Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
June 2010 IP Newsletter ...

... is now on line at wbregion9.org. Link is in the yellow box.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Wow! Interesting spin on things.

Unless this newletter is distributed by the same system that got us the trailer for sale message I am willing to bet it will never reach the unit level in our unit. None of the others have, and if it were not for people like Pahaska i would not be aware there even was one.

The history thing is interesting. I am sure the purpose is to show how much the club is doing to reduce formality. All it does for me is show that they have improved from absurd to only ridiculous when it comes to ceremony.

At the time Airstream dropped their support in the 70's there was a significant dues increase which was understandable, and of course it resulted in a drop in membership. It hardly explains a 30 year downward spiral however.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I received the letter by email from one of our units. The letter came with this message from John Boutwell, current Region 12 president, soon to be 3IVP:

"Good afternoon everyone,

Attached is Tom Collier's Presidential Newsletter for the month of June. Unit Presidents, please pass it along to every member of your Unit. For any members that either don't have a computer or don't use the internet to communicate WBCCI business, please print a copy and it to them.

Thank you,

John
"

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Yea, I got one of those C & D's that Tom mentions (2 of them actually). Want to know what for? For the WBCCI Unit Guide - for something that promotes WBCCI - I didn't put it together, but WBCCI figures that I am responsible and told me so through their lawyers.

Go to the Unit Guide - Tell me what is so offensive there? They said that they want ME, a member actually still in good standing, to cease and desist using "WBCCI" as part of my domain name - for a unit guide. Really?!?
Half truths and outright lies indeed.

Funny, WBCCI will not put anything like that together in support of itself, but when another member in good standing takes that effort, out come the C & D's. WBCCI is truely a victim here!!!!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
I received the letter by email from one of our units. The letter came with this message from John Boutwell, current Region 12 president, soon to be 3IVP:

"Good afternoon everyone,

Attached is Tom Collier's Presidential Newsletter for the month of June. Unit Presidents, please pass it along to every member of your Unit. For any members that either don't have a computer or don't use the internet to communicate WBCCI business, please print a copy and it to them.

Thank you,

John
"

Bill
We got this yesterday, via email, from our Unit. They are being very consistent in passing information on down to members.

TC's addressing of the lawsuit threat was predictable. Some of his statements could have been direct quotes from posts on this Forum.

The sentence "Much of the information on the other forums may be misleading, half truths, and rumor." was most interesting---emphasis on "may".

They are reading the posts here and paying attention to the thoughts and feelings of members. That's a good thing.

Maggie
Old 05-31-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
I have never seen any organization (public or private) dignify a law suit without having formal notice. It would appear as though they are the victim of half truths, rumor, etc... It also appears as though they are getting all of thier uncensored information right here...but, "Come to our site vee vill tell you the truth!" WERE IS THE LEADERSHIP? It is very clear that the current administration can only lead by the blame game. NO WONDER MEMBERSHIP IS DROPPING LIKE FLIES! Can anyone actually accept this rethoric, and pay for the priveledge? Oh yeah, I guess I do...for now!

As a member Can anyone tell me what the current administration has done to better the WBCCI in the last year? two years? 10 years? Besides dress down and allow women a choice in color...? IT IS 2010!! There is one subject you never hear anything about, and it is NEVER addressed and now I know why.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
I am a "Triple D"

Dumbfounded - Disappointed - Disgusted
Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
This is my last newsletter to you. I have enjoyed this opportunity to share information with you and have attempted to
keep you informed as to some of the “behind the scenes” happenings.

He just doesn’t get it! This was not behind anything it was all out in the open from the start.
It is the IBT that operates behind the scenes.

Due to some disharmony in WBCCI, it is most important that you share this newsletter with all unit members.

Sure they are very concerned knowing this will be the only buzz in Gillette, but we will have our own supporters there to counter act their statements.

It saddens me that so many of our members choose to get information from web sites other than WBCCI.org, the official web site for our club. Much of the information on the other forums maybe misleading, half truths, and rumor.

He’s referring to Airforums.com. Members can not use WBCCI forum without being so heavily moderate dit is an oppressive atmosphere like the International Rally meetings, because of this their forum is basically dead.
The problems with the forum will be part of the lawsuit.

One of the latest postings isthat WBCCI is being sued by the Metropolitan New York Unit, which has 32 members.

Trying to minimize the impact that 32 mere members may have.

To date, neither WBCCI Headquarters nor any International Officer has been officially notified of a lawsuit against the
club. Should a lawsuit be filed, WBCCI will vigorously defend itself. However, even if a lawsuit is not filed, all the
disharmony and talk of a suit has already caused the club to overspend the budget line for legal fees.

Talk of the suit costs them nothing, how could it?
None of the folks that started DefendWally have received anything other than one letter to Howie Eldridge for sending emails.
Some letters have been mailed to WBCCI members by members of the Metropolitan New York Unit requesting members
to send money to help withthe lawsuit. These letters are not condoned by WBCCI Headquarters, theInternational
Officers, or the Region Presidents. These letters are very politely written and say that the money will go to save the
club.

Total untruth, they were sent by Howie WDCU.
They were not letters but emails which member to member emails need no pre approval.

If you wish to not receive any more of these letters, then please let the authors of the letters and the MNYU know how
you feel. Hearing from other members and units will have impact.

