Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #161
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Let me just point out that having an official Committee look into this idea and report out at the next Mid-Winter IBT meeting makes this more whole activity transparent to the members of WBCCI. That is a good thing.

Yes, the club has a relationship with Airstream and Thor could have done this behind closed doors where the membership would have had no idea that anything was going on. That would probably have got everyone even more up in arms.

Let's just let this go for now and not make more of it than there really is. Knowing that this activity is going on we can monitor the progress. Beating up the club for stating what they are going to study publicly serves no useful purpose.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
You make that sound as if they are at the Airstream Factory. The club office is down the street and it has been a number of years since the company Airstream gave financial support to your club. Thor is not located in Jackson Center Ohio either, just one of many RV companies they own is.
My understanding was that Airstream gave them office space. I did understand that to be at JC, but thanks for clarifying.

Maggie
Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #163
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A little birdie sent me this link.

Contact

Thor Corporate Headquarters are at Airstream Corporate Headquarters at Jackson Center. They even share a P.O. Box.

It all gets curiouser and curiouser.

Maggie
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #164
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
It sounds like they are going to ask Airstream if they will allow their name to be put on an SOB albeit the mother company it still is not an Airstream. And as in the discussion it was reiterated that Airstream refused before and wanted no part of guaranteeing another Thor division product.

. . . What happens when the next person thinks their motorhome has timed out or if a person of that motorhome model wants to be in WBCCI (lord only would know why though...)or any other motorhome owner, for that matter. Is Airstream to put on trim and a badge per custom order on a different brand motorhome whenever someone wants a new one? Wasn't it Thor that pulled the plug on the anniversary iconic shaped Airstream motorhome and new factory in favor of a Thor corporate office but now they will sell some of their boxed brands to AS for the WBCCI?
Maybe the EC7 is also working in deep background on a proposal to change the club name from the Wally Byam Caravan Club International to the Airstream Decal Club International?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Will they continue the deep discount program for the SOB models to officers as they did with the Airstream motorhomes? So many questions and no way to have them answered. Hmmm. A fortuitous accident perhaps? Pay your dues and pick up a decal and voila the SOB instantly becomes a sanctioned Airstream. What's more cozy still is not only can they stay in the club but they can still continue to run it. They can still be IBT, or even EC7 and preside from their special places.
Bingo!!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #165
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Ottawa , Ontario
Does anyone know when (or if) the audio of the IBT meetings at the International will be posted (archived)? I was out of contact during the meetings and I would very much like to listen to what went on.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Thor Corp has it's offices at 803 E Pike St. Jackson Center Ohio.
WBCCI has it's headquarters at 419 W Pike St Jackson Center Ohio.
WBCCI does have a PO Box #612

Yes there used to be a financial relationship between Airstream Corp and WBCCI but that relationship was severed several years ago.

IP used to get Demo models for a year and could purchase them at the end of the year at a severe discount. Airstream used to support the Club directly to the tone of $100,000.00 per year.

This type of relationship made good business sense when the Club had 20,000 plus members but now it would not provide any measurable return to the Company and has been dropped.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Thor Corp has it's offices at 803 E Pike St. Jackson Center Ohio.
WBCCI has it's headquarters at 419 W Pike St Jackson Center Ohio.
WBCCI does have a PO Box #612
Thor and Airstream share an address and P.O. Box, was the point.

Maggie
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #168
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Maggie
Maggie,

Thor's corporate headquarters are in Jackson Center, OH. The top executives are in NYC.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #169
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Maggie
I am not quite sure 2 locations on the same street 3 blocks apart and on opposite side of the street constitutes sharing and address. Jackson Center is small but the post office has some standards they operate with.

Other than a few pictures of past Presidents of WBCCI hanging on the wall as you enter the Airstream plant I don't think there is any current relationship between the 2 corporations.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #170
Rivet Master

ON to new business:

Lets set some parameters, it seems inevitable.
Re-badged Thor motorhomes as Airstreams or any other Class A Coach.

For current WBCCI members in good standing currently owning trailer or motorhome.
No past WBCCI members wanting to rejoin in a re-badged THOR or other Class A coach.
New re-badged THOR/other Class A WBCCI member to be treated as current affilate Unit member.
NO Voting privledges
NO officer positons, must resign upon purchasing re-badged coach
NO membership issued to Used purchaser to join WBCCI when re-badged coach is re-sold.

Just a few thoughts.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #171
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
Does anyone know when (or if) the audio of the IBT meetings at the International will be posted (archived)? I was out of contact during the meetings and I would very much like to listen to what went on.
Headquarters has said that a transcript should be out by the 16th of July. I think we will have to call to get it.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #172
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
ON to new business:

For current WBCCI members in good standing currently owning trailer or motorhome.
No past WBCCI members wanting to rejoin in a re-badged THOR or other Class A coach.
New re-badged THOR/other Class A WBCCI member to be treated as current affilate Unit member.
NO Voting privledges

NO membership issued to Used purchaser to join WBCCI when re-badged coach is re-sold.

Just a few thoughts.
One could clearly get the impression you want to take the Goodies away from the current leadership.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #173
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Question

How about a minimum membership of ten years as a TRUE airstream ownership

Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #174
Rivet Master

Naaah, where did you ever get that impression? They say their current Class A motorhomes are too old and costly to maintain. They say, its all about fun, friends and fellowship. So, let's allow them a new motorhome. These are just a few tiny restrictions, not a bother, 'cause they will have a new coach.
Is this unfair?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #175
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I am not quite sure 2 locations on the same street 3 blocks apart and on opposite side of the street constitutes sharing and address. Jackson Center is small but the post office has some standards they operate with.

Other than a few pictures of past Presidents of WBCCI hanging on the wall as you enter the Airstream plant I don't think there is any current relationship between the 2 corporations.
Well, if you look at the link for Thor, the addresses and PO Boxes are the same for Thor and Airstream, that's all I'm sayin'.

Maggie
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #176
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:

Maggie is talking about Thor and Airstream. Howie you are talkiing about WBCCI and Airstream.

photography
Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #177
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
ON to new business:

NO Voting privledges

Just a few thoughts.
I definitely think some parameters would have to be set up too. But I'm going to go with if it's okay for some then it's ok for all. As one person pointed out what if further down the road he will need to move from a trailer to a motorhome. It shouldn't matter what the reason, who you are or what you own or when this happens. It's either OK or it's not. KISS Also there is nothing about a sob that makes it an Airstream with or without a badge. If non-Airstreams are going to be allowed into the club then all should be allowed into the club. I agree with making a separate associate membership with no voting and no holding office and a parking area designated for associates. We already have segregated parking at the Internationals according to presidents row, VAC, pets, generators, caravans...um presidents row is not to be that caravan area either, no sobs in the front places, to the rear of the concourse, just like Tin Can Tourists.

Just tell me what is it about non Airstream owners that want to be in an Airstream club anyway? I guess for practical purposes those types have moved on from loving Airstreams a long long time ago. Why should those types be the Airstream leaders? Makes absolutely no sense. If it's about their friends wont their friends still see them anymore if they aren't in the club?

photography
Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #178
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Lets look at an example of allowing none Airstreamers into an Airstream only system.

Traveler Rest in Fl. used to be an All Airstream Resort. Several years back during the last recession the attendance started to drop off. A vote was take to allow None Airstream unit in and to allow them to purchase lots. The Resort is now close to 75/25 and a major distinction is becoming apparent. The None Airstreamers are not the type that volunteer towards to support of the Resort activities, clubs, planning, the Snack Shop, and set up and clean up of activities in the hall. They prefer to enjoy the comforts without the work. Travelers Rest is still functioning but as the ratio increases in favor of None Airstreamers the Resort will deteriorate or cost will increase to offset the reduction in volunteerism.

Now that said there are quite a number of PIPs and other current Leaders that winter at Travelers Rest. After they get their SOBs which side will they support? Maybe Gold Row Seating in the hall Saturday night without the expectation of having to help put the chairs away after the show.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #179
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
An interesting twist from someone that was in attendance at the IBT meeting. This was posted on my units Group Site.

I was at the meeting, at International, when Larry Huddle promoted the
motorhome idea again.

He made it very clear that Thor would be happy to make an "Airstream"
badged Mandalay.....

Very clear!

He said anytime that the WBCCI members want one they will start turning
them out....

There was a smattering of applause.
End Quote

Looks like the STUDY will be short and sweet, or a quoted above VERY CLEAR

Old 07-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #180
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Mandalay is willing to put Airstream writing on a Mandalay body? Perhaps... But isn't that kind of tacky? Apparently anything for a buck these days. Airstream will you really allow your brand to be besmirched like that? There goes our values and the neighborhood. Wait where's the awards? Give these people a hand and the Airstream chairman too. I'd say it might just be perfect for those who enjoy special recognition. Where's that spotlight? This is silly. Just give 'em a big "A" and let them wear it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bald%20Heads.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	106686  
Attached Images

photography
Closed Thread