Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The IBT Executive Board will meet on Wednesday, June 27, 2012, beginning at 8:15 a.m. to be followed immediately by the International Board of Trustees meeting. There will be a break for lunch from approximately 12 noon to 1 p.m.

The Delegates Meeting will be held on Saturday, June 30, 2012, beginning at 8:30.

Audio for the meetings will be streamed live. A windows Streaming Server is being used. Anyone who wants to listen to the meetings must use Windows Media Player and connect to the audio at http://wbcci.primcast.com/wbcci.

I can't connect. Can anyone else hear the meetings live today of the IBT?

Maybe the meeting should be suspended until audio is restored.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I had audio during the first part of the meeting and then had to leave. Haven't had any since returning about an hour ago. Thought maybe they were done already??

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Nothing here as of 1:30

Again this is the message I am getting when I opn Media Player

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name may be incorrect or the server is busy. Try again later.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #32
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Nothing here as of 1:30
You're on Eastern Daylight Time, so you're probably tuning in an hour early.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
LUNCH

If I leave Media Player open will it pick up if the meeting restarts or do I have to try every 5 min?

Old 06-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I have to retry if I lose audio for any length of time.. I am getting the can't find server message.

Usually there will be music? during the breaks and lunch.
Not sure they had a whole lot to do today so it may be done.
If anything happened interesting maybe some one will post as we are heading north in a few minutes
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I get an orange construction cone when I went to the site. That usually means they are working on fixing a problem???

Rick what did they say this morning? Yesterday I thought it was noteworthy they suggested opening Internationals to all Airstreamers like Alumapalooza.

Where are the motions and new business listed?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The Madison International was an open rally. I do not know if any non-wbcci'ers came. It would not be like a buddy rally. Only Airstreamers would be allowed. One lady, that owns a Motor home, made a short speech saying we should allow non-Airtreams to join because we are losing members. No applause after that one. Afterwards, a man said FMCA lost 6,700 members last year and were now starting a marketing campaign similar to WBCCI.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The WBCCI does not need to market to SOB or Airstreamers that want to buy an SOB any more than the Mustang Club has to market to the VW owners of America.

There are 40,000 Airstreamers right here on this forum that are not members. If membership is in question market to those people.

As for FMC losing 6,000 members that is a drop in the bucket considering their membership numbers go well into the 100 thousands. In case you have not read the papers many people have lost their jobs and a general economic down turn can more than account for that loss.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #38

WBCCI is in self-destruct mode

Not too long ago we had 2000 rigs at an International. Today we are lucky to get 500. The membership numbers are declining just as fast. If you could listen (which you can't very often) you would hear members and delegates who don't have a clue that this fine organization is in self-destruct mode.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Marketing a product

Membership chairman said the members are not working hard enough to sign up new members. Also, members must make new members feel welcomed. Leaders need to keep rallies interesting.
Howard said we need more maintenance Rallies, since technical knowledge is what makes WBCCI worthwhile. He points to the success of the vintage maintenance rallies.
Others said it is all about the caravans and forming friendships during these caravans.

No one has asked the potential members, what they want in a club. Personally, I think we need to find out what potential members want. Then we need to see if it is possible to restructure the club and its activities to match their desires, while not losing our current members.
If the current membership/leaders think it is good idea, then we can build a new club. Then, and only then, we are ready to develop a successful marketing plan to attract them. Marketing effort alone is insufficient to solve the declining membership problem, if you do not have a product that is attractive and has a cost structure that is seen as valuable to the potential customers.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
Right on, Dwight!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Now that the rally is officially started does anyone have an updated trailer count??

In Ohio heading for the Bash
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #42
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
No one has asked the potential members, what they want in a club. Personally, I think we need to find out what potential members want. Then we need to see if it is possible to restructure the club and its activities to match their desires, while not losing our current members.
Part of the problem is: (1) how do you identify a potential member; and (2) how do you gather information from a potential member, without turning them away from club membership?

Being a new member myself, I would suggest this… For each new member (easier to identify and contact than potential members), ASK them what they want from the club. Then, LISTEN to what they have to say, and ACT on what we've heard.

This will go a long way to putting an end to people who join for a year then get out because the club doesn't meet their needs, and will make the club more appealing to folks who are considering joining.

The difference between a democracy, an autocracy, and a dictatorship is: in a democracy, change happens from the bottom up; in an autocracy, change happens from the top down; and in a dictatorship change doesn't happen. Which is WBCCI going to be?

I personally haven't been on a caravan. I still work for a living, for an organization that quite rightly makes me schedule my time off in well advance except for emergencies. Maybe caravans are fun, I don't know (yet), but they do tend to cater to people who have much free time and few commitments, i.e. retirees. So, despite the word "Caravan" being in the club's name, I didn't join WBCCI for the caravans.

As for technical knowledge being what makes WBCCI worthwhile, yes and no. Knowlege of any kind is worthwhile, the only wasted knowledge is knowledge that isn't shared. However, if I have a problem with my Airstream, WBCCI is not the first place I check to get an answer; that honor falls to the AirForums. So, I didn't join WBCCI for the knowledge base, either.

I joined WBCCI for the people. Anywhere I go, if I see an Airstream with big red numbers on it, I can walk over, introduce myself, and say, "Hello, friend!" As a solo camper, I don't mind spending time by myself; I can keep myself endlessly amused. But when I want company, with people who share at least one common interest, thanks to WBCCI I know where to find them. In the end, ANY club, not just WBCCI, is about the fellowship.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote