Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Montgomery , Texas
We just joined today! We're excited about the big red numbers, and hope to make as many rallies as we can and contribute any way we can. I've not met many folks I can't get along with and have a good time with, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of our unit members. As with most things in life, I think I'll get out as much as I put in.

Dave
DaveMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc View Post
We just joined today! We're excited about the big red numbers, and hope to make as many rallies as we can and contribute any way we can. I've not met many folks I can't get along with and have a good time with, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of our unit members. As with most things in life, I think I'll get out as much as I put in.

Dave
Dave, excellent. Welcome to the club.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
We joined about 10 years ago by sending a check to head quarters who then assigned us to a unit hundreds of miles from home. We had no idea there was a unit near us until we began to read the Blue Beret. We had been twice a year vacation campers with 2 kids for many years. When we transferred our membership to the Palmetto State Unit we made many friends and have enjoyed many outings with them. We also joined the Vintage Intra Club and have benefited by having knowledgeable folks to talk with about maintaining our now 50 year old Airstream. My advice is join the club and check it out. It doesn't cost much but you will get a lot out of it.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
One of the best things about joining is the scheduled activities and it is usually a couple of locals who sponsor a rally so you get to see some of their local interest. We would never have used our trailer as often if we had not been members. Now that I'm solo I try to attend as many activities as I can manage...great friends and super adventures.
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #25
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJRJ View Post
We are wondering about joining the Wally Byam Airsteam Club? Is this beneficial? We are new to the Airstream community...will be picking up our 2017 International Signature in March. Any advice would be appreciated!
March is almost here... a new rig report would be awesome

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Why not give it a try. Go to a rally with other Airstreamers and decide if you like it. With over 6,000 families belonging to over 120 Units there are plenty of events to choose from.
Richard, the "Four Inch Letters" provided by the WBCCI are about 6 inches tall. They do appear to be close to 4 inches wide. What is the official height/width of the letters and how wide are the letter components (i.e. what is the width of the legs of the number 7)... Is there an official source?
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote