Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #241
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
the handful of folks that you referrer to, can do nothing, or email Dona.
Oh, I think there's more than a handful, Bob, and you're the one trying to walk point on all this on these Forums.

Maggie
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #242
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
An interesting observation. The renewal form for the WDCU unit ask for individuals Airforums user name. No mention of the WBCCI forum. Is that saying something or not.

What Forum does your unit consider relevant?
So far as I know our unit is not even "forum aware" of course with only 2 meeting a year it is hard to tell. Some individuals probably do follow this.
It has been quite a while since i have seen a post by any of our unit members on any forum
With out a members section the wbcci forum serves little purpose at this time.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #243
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I really don't think there are 6000 happy members. There is a large silent majority who pay no attention to these things,However there is also a fair number who don't see another committee addressing the bylaws as much of a solution. It can address some of the problems, but not all and if the first we hear of what they are doing is at midwinters things will move at the usual snails pace, if at all. ( ex. 2020 committee)
Rick, do you understand what a revision is?
Does anyone?

I think I'll post what means in the bylaws thread soon.

Not too many know why they didn't didn't fair well, but it had more to do with the committee than the IBT, can't get into that here.

Quote:
If there were interim progress reports, agendas, or what have you I would feel better about the whole thing. After all, there are supposed to be all those "go to meeting" meetings going on.
I was told there will be.

Quote:
I have considered putting together some ideas and sending them to Dona but feel I need to see how some other things shake out first.
I think you risk missing the boat Rick, the changes are being drafted thru Dec., if you snooze you lose.

Quote:
None of this is going to get Leo back in, and keep him in
Are you and Carol not understanding res judicata?
Leo is out for about 18 more months

Quote:
) It probably also would not address the wbcci web site mess that continues as I write this.
Don't be too sure

Old 09-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Oh, I think there's more than a handful, Bob, and you're the one trying to walk point on all this on these Forums.

Maggie
I believe there are 4 other individuals on this committee. Bob happens to be active on this Forum and as such has asked for input. There is no reason to ridicule him until he has proven to go against those who have presented legitimate ideas towards improving things. He should not have to be spending his time now defending himself or the committee.

Maggie you where one of the most vocal advocating negotiation over legal action. That opportunity is now on the table. It will take some time to determine if the offer to participate was sincere or a political ploy to stall of change. Yes the 2020 committee was just that but this committee did not originate from within the IBT and should not be judged as such.

Rather than sit out there and hurl invectives those voicing criticism should be advising their units that this committee has been formed and is seeking input. It will not be presented in the BB, It will not be promoted by the traveling elite. "D+mn +t" if you want this club to survive and changes are required to have that happen get behind this.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #245
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Howie there has been NO negotiation. No one ridicules Bob they just right out criticize him for his disingenious statements! Can't get much clearer than that. You did read the IP's letter didn't you saying there is no connection whatsoever between the appointment of the chair and the withdrawal of the suit? You aren't ridiculing the IP are you? So Bob's on the committee. That has nothing to do with Defend Wally. Hope he does well on his endeavor. Now that you're back Howie I hope you post on the lawsuit thread as a team member of Defend Wally. The supporters are wondering what is up after it became known that there was no negotiation for the lawsuit as we were told. Please clarify. That is a big deal and seems worth at least a mention from you , don't you think? And where is the web site? This isn't a committee thread.

photography
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #246
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
I believe there are 4 other individuals on this committee. Bob happens to be active on this Forum and as such has asked for input. There is no reason to ridicule him until he has proven to go against those who have presented legitimate ideas towards improving things. He should not have to be spending his time now defending himself or the committee.

Maggie you where one of the most vocal advocating negotiation over legal action. That opportunity is now on the table. It will take some time to determine if the offer to participate was sincere or a political ploy to stall of change. Yes the 2020 committee was just that but this committee did not originate from within the IBT and should not be judged as such.

Rather than sit out there and hurl invectives those voicing criticism should be advising their units that this committee has been formed and is seeking input. It will not be presented in the BB, It will not be promoted by the traveling elite. "D+mn +t" if you want this club to survive and changes are required to have that happen get behind this.
My issues are not with the committee, they are with Bob. He doesn't get a clean slate.

Trust me---if you think I'm "hurling invectives", I have been very restrained.

Maggie
Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #247
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Leo is out for about 18 more months
It would appear to me the way around that one is the way the government handles it.

A "Presidential Pardon"
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 09-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #248
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Do you understand Bob that if one accepted res judicata that an appeal or a lawsuit challenging the decision would never have been necessary and that not accepting the decision against Leo was why there was a collection for a DEFENSE FUND and if it were res judicata that the solicitation of money for a lawsuit would be unethical and ineffectual?

On February 11, 2010 in post #28 you said that Leo should sue the club for his expulsion in the thread linked below, "Leo G. Terminated."

In post #32 also on February 11, 2010, you said that equal justice only happens in court.

On the 20th of February in post #119, you told me specifically to set up a Leo G Legal Defense Fund and that I would be wasting my time trying to petition the IBT.

So tell us Bob why did you tell us to do those things and lead Defend Wally? Let's have some real answers this time and not a punt with criticism about my questions or any one else's.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ted-61430.html

photography
Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #249
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
How many times have you told us, Bob, that the lawsuit was not about reinstating Leo? And yet the proof is right here. How many times have you used aggressive language and discrediting tactics as a distraction to avoid your own culpability for your actions when confronted? You can keep changing your stories until you haven't an audience left to listen but the facts remain here there and every where across the forum of what you did to Leo, Defend Wally, Save Wally, Metro New York, the contributors of the defense fund and all the members of the forum and WBCCI who have been subjected to the needless theatrics and self serving posts and actions you have displayed as these events have played out. If any one is guilty of breeching a code of ethics it is certainly you for promoting disharmony and division among all of us including friends and still continuing to taunt and besmirch others in attempts to elevate your claims of virtue at the expense of others. And the be nice rule goes for all of us me and Howie too. Let's not forget ourselves and what is important.

photography
Old 09-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
This came in from the IP news letter just after my last post and I post it here for those interested parties not on the WBCCI mailing list.

1. The Constitution and Bylaws Revision Special Committee is taking shape. Approved during the International Convention/Rally at Gillette, WY on July 5, 2010, the Committee includes:
· Dona Garner, Committee Chairman and WBCCI Parliamentarian
· Kerry Mattila, President , Ontario Canada Unit
· Joe Perryman, 1 VP, Region 10
· Bob Novak, Member, Metro New York Unit
· Tom Smithson, 1VP, Northern California Unit

Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #251
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Happy?

Quote:
we have 6,000 happy members that are satisfied with the status quo.

Not me. Anyone else not happy? If so join me in the post to show those who have their heads in the sand. (And I am being KIND here)

LI who are you kidding? Not me......................
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 09-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Not happy.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #253
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Not happy.
WBCCI #9632
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #254
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
Not me. Anyone else not happy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Not happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Not happy.
Ok what changes in the bylaws would you folks like to see in the club?

Please explain here

Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #255
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
You have GOT to be kidding

Quote:
Ok what changes in the bylaws would you folks like to see in the club?

Please explain here
Bob, you are the LAST guy I'm providing information to.

Oh I know the bylaws will change, not for the better..................

Still not happy and I know my head is not up, oops.... in the sand.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Closed Thread