Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well let's get this snow out of the way and let the fun begin! I know the Ohio Parks magazine is quite impressive. Those parks would be all new to us but they sound like places of natural beauty and we really like exploring new places.

Lou how do you tell if someone is saying OH as in OH My, or OH as in WKRP in Cincinatti? OH camping! YEA!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Sounds good Mustang! Brad and I are always looking for new places to visit. Ohio is a great destination from our location here in South Eastern Michigan and we have always enjoyed our trips to Ohio.

So far we have camped at Mary's Lake and Hocking Hills and of course the Motherland in Jackson Center. What destinations do you recommend and/or have scheduled for the Akron rallies? We like to hike and take pictures when we aren't eating . Hey we need to walk off those rich potlucks all! And don't forget our fur babies, now that we are older they are family and travel everywhere with us.
Wheel I dont want to hijack this thread, I will private message you. We update our websites events continuously. I do wish the forming group of NOVA good luck, and I would offer any info they might request. I have never been part of forming a new Unit, But have a copy of the WBCCI laws and regs for reffrencing. For me it is all about fellowship no matter what Unit. As I stated earlier, perhaps I will become and affiliate member of this Unit.

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
Loudruff... I was amazed at the improvements at West Branch... The Mohican area has alot of great places to. Pleasant Hill CG is nice... It is realy amazing how many things are so close to home. Some of the CG in Streetsboro are pricey, but convenient for The peninsula and the Virginia Kendal area... There is a bikepath that goes from south of Akron all the way up to cleveland, and a train that parralels the towpath.

PS: My wife and I have missed meeting all of you people to...
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Lou how do you tell if someone is saying OH as in OH My, or OH as in WKRP in Cincinatti? OH camping! YEA!
I think that all of those "OH"s mean Ohio! Be careful with that reference to WKRP...you are too young to know about all of that!! LOL!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Of course we are. LOL!

Alright fellowbabies...a classic WKRP... the Turkey Drop

video Happy Thanksgiving - WKRP Turkey Drop - thanksgiving, happy, wkrp - videos kewego

photography
Old 12-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
While we are talking about WKRP...(this is completly off subject,interest or good taste, but if you know your WKRP you will know this) BOOGER!!!!
(the word that got Dr. Jhonny Fever fired from his previous gig, and also the first word he said on air at WKRP followed by Ted Nugents "Queen of the Forest".)

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
At 5:30 this morning, NOVA reached the minimum of 10 members required to create a new WBCCI unit. Counting our Affiliate Members NOVA is over 20!

We did this in 18 days. While I believe this is great, I really encourage anyone "on the fence" to look further into the WBCCI. Consider NOVA as well as any other unit.

For the next 16 days, the opportunity to be a Charter Member of NOVA will be available. Plus, you will receive a free cool hanging ornament ($56 value)!

Let's go for 10 more members!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The ďOhio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend campingĒ thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Great!!!

Good job, folks! Let's keep it going. We know that there is alot of interest in this type of "club". The more interest that we show, the better!!! We are really looking forward to camping with all of you or getting to know you online!!!
This will be the most expensive ornament on my tree! Good job, Dan!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I just went through 70 (sorry Dan not 700) "Groups" listed on the Facebook search engine for "airstream" and posted 10 or 12 links to the www.campnova.com web site. Maybe this will draw some interest. Does any one use Twitter or Myspace? They might have something similar.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via MSN to Sparty73 Send a message via Yahoo to Sparty73
The check has been put in the mail along with completed required form. Will you post how close you're getting to the needed number?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty73 View Post
The check has been put in the mail along with completed required form. Will you post how close you're getting to the needed number?
I look forward to meeting you! NOVA has reached the minimum number. In fact, we have now surpassed it.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The ďOhio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend campingĒ thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
At 5:30 this morning, NOVA reached the minimum of 10 members required to create a new WBCCI unit. Counting our Affiliate Members NOVA is over 20!

We did this in 18 days. While I believe this is great, I really encourage anyone "on the fence" to look further into the WBCCI. Consider NOVA as well as any other unit.

For the next 16 days, the opportunity to be a Charter Member of NOVA will be available. Plus, you will receive a free cool hanging ornament ($56 value)!

Let's go for 10 more members!

photography
Old 12-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
New WBCCI Unit

Hey Dan,

How do I send my affiliate dues? We're members of a few units along the east coast!

This should be the model for a 50 state realignment of the WBCCI. It will capture all those under 60 who feel that they have nothing in common with their local units! That has the potential to grow the club by 500 in very short order and improve the communication and its affect on the positive side of membership!

Kudos!

Wayne and Linda Moore
VAC/WBCCI 15116
Old 12-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
Olsburg , Kansas
I don't know if age has any thing to do with a new virtual club. It seems as though there will be people in either club that are inflexible, age does not mean a thing! Ageism is a form of discrimination! Other than that have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam52 View Post
How do I send my affiliate dues? We're members of a few units along the east coast!

This should be the model for a 50 state realignment of the WBCCI. It will capture all those under 60 who feel that they have nothing in common with their local units! That has the potential to grow the club by 500 in very short order and improve the communication and its affect on the positive side of membership!

Kudos!

Wayne and Linda Moore
VAC/WBCCI 15116