Old 06-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Just joined the WBCCI and Oregon Unit

My first post here concerned how to join WBCCI on May 3, and now I'm a member! I've already heard from several folks including a former colleague who lives in my town whom I haven't seen in many years about how much fun the WBCCI is and the Oregon Unit in particular.

What a friendly bunch! I also have read some of the posts which seem to be political in nature, and since I'm a newbie I'll stay out of it.(I'll probably stay out of it when I'm more seasoned too) I hate the term "oldie"

I'm glad to be a part of such a great bunch of people, and I'm finally living a life-long dream to own an Airstream. We have some paved parking space that WBCCI members can park in when they're in our area. How does one go about listing these?

Looking forward to seeing many of you down the road.

Steve97365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Don't let the politics get you down, just go camping and have fun!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Welcome to the WBCCI!

Welcome to the WBCCI! I don't know anything about the Oregon Unit--it being a ways from here!--but my experience with several units is the WBCCI is the friendliest bunch of folks on earth!

Thanks for offering parking space! Members offering "courtesy parking" are listed as such in the annual WBCCI directory, and there is a separate compilation in the directory of courtesy parking by state, with phone numbers. (Etiquette suggests that you call a member before showing up to avail yourself of their offer.)

There is a box to check on the membership application to indicate that you are offering courtesy parking. If you didn't check it when you signed up, you can call or email headquarters and they can probably list you in the next directory.

See you down the road,
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Steve, Don't know if you are the same Steve that bought my McKesh Mirrors mirrors, but if so, I hope you are enjoying them and hope to meet you some day on an Airstream outing. If you have a Toyota TV, I will assume you are the one and will possibly get acquainted on one of the local WBCCI listings. I have since purchased a Hensley Arrow hitch. I think you had an Equal-i-zer. Maybe we can compare notes. Seems like great fun. jc Gresham, Or
rustyrivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida

You bought the Airstream and joined the club to have fun, so have fun! Some of us enjoy the politics, but most don't. That's what makes the club great. Do your own thing and have fun with your Unit members. Get involved if you want.

Randy and Pat Godfrey
Region 3 2nd VP, Newsletter Editor, Florida Unit
WBCCI# 7591 - AIR# 17017
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Thanks ALL. Rustyrivet, I'm the one who bought the mirrors. I'll be out camping after the 12th of July. Can't wait.

Steve97365 is offline   Reply With Quote