a charter but " I don't like the idea of doing business via the internet without regular meeting". Obviusly he says what ever his audience wants to hear. It was his attitude and allofness that caused us to not renew our WBCCI membership. I really think what you're doing is fantastic and contains the original spirit of the WBCCI. ----pieman
Old 04-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Barry

Ooops, sorry I did miss your question

If I understand you correctly you would like to join the WBCCI through the FCU - that would be no problem at all - in fact we would very much welcome you. In this case you would not be an affiliate member - you would have full membership ($56) - if you are already a member of some other unit (SOU) then you would pay $1 to be an affiliate of the FCU.

I hope that answers your question - please do not hesitate to ask for clarification if it doesn't - either here or PM.

Either way it does not create any problems for us.

Ken J.
Okie dokie - I'll complete the form tonight and drop it and the loot in the mail tomorrow morning.

Thanks all,

Barry
Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Form is done, $56 bucks included, and my wife will drop it off at the postoffice tomorrow morning.

There, now to get back to putting my dinette back together again.

Thanks folks, I can smell a campfire already (that better not be the trouble light I left on laying on the floor in the trailer)

Barry
Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
1970 23' Safari
1956 16' Bubble
Jamul , California
4CU App 'n Check on the way

Our application and 56 are on the way, ya'll are great!
See you soon...
Stream Safe-
Bob 'n Nanc~
Tin Den
The " TinDen "
2007 25' International FB
1970 Safari 23' Land Yacht
1956 Bubble 16' California Whale Tail
Charter Member 4 Corners Unit
(View all of elfirebob's images)
elfirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Mike

We are ok - We have had a ton of support from all levels of the WBCCI. The WBCCI is an old established organization that is trying to change - but, as you know change is sometimes VERY difficult and slow. It took about 50 years for the club to change to what you see today - so while we all would like see some quick changes to go back to its roots, I don't think that will happen fast.

The FCU to some degree is putting a square peg in a round hole and the powers to be are not sure how to handle that - We also know that Don directed region 11 to work with us and see that we get the provisional charter.

A big fear (and probably appropriate) is that the FCU become a pure internet club with no get togethers, rally's, or real members. I think we have demonstrated otherwise.

So as I've lost count but we are somewhere around 40 or so full and affiliate members - way past what is required for a unit - I am guarded, but very
optimistic we will get our charter. The big hurdle for new units is getting the provisional charter - once you get that you are likely to get full charter.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
We will be watching the mail for all our new members

Thank you all so much for your support of the FCU - we are excited about our new unit and look forward to lots of fun together.

FCU rocks!!!

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 04-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Ken --Good luck with all your efforts and I really hope this all goes well and the charter is approved without a hitch. I would think the only reason for them to balk would be if they feel other units are loosing members to FCU. That said, and while it may be somewhat true, I wonder how many Charter members you have that were on their way out the door, before FCU came along. I see this units value for the present as one that saves disgruntled members fom leaving WBCCI and in the future a model for new units.---------Mike
Old 04-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
FCU Charter Membership ?

Hi Ken;

Have just printed and completed the application. Will submitting by mail (today) meet the required deadline

Thanks, Larry S

2005 25' Classic
2005 GMC 2500HD
Old 04-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Mike

Thanks for the good words. We will keep you posted.

Larry

Thanks! We will look for it. Pagosa Springs - great place - I'm up there at least once per month.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 04-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Kens "The FCU to some degree is putting a square peg in a round hole"
Sounds like the old days of trying to get a Squarestrem trailer in to the WBCCI.They now let us in and I am sure they will let FCU in.Sometimes it just harder when you are different.

jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote