Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
After doing some reading. I understand flag display in all of the above post except the fire trucks.

How about the fire trucks?

And I guess that stars and stripes in other forms do not constitute being a flag so do not fall under the flag guidelines.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
Thanks, Jim

Old 01-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

Another great reason (#27?) to avoid the WBCCI. Darol
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I guess we need to have a unit president actually post Rule 8 that he received from HQ, here so we all know what is really going on. I would think a properly displayed flag on a float would seem to be approriate to me. I noticed the "Flag Fireman" above does not list his WBCCI number in his profile, so he may not be a member or has seen Rule 8.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #33
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
My Fellow Alumilovers,

Quite Right about my non-membership. I'm new to Airstream and was considering membership, then began reading about all the Byzantine rules and leadership foolishness. [See my comments in the "Tuxedo" thread.]
I've not read "Rule 8" but this 1 US flag rule is pretty much a givin at all the bigger parades. The small town parades usually have a much more relaxed attitude.

I wish the adults in the crowd would model proper flag respect for the youngsters, but I'm "afeared" it's all a thing of the past. Kind of like the WBCCi leadership, if I'm any judge from this outsider vantage point.

If you folks feel I'm somhow butting in as an outsider, please say so. But since you're discussing "club business" on an open forum, I felt free to kibitz.
As far as I'm concerned THIS FORUM is the tops for Airstream "belonging", that's why I'm a supporting member here.

Happy Trails
John/N2XBW
Run-On Sentnces be Dammed!
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Flags, the WBCCI and Freedom of Speach

First, N2XBW you are free to say/type about anything you want about anything, this is America! (Even if you are not a WBCCI member ) The issue of freedom is a key here, we should be able to display the US flag however we want without fear of being told we are not correct. Donít get me wrong, I donít want to see the flag burning or defaced in any way. BUT as an American I have the right to display the US flag as I see fit even in a parade! Rules are one thing, protocol is another, but personal freedom is the cornerstone of this country. I just wish the IBT of the WBCCI would see that.

Now, as far as your lack of WBCCI membership, you really need to come join us! We need people like you with us and I think you would enjoy our outings. You donít even need to park next to a radical like me to have fun! WBCCI politics is a very very small part of the whole club, Heck I hang with a number of Caravaners that have no interest in the politics of the club and they still like my company!

Me I like it, have been in the middle of it for some time and just canít seem to help myself speaking out when I see something that just does not make sense.(or I see it killing the club). To each his own, but I think you would like it, lots of good people having a good time and they even invite the likes of me to join them!

One last comment, I live in town that brags it has the largest Flag Day Parade in the country. Regardless of how the flag is displayed, we all stand through the whole thing in respect. There are hundreds of flags throughout it. The key is donít wear a hat, youíll kill yourself taking it off!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
Very good Ed. John, you should consider joining the WBCCI, You might find yourself having alot of fun. I know you will meet alot of great people.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
I second what Ed and Allen have said here John. The WBCCI is more about having fun with friends than the politics. A few of us are interested in making meaningful changes and we enjoy stirring things up. For the most part, WBCCI members just get together, have a good time, and learn from each other. Please consider becoming a member. Find a good unit to affiliate with and be a part of the fun.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin

I asked my Unit President if I could get parade rule #8, it is listed below:
In the parade rules #8 reads:

"AMERICAN, CANADIAN, AND MEXICAN LAGS will not be used in conjunction with, nor carried with parade entries. These flags will be used in the Color Guard which precedes the parade."

I'm still not sure what that is all about...........................
Old 01-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
They did not seem to give us any reason they dictated such a rule. Whoever they are? They must have had some logic they used, but it does not seem to following the traditions of any local 4th of July parade I have been to. All the parades I have been to had an American flag in front of every marching group. Most of the Floats had red white and blue bunting.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Like I said once before, I might join just for the shear entertainment! No American Flags in a Fourth of July Parade! ha ha ha ho ho he. Um, is this parade in the United States or China or North Korea? Next they'll say you gotta wear Tuxedos to a camping convention.
Perry
N7YS
Old 02-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Wink Wear it low

SNIP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
how 'bout a float with naked people flying tuxedos?
cheers
2air'
I'd like to be on that float, but I'm kinda shy. Could I just wear the cumberbund?

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #41
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by denellen
I'd like to be on that float, but I'm kinda shy. Could I just wear the cumberbund?
sure.

or u can b the driver,

'n sit on yer buns...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #42
1 Rivet Member

Fourth of July Parade

One Man's Opinion

Please note rule #8 for the 4th of July parade at Bozeman

Rule 8
8. AMERICAN, CANADIAN AND MEXICAN FLAGS will not be used in conjunction with, nor carried with parade entries. These flags will be used in the Color Guard which precedes the parade.

The leadership of WBCCI is encouraging members to build a float, make signs, wear costumes, or whatever and march in the 4th of July parade.

But no flags on the 4th of July - no American flags on the 4th of July - wait a minute, let me say that again - no American flags on the 4th of July.

Has political correctness taken over the current leadership of our little camping club? Who could we possibly offend on the 4th of July - in the good old USA - by waving the flag.

Would Wally see danger with Mexican, Canadian, and (God forbid) American flags on the 4th of July? I think not - that rustling sound you hear is Wally turning over so he could better pen a request to Jackson Center asking that the (WB) be removed from our club's name.

Does that rule really make you want to enter? There is a mischievous side of me that pictures the Connecticut Club, better yet (ALL CLUBS), carrying either the largest possible Stars & Stripes, the Maple Leaf, or the La Bandera de Mťxico
as every entry, however, with fuel prices as they are, I have no extra money for bail.

Aside from the above suggestion -which I believe would be great fun, we must pay close attention to the people we elect to the nominating committee. Do they support a single brand club and modernization of WBCCI? We can not afford to continue having a leadership with the mindset this parade rule displays.

Richard Kushman #1442
Charter Oak Connecticut
Airstream Owners Club
rich.kath@snet.net
Charter Oak Connecticut Ľ Home