This is the funniest comment of this letter, out of 3900 emails sent less than 50 opted out not wanting it again.
Several hundred signed on for more info, donations were made to fund the lawsuit.
Hey folks please put pressure on MNYU (I thought we were nick named Metro NY, he’s so out of touch)
To late for that the horse left the barn.

WBCCI has in place, through its Constitution and Bylaws, ways to change the organization. We encourage members
and units to use these Constitutional provisions for change.

Been there done that it doesn’t work; the system needs to change, only a Court can make them.

Understand Tom C openly stated that if Leo wins his appeal next week another grievance is waiting to be filed,
That is called a conspiracy which is illegal moreover by the IP of a 6,000 member club.

I firmly believe the lawsuit will change the club, Metro NY will have built a legacy in having the courage to stand up and become an additional plaintiff .

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I'm still amazed as to what appears at the top of the letter: "To be shared with all WBCCI Members". I've never seen one IP newsletter. I didn't know it existed at all until it was linked this month from the AirForums to region 9's website. The WBCCI has my email address; why couldn't they send it to me directly? An email can be sent to all WBCCI members to spread the word of defendwally/lawsuit against the WBCCI; but yet the very organization that is moaning about dissension amongst the members and misinformation cannot send out the same? Come on! Did they really want the IP newsletter to reach all WBCCI members? They have the very tools being used against them at their own disposal and they won't pick them up and use them. Kinda like telling your enemy where your arsenal is and then giving them a copy of the key.

I'm more upset about the bullet points at the end of the letter than anything else, I think:

[Gillette registrations are 720.] Didn't they need 1100 or something to break even?

[There are several new seminars of special interest to women.] What the heck does that mean? Women haven't been interested in past seminars? Men won't be interested in the "new" seminars? I have no idea what these seminars are but that's just sick. Are we seriously back in the early 20th century when men and women had society-defined roles and tasks and could not share interests? Sad. Truly sad.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:43 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I'm still amazed as to what appears at the top of the letter: "To be shared with all WBCCI Members". I've never seen one IP newsletter. I didn't know it existed at all until it was linked this month from the AirForums to region 9's website.
We've been asking for more information, and they're giving that to us. It's a good thing, and a step in the right direction.

Change takes time---a process and not an event.

Maggie
Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
The IP newsletter is a good thing.
What is completely ridiculous is the distribution method.
The IP sends it to the 12 region presidents by some unknown means who are then supposed to send it to the unit presidents, (100 plus) who are then supposed to distribute it to the members.
You now have well over 100 people involved in trying to get a newsletter to a 6000 member club when the push of a button or 2 would get it to 2/3 of the members via an existing E mail list
Obviously this is a slow, archaic way to do things and does not work in many areas, The IP newsletter has NEVER reached the TN unit members by this method and I am sure this is true of many other units also.

Maybe the WBCCI should learn something from Defend Wally instead of of being critical.

Of course these are the same folks that can spend $40 k promoting a rally, when 4 families can put together the "Birthday Bash" and sell it out in 10 days using the internet.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Leo,

I'm not saying they're not distributing their own brand of half-truths and misleading information, that they have begun distributing anything at all to the masses is good and important, IMO.

Your and others' counter here to misinformation is important and vital. And, we're not hearing a lot of refuting of the facts you present, which is significant.

Those who play shell games with facts have to become more honest and forthcoming, also to look more critically at themselves and their decisions, and that is not going to happen overnight.

I have a different approach to this, but respect yours and value the information you provide to all of us. I feel you help greatly in holding the powers-that-be accountable, and without your information that would be much less likely to occur.

Please keep it coming.

Maggie
Old 06-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I understand what you're saying.

Take care of yourself,

Maggie
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #14
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Leo you need to tell us what you really think don't hold back

I wouldn't want to be the incoming IP,
ok you're officially sworn in and a defendant.

A little birdie told me that the IP said the lawsuit will be the first topic to be discussed at the rally.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Lets get off our a++es and get that suit filed. It is going to take 4 people sitting around a table for an hour, lets go.

If they want a topic to talk about at the Rally they deserve to have factual information to work with. I would not want them to be dealing with HALF TRUTHS.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #16
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Howie, it's more complex than an hour of time.

They are doing their best to file and serve the WBCCI before the rally.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Today, I received the fourth copy of Tom Collier's final letter. This copy came from the marketing committee. One from each unit to which we belong and one from the marketing committee. Feast or famine.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Bill, they did a mass email 4,000 members.

Reason is simple they are aware that the lawsuit commencing before the International rally. It will be at the top of the agenda at the meetings.

So they think they are doing PR I suppose to take the sting away.......NOT

Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Bill, they did a mass email 4,000 members.

Reason is simple they are aware that the lawsuit commencing before the International rally. It will be at the top of the agenda at the meetings.

So they think they are doing PR I suppose to take the sting away.......NOT

Bob,

I assume so, based on the way the email was addressed.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Can anybody tell me what it costs to email 4000 messages with Constant Contact? This is the 2nd mailing that I know of and would like to know what that costs.
Both of these messages were done as part of the marketing committee and neither has anything to do with marketing IMHO.
The club could be doing these mailk9ings for free - gratis! So why do we need to be paying anybody for this. Marketing dollars should go towards actual marketing.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote