Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #155
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
Hey Gary:

Any developments with camping at the terra-port in March? I'm anxious to start trying to recruit attendees.
Hi,

As we discussed I'd prefer to do this face to face at the Mothership - I believe this would result in a better reaction. But, haven't been able to get up there this week obviously. Can we wait until mid to end of next week? If not I'll do it by phone before....

Old 01-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #156
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
oh yeah, I forgot that you were going to go over in person. The sooner the better I think considering we're trying to organize something for 2.5 months away, but if you think the response from them we be more favorable in person than I guess it can wait a bit.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #157
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
What Happens

Dan,

What happens if the IBT doesn't approve the NOVA? Just curious. Or do you KNOW that it will get approved... in these times of being in the red, usually things get downsized, not up-sized.. it'll be interesting. I would not be surprised if they say - join a current Ohio unit... we'll see.

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hi Rob,

What happens if the IBT doesn't approve the NOVA? Just curious ----- I still go camping. And I bet everyone else will also. And I bet not much different will change. But, this will be decided by the membership.

Or do you KNOW that it will get approved... ----- I know nothing absolutely. Just ask my wife.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #159
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I too have asked what to do for membership in the WBCCI if Nova is not accepted but i am not sure it has been answered by Dan. I have not renewed with the previous local unit and I want to be in Nova. If Nova is not approved soon, I will lose my status as a member and that is more my question rather than wondering if I will camp again. Of course I will. Should I join another unit interum or is the unit expected to be sanctioned before the International? I guess I will shop for the best price temporarily then and it's probably 4CU for me if they would have me. I prefer MAL status but find it inequitable to pay more for no unit than for a unit membership. Giving International not only the unit and international dues but an extra 5 dollars since MALs have no representation seems WRONG! But I might. I am waiting to see if I receive a renewal letter and so far I have not heard from headquarters.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #160
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
How many members of Nova are already WBCCI members?

photography
Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Virtual Rallies

Does this unit only rally virtually? You could infinitely rally over there on Virtual Worlds, Avatars, free 3D chat, online meetings - Second Life Official Site - I've always wanted to start up a Airstream Dealership over there.
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #162
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey how fun would that be? Would you make virtual money as an AS dealer or real?

photography
Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #163
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
How many members of Nova are already WBCCI members?
I am, so I guess that's one for the count.

Seems to me that Dan said somewhere previously that there's 10 affiliate members (me being one of those) in addition to the 10 (more?) charter members. In order to be an affiliate you must already be WBCCI so I guess at least 10 are already members of WBCCI. MALs converting probably puts that at 15 or so.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #164
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Are there any charter member applicants of Nova that are current members of the WBCCI and what units will they be transferring from?

By the way I just spent some fun time making an appearance in my second life thanks to Rob's link. pretty cool. Perhaps we could chat there. I wonder if we could get Bakers wagon wheel as an environment.

photography
Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #165
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Lorrie and I signed up for NOVA as Affiliates. We will retain our primary membership with the Metro-Detroit Unit.

I seem to remember reading that that a couple of weeks ago there were about 10 or 11 signed up for NOVA that would new Members or would be tranfering from MAL status. Not sure if any were transferring from a current unit. On top of that I thought there were about 15 Affiliates signed up.

I don't know exactly how this works until the new Unit is approved. I would think that the new members would become WBCCI MAL's as soon as they pay their dues, but since MAL dues are higher than NOVA dues, I am not sure. Maybe the thing that will happen is that no one has to pay for their membership until NOVA is approved or at least not until the provisional Charter is approved. Dan probably knows more than me.

I will note that I have exchanged a couple of emails with the Region 4 President about NOVA and he seems to support the idea. My guess is that we'll learn more after the Wid-Winter IBT meeting ends. I think the hope is that NOVA will have a provisional Charter soon thereafter, and that maybe a full Charter could occur at this years International Rally in Gillette, WY. I would hope that the recent experience with the 4CU would have greased the skids to help NOVA get through the process quicker.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #166
1 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
Richfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Are there any charter member applicants of Nova that are current members of the WBCCI and what units will they be transferring from?

I asked this question a few pages back. The answer I got was, The people or person starting this unit arent even members themselves. That being said, unless something has changed or unless you have a problem with your unit you belong to, or they have a problem with you, why would jump ship?

My personal opinion is, This unit will never happen. It is in a location that already has 4 units in it. No one here wants a virtual experience, they have very active units, and are constantly moving. I am trying to decide the one I want to join again, but they are all very very active making the choice difficult. All the units have joint or co-rallies, so I may join all 4.

I have found here going to luncheons, that these units are young at heart people, very active. There are some kids, I didnt ask if they were grand kids or there kids. I really dont want to babysit, or have to stop an activity because its nap time. I do think it is good for kids to be around older people, it causes them to act better, and they learn to be polite and respectfull. Sitting at a campfire, I like to relaxe, not watch a kid with his stick in the fire wondering if he is going to get burned, then listen to them cry. I want to stick my own stick in the fire, and I have had plenty of experience not to get burned. Maybe NOVA will have a virtual campfire. For me, I want the real thing...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #167
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Well Freewilly,

I've really done my best to try to answer your concerns. I'm to the point that I think no matter what I say you will still find fault, blame, or disapproval. That's fine. May I ask that we move this debate somewhere else?

The members, and prospective members, of NOVA are encouraged to keep this thread bookmarked for important announcements. I don't want to water it down with other topics.

I invite you to take a look at the new thread I'm starting. I'll again do my best to answer your concerns there.

Thanks for you cooperation,

www.campnova.com

Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #168
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Chat Room Announcement

This Sunday, Jan. 17th at 8:00 p.m. EST NOVA will be having a "formal" (ok, not really) meeting to discuss our current status.

I encourage everyone to make themselves available if possible.

I'm going to try to set this up in the private NOVA chat room if possible. I still go to see about how to get that going, and get everyone signed up.

We with either meet there or in the public room. I'll announce that later.

Spring is almost here ?

www.campnova.com