Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #113
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It's not a motion yet, the approved motion was only to bring the report to the IBT. Someone will have to make a motion, if it is the committee it will not need a second. I think. I don't know if they can change anything without sending it back to the units or their presidents or delegate for a vote. Someone help me out. This would be a change to the constitution and what is then required to pass it? Discussion from the floor from members would probably be far less because of who would be in attendance at the mid-winter IBT rally.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
It is foolishness like this backhanded dealing that warrants the movement of Forrest McClure's amendment to separate the creation of bylaws and the power to pass on the constitutionality of those bylaws from the IBT and place it in the hands of the Deligates.

You may want to read up on this amendment

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-59520.html

After which time you may want to look to

defendwally.org

and see how you can help curtail future such misconduct.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #115
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Membership is defined in the Constitution of the club.
Quote:
ARTICLE VI
QUALIFICATIONS OF MEMBERS
Sec. 1 An adult who owns a hard sided recreational vehicle manufactured by Airstream, Inc. shall be eligible for membership. (6/30/06)
Changes to the constitution would have to be approved by a 2/3 vote of the delegates. The earliest this could be done would be June 30, 2011 in De Quoin, IL.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #116
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Richard. I wonder how this committee will find out how the membership feels to present the report to the IBT at the midwinter. Or perhaps that is a formality to precede the motion regardless. Why would anyone think in this short time membership would have changed their minds? I don't think they do think membership has changed its minds. I think some influential members are influencing other IBT members to keep at this. Isn't there a way to insure the same motion does not come up for a length of time if and when this fails again? If this is legit it was a waste of time except for mouth service and placation. They don't have to study the acceptance they already know it is not acceptable to the majority. Futile exercise to absolve themselves from the ire of some PIPs, or is there some fancy flim flam that could get this turned about if we are not careful? Why has Larry Huttle, chairman of Airstream (?) opened the door again? Where does this originate really? With all the business and improvements that time and expense could be devoted to in doing their best for the membership this is what comes up again. And it seems clear to me why it was reintroduced as a members' action and not their own. But it remains to be seen. I don't think it will take much longer to be validated. I want to know which unit of region 4 did not want the motorhome issue revisited...just like Maggie and Howie want to know. It is very interesting to study the club's governance and stay informed. It is the members' responsibility and is good to step up.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Thanks Richard. I wonder how this committee will find out how the membership feels to present the report to the IBT at the midwinter. Or perhaps that is a formality to precede the motion regardless. Why would anyone think in this short time membership would have changed their minds? I don't think they do think membership has changed its minds. I think some influential members are influencing other IBT members to keep at this. Isn't there a way to insure the same motion does not come up for a length of time if and when this fails again?
While I disagree with this probable motion, I don't want a limitation on re-presenting a motion. This would have prevented the new definition of alternate delegate and the revised requirements for numbered caravans from reappearing also. One passed and one still failed.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
While I disagree with this probable motion, I don't want a limitation on re-presenting a motion. This would have prevented the new definition of alternate delegate and the revised requirements for numbered caravans from reappearing also. One passed and one still failed.

Bill

I don't know if the motion is as much a problem as the way it was presented. Motions are made and voted on as a routine in conducting meetings. On the other hand lieing about votes and misrepresenting members is another issue. This if proven true should be a cause of grievance filed by leadership if the ever was one. Removal from office and even suspension would be appropriate for misuse of ones official position.

Just my opinion, Dan
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post

Bill
Bill that is a great perspective on that issue that never came to my mind. I agree with you. It makes sense not to add a provsion that could be more harmful than helpful.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I don't know if the motion is as much a problem as the way it was presented. Motions are made and voted on as a routine in conducting meetings. On the other hand lieing about votes and misrepresenting members is another issue. This if proven true should be a cause of grievance filed by leadership if the ever was one. Removal from office and even suspension would be appropriate for misuse of ones official position.

Just my opinion, Dan
Dan I think you have hit on a big part of the issue. I'm hoping for clarification asap and hopefully archived in the past at the time of the vote.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:

Just my opinion, Dan
This was my thought, but I smacked my own fingers earlier to keep from suggesting sanctions against Turner if he misrepresented the origin of and support for this Motion. However, now that you have made the suggestion, I will agree with it.

Had one email back from a Region 4 Unit President, regarding the representations made about this Motion, who stated "I'm looking into this.."

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #122
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
... This if proven true should be a cause of grievance filed by leadership if the ever was one. ... Just my opinion, Dan
Oh, groan. Too many folks are slap-happy with grievances. Just show that the guy was "creating facts" and allow the IP to hold up action on appointing a committee, as per the motion.
Lynn
Old 07-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
"Creating Facts'
As soon as I read that I thought of the movie "Soylent Green" and looked up some of the quotes from it.
Soylent Green (1973) - Memorable quotes.
There are some good ones but none as good as "Creating Facts".

Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I am willing to wait till some more responses come back or the region 4 prez offers an explanation before reaching any conclusions.
However I am curious to know if he has a motorhome. Anyone know?
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #125
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Any word yet from region 4 officers or members?

photography
Old 07-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #126
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
This is a reply I got from one of the Region #4 unit Presidents. Read it closely and see if you think they have any idea of when, where or how this vote was taken. We are now dealing with "Creative Facts" and "Vague Recollection"

Howard...

As I remember, this issue came up a while ago and our unit voted unanimously in favor of it. We still fully support this motion

Closed Thread