Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #101
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
"This motion came from Region 4 units, was approved by the Region 4 Board, 13 out of 14 units voted 'yes'."

"Since this motion is a motion to create a committee to study only and since it has come from the membership and 13 of 14 units approved it, I would support this."

"I would like to support what Louise had to say about it. This is to appoint a committee and they would bring a report, not a motion, a report to the winter IBT on what options, Larry Huttle opened this door. He was at our May region rally and he's been talking to Thor and going through one of their divisions to try to solve this problem."

All this discussion about the motion makes it sound as if this could and should have been on the agenda. If Larry Huttle opened the door in May at the region rally he was more than likely approached before then.

I want to know when the members of the units got approached about this. The Region 4 unit majority was stated as fact and then built upon during further discussion and reaffirmed by the motion maker. If 12 unit presidents approved this on behalf of their unit members then I would like to see that verified and ask why it was kept quiet from their members.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
"This motion came from Region 4 units, was approved by the Region 4 Board, 13 out of 14 units voted 'yes'."

"Since this motion is a motion to create a committee to study only and since it has come from the membership and 13 of 14 units approved it, I would support this."

"I would like to support what Louise had to say about it. This is to appoint a committee and they would bring a report, not a motion, a report to the winter IBT on what options, Larry Huttle opened this door. He was at our May region rally and he's been talking to Thor and going through one of their divisions to try to solve this problem."

All this discussion about the motion makes it sound as if this could and should have been on the agenda. If Larry Huttle opened the door in May at the region rally he was more than likely approached before then.

I want to know when the members of the units got approached about this. The Region 4 unit majority was stated as fact and then built upon during further discussion and reaffirmed by the motion maker. If 12 unit presidents approved this on behalf of their unit members then I would like to see that verified and ask why it was kept quiet from their members.
Exactly, and thank-you, Transcriber-Extraordinaire.

It was not last minute, it appears to have been quite deliberate.

The information on which unit presidents in Region 4 approved this has got to be accessible and public for other members. How to we obtain that information?

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #103
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Exactly, and thank-you, Transcriber-Extraordinaire.

It was not last minute, it appears to have been quite deliberate.

The information on which unit presidents in Region 4 approved this has got to be accessible and public for other members. How to we obtain that information?

Maggie
Maggie,

You write all of the international officers and the region 4 president requesting that information.

It would be interesting to see what response would be received if all those concerned about this matter wrote them requesting additional information.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Maggie,

You write all of the international officers and the region 4 president requesting that information.

It would be interesting to see what response would be received if all those concerned about this matter wrote them requesting additional information.

Bill
Hmmm, I think I'll write the Region 4 President, as it was his motion and his representation that it "came from the members" and "13 of his 14 units passed this".

I'll report back here.

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
As mentioned before, I wrote the 2nd VP of each of the region #4 units asking them if they were the dissenting unit. So far those that have responded never even heard the subject mentioned at the unit level.

Looks like the Region #4 President may have had an Epiphany.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #106
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sorry, HowieE, if I am duplicating your earlier efforts, as I did not recall you stating this.

I have sent the following email to the 11 Region 4 Unit Presidents who have an email address listed on their website. Did not find one for John Turner.

"Greetings Region 4 Unit Presidents,

On July 5th, John Turner, as President of Region 4, moved that the IBT create a committee and that the International President appoint the committee members to study the acceptance of a Class A motorhome manufactured by Thor Manufacturing into the WBCCI for current and past members.

Turner asked that this move forward as soon as possible as it would be beneficial if the committee could bring a report to the mid-winter IBT in January 2011. He further stated that his motion came from the membership of Region 4 units, was approved by the Region 4 Board, and that 13 out of 14 Region 4 units voted 'yes'."

As a WBCCI member who is aware of the controversy of this issue within the WBCCI, and that it was defeated several years ago, it is puzzling to me that this was not properly on the Agenda July 5 and that because of this the general WBCCI membership was unaware it was coming up. We are all aware of how seriously the trust in and credibility of the IBT has suffered in recent years, and so it is important to clarify this matter to avoid further damage.

As Unit Presidents for Region 4, I am asking that you advise me as to the history of this issue in your Unit. Specifically, was it presented to your members and when did that occur, also what and when their vote on the matter was, if that occurred.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter."

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Go for it Maggie.

You should at least get a Cease and Desist Letter from one of their lawyers for using those secret e mail addresses with have first used your decoder ring for permission.

My Cease and Desist letter is framed and hanging in the bathroom as an inspiration when I need one.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #108
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Was this motion on the agenda for the Region 4 rally this past May and did the Region 4 membership have any notice that it would be discussed and voted upon?

Was there in fact a Moho motion that was voted on at the Region 4 rally this past May?
I hope this information will be forthcoming. These are all the right questions. Thanks mistral

Maggie and Howie we all appreciate your efforts to continue to find the answers.

Rick I wonder what an artifical errorstream decal will look like. For those who want to stay with the Airstream icon I should like this for my decal. So those SOB PIPs need a new badge to make their personal agendas "legal"? Can we use the club's lawyer to find out about not circumventing the club's premise of a single brand recreation club for the members' protection? And the IBT wants validation for delegates and alternates and candidates, pulleeze. Now who is being disingenuous?
Attached Images

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #109
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Go for it Maggie.

You should at least get a Cease and Desist Letter from one of their lawyers for using those secret e mail addresses with have first used your decoder ring for permission.

My Cease and Desist letter is framed and hanging in the bathroom as an inspiration when I need one.
Well, their email addresses are posted on the Unit website, which is public, so I am not anticipating an issue with using them for WBCCI business.

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #110
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Just forwarded the email to Region 4 Unit Presidents on to John Turner, Region 4 President and maker of the Motion, courtesy of a pm-provided email address for John.

No responses yet, will keep y'all advised.

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I did email each posted unit president as listed on the Region 4 web site and asked what was voted on. Waiting for replies now... I did this last night.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I did email each posted unit president as listed on the Region 4 web site and asked what was voted on. Waiting for replies now... I did this last night.
This is not looking as if there is going to be a positive outcome.

At the Mid-Winter, only the IBT will vote on recommendations of the committee on this Motion, correct? Delegates don't go to these?

Maggie
Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #113
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It's not a motion yet, the approved motion was only to bring the report to the IBT. Someone will have to make a motion, if it is the committee it will not need a second. I think. I don't know if they can change anything without sending it back to the units or their presidents or delegate for a vote. Someone help me out. This would be a change to the constitution and what is then required to pass it? Discussion from the floor from members would probably be far less because of who would be in attendance at the mid-winter IBT rally.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
It is foolishness like this backhanded dealing that warrants the movement of Forrest McClure's amendment to separate the creation of bylaws and the power to pass on the constitutionality of those bylaws from the IBT and place it in the hands of the Deligates.

You may want to read up on this amendment

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-59520.html

After which time you may want to look to

defendwally.org

and see how you can help curtail future such misconduct.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #115
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Membership is defined in the Constitution of the club.
Quote:
ARTICLE VI
QUALIFICATIONS OF MEMBERS
Sec. 1 An adult who owns a hard sided recreational vehicle manufactured by Airstream, Inc. shall be eligible for membership. (6/30/06)
Changes to the constitution would have to be approved by a 2/3 vote of the delegates. The earliest this could be done would be June 30, 2011 in De Quoin, IL.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #116
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Richard. I wonder how this committee will find out how the membership feels to present the report to the IBT at the midwinter. Or perhaps that is a formality to precede the motion regardless. Why would anyone think in this short time membership would have changed their minds? I don't think they do think membership has changed its minds. I think some influential members are influencing other IBT members to keep at this. Isn't there a way to insure the same motion does not come up for a length of time if and when this fails again? If this is legit it was a waste of time except for mouth service and placation. They don't have to study the acceptance they already know it is not acceptable to the majority. Futile exercise to absolve themselves from the ire of some PIPs, or is there some fancy flim flam that could get this turned about if we are not careful? Why has Larry Huttle, chairman of Airstream (?) opened the door again? Where does this originate really? With all the business and improvements that time and expense could be devoted to in doing their best for the membership this is what comes up again. And it seems clear to me why it was reintroduced as a members' action and not their own. But it remains to be seen. I don't think it will take much longer to be validated. I want to know which unit of region 4 did not want the motorhome issue revisited...just like Maggie and Howie want to know. It is very interesting to study the club's governance and stay informed. It is the members' responsibility and is good to step up.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Thanks Richard. I wonder how this committee will find out how the membership feels to present the report to the IBT at the midwinter. Or perhaps that is a formality to precede the motion regardless. Why would anyone think in this short time membership would have changed their minds? I don't think they do think membership has changed its minds. I think some influential members are influencing other IBT members to keep at this. Isn't there a way to insure the same motion does not come up for a length of time if and when this fails again?
While I disagree with this probable motion, I don't want a limitation on re-presenting a motion. This would have prevented the new definition of alternate delegate and the revised requirements for numbered caravans from reappearing also. One passed and one still failed.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
While I disagree with this probable motion, I don't want a limitation on re-presenting a motion. This would have prevented the new definition of alternate delegate and the revised requirements for numbered caravans from reappearing also. One passed and one still failed.

Bill

I don't know if the motion is as much a problem as the way it was presented. Motions are made and voted on as a routine in conducting meetings. On the other hand lieing about votes and misrepresenting members is another issue. This if proven true should be a cause of grievance filed by leadership if the ever was one. Removal from office and even suspension would be appropriate for misuse of ones official position.

Just my opinion, Dan
Old 07-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:

Bill
Bill that is a great perspective on that issue that never came to my mind. I agree with you. It makes sense not to add a provsion that could be more harmful than helpful.

photography
Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I don't know if the motion is as much a problem as the way it was presented. Motions are made and voted on as a routine in conducting meetings. On the other hand lieing about votes and misrepresenting members is another issue. This if proven true should be a cause of grievance filed by leadership if the ever was one. Removal from office and even suspension would be appropriate for misuse of ones official position.

Just my opinion, Dan
Dan I think you have hit on a big part of the issue. I'm hoping for clarification asap and hopefully archived in the past at the time of the vote.

photography
Closed Thread