Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
A few benefits

One of the biggest benefits I just found out for a Rally I hosted. That is Liability Insurance. I just had my unit send in the paperwork and WBCCI sent me a Liability certificate, thus allowing me to utilize the local towns park and it allowed us to enjoy Happy Hour there - alcohol was allowed with the certificate and without it, we would not have been able to enjoy things such as wine / beer during Happy Hour or dinner, or just sitting around the fire. I did not know they put up the Insurance for such things.

Another fine one is the Courtesy Parking, which I use alot. People are listed in the Annual Guide. I am probably going to use it next week in New Jersey with the new Argosy on it's maiden voyage.

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:42 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Why join? Because no matter where you are...you are welcome. Just did an evening with the New England group. They posted their rally inthe forum as well as in the Blue Berret. We knew no one and were instant family.

I know you had said earlier that you did not care to camp with other people, but a/s people are the best.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Joining WBCCI?

While Caravanning to the International and while at the International Rally I had the opportunity to sit in on several discussions about WBCCI membership benefits. There was a consensus that it doesn't take long for the friendships developed through WBCCI functions to take on the importance of a second family for many of us. I hadn't really thought much about it before, but I view attending the International Rally in much the same way as attending a family reunion -- I look forward to visiting with my old friends, making new friends, learning of the experiences others have had in their year of travels, and reminiscing about those who are no longer with us.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #24
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Tell the truth

You said it brother!

And another benny is rally locations that are spread across the country and in prime locations like Myrtle Beach SC

See the info here

http://www.airforums.com/forum...highlight=2005
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:52 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
old numbers

hi- I have a related question, and am a newbie so bear with me: my '72 came with traces of the wbcci numbers front and rear. what is the protocol for dealing with this? Do/can I repaint them? Should I erase them out, getting new numbers if I join wbcci? thanks.
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:07 AM   #26
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphan
hi- I have a related question, and am a newbie so bear with me: my '72 came with traces of the wbcci numbers front and rear. what is the protocol for dealing with this? Do/can I repaint them? Should I erase them out, getting new numbers if I join wbcci? thanks.
Tphan,
They are actually stickers...if you want the numbers that currently on the unit contact the WBCCI and see if the numbers are currently available, or have an alternate number that will cover up the one you have. I gave up on that angle my AS has 2-3 sets of ghost numbers and the WBCCI wouldn't let me get 88888
The best way I have found to remove the existing numbers is with a bit of heat, like a blow dryer others use a towel and a steam iron.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:35 AM   #27
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Goof-Off does a good job of removing stickers of any kind. I just wipe a rag heavily dampened with Goof-Off over them a few times and they peel off easily. I then rub off any remaining adhesive with the dampened rag.

I used that method to get rid of all the Bill Thomas decals (3) on my new trailer as well as the Thor sticker and the sticker on the front by the propane tanks. I used it inside the trailer to get rid of all of the frustrating stickers such as those that come on the Corean, backsplash, stove, sinks, and shower.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:43 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
thanks- the stickers are gone, just the outlines remain- might leave the ghosts for a while. Is it OK to put up other numbers without wbcci sanction, like the year of manufacture, or my birth year, address, 007, etc? Just want to know what is considered ok as far as personalizing or decorating the outside goes. Do NOT want to step on wbcci's toes- may end up joining one day.
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Joining WBCCI?

Greetings tphan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphan
thanks- the stickers are gone, just the outlines remain- might leave the ghosts for a while. Is it OK to put up other numbers without wbcci sanction, like the year of manufacture, or my birth year, address, 007, etc? Just want to know what is considered ok as far as personalizing or decorating the outside goes. Do NOT want to step on wbcci's toes- may end up joining one day.
The large red WBCCI numbers identify a member and are not directly related to a particular coach -- the number follows the member for as long as he or she maintains membership in the club. Once a member leaves the club the number is typically allowed to remain inactive for at least two years before reassignment to a new member. If a member owns more than one coach, then the same same number is placed on each coach -- the same numbers appear on both of my coaches.

The coach is yours and how you decorate or embellish the exterior is your choice. If you want to avoid "confusion" you might want to choose a color other than red for numbers you might wish to place on your coach.

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote