Old 04-22-2005, 09:15 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Klein Denkte , Germany
Originally Posted by the ponz
Would you please tell me how your trailer got the name "Dave"?
Well, my wife wanted that we dedicate it to Dave Matthews and the Dave Matthews Band and so we did...It was to dangerous to say no... And I think Dave is a good name, too!

We will take a look at the DC units Page, if they have one. What about the Denver Unit? We got married in Aspen, well actually on Elk Camp, Snowmass (on top of the mountain), maybe that could be another choice...

Thanks for the comments, keep posting.

Björn H. Adam
Wolfenbuettel, Germany

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:02 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Milton , Florida
Why join the WBCCI? I wondered the same thing and have found it well worth the money in the friendships we have developed over the years. The first rally we attended with an Airstream was the international in 1998 in Boisie Idaho. Hooked up with the vintage folks there and felt at home with them. We did not join the local unit at the time because they met at a fairgrounds 3 or 4 times a year and played cards all weekend. Not what we like to do. We now belong to the Pensacola Florida Unit and they are an active bunch that do 13 rallies a year. These are at Mystic Sprins Cove and then there are the the region rallies. My wife and I are some of the younger members there (mid 50's) but fit in well and have a good time. WBCCI is a good group with lots of knowledge you cannot put a price on. Yes they have a structure that not all of us can get involved in to the fullest, but I support those that can. I find meeting the folks that can travel more than I can keep our dream alive. One thing that always got to me were the folks in there 80's and 90's still pulling an Airstream. There is a bit more than just a club involved with these Aluminum trailers. Besides, I get to put the red numbers on our trailer and mess up the clearcoat.

Pensacola is offline   Reply With Quote