Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Im for the history also as I have posted before ,It is an important part of americana in this great country of ours.

Scott

Old 07-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
P.S. And we'd miss seeing Bubbles .....he was one of the highlights of the trip and Ben loves to tell people about how cool he was...

Old 07-07-2006, 07:55 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Flags a flying

During one of my last WDCU rallies ( I believe it was CBR in April), there were even a pair of Jolly Roger Boxers a fliyng high on one flag pole. No ties, no Berets ( we wear the WBCCI Baseball caps if anything at all), no real meetings at the rally to speak of - just good old camping out in a hay field.

And next year, we're looking at a Caravan instead of a Rally from central VA to Maine or the Adirondacks!

We don't like going after other units members, but if you are serious about going MAA, then spend the $1 and join us!

Also, remember, getting that Insurance Bond from WBCCI if you are ever going to host a rally is worth that $1!

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
we wear the WBCCI Baseball caps if anything at all
Rob
Now your having fun!
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
My 2 cents.

I always have to express my opinion when this pops up. My family has debated hard on this issue to become or not to become. Our local unit is 3 hrs away and there get together can be as much as 8 hrs away. There are not any children in this group and I was told by a member the only time they bring there gran children is maybe once a year they like it quite.
I have thought about just joining this next year to be able to go to Perry for the International next year (but why) just to be told where to park, how to park, what to wear and what not to wear, what flag and how many. Here in the south it sounds to me like who gets to go to the back of the bus times.
And not to mention all the fees when you get there.
So we are just going to stick to our fun camping trips with flamingos, 4 flags, and 3 sets of party lights.
I will add though some of the units look a whole lot funner then others.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
I always have to express my opinion when this pops up. My family has debated hard on this issue to become or not to become. Our local unit is 3 hrs away and there get together can be as much as 8 hrs away. There are not any children in this group and I was told by a member the only time they bring there gran children is maybe once a year they like it quite.
I have thought about just joining this next year to be able to go to Perry for the International next year (but why) just to be told where to park, how to park, what to wear and what not to wear, what flag and how many. Here in the south it sounds to me like who gets to go to the back of the bus times.
And not to mention all the fees when you get there.
So we are just going to stick to our fun camping trips with flamingos, 4 flags, and 3 sets of party lights.
I will add though some of the units look a whole lot funner then others.
I to am thinking along the same lines. I am really thinking hard about Perry GA. as I would like to say been there done that but it may not be worth the trouble. I have always worked in a structured environment, military and law enforcement. I like my time off to be free of rules and policies. I am not sure I would do real good with all the little rules and regulations for what amounts to a big camp out.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #21
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I'm with you on that Jim. I would like to go to Int'l and hang out for the VAC Open house for an afternoon or two but regulations on where your numbers have to be, how and where to park, proper way to wear your beret, three flags at certain heights and a certain order? I have to deal with this during my work week, not when I want to put my feet. WDU sounds like a good idea. I've been to one of the AZ unit's events, one of the few they have a year, and it wasn't for me.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
I now own a Beret...

Having had to borrow one for the opening ceremony in Salem I decided to purchase one of my own. Being a geek I'm kind of like'n it. It will now hang in a place of honor in my camper. There will be a small admission charge for those who would like to view it.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Rgesch, I think you have the right idea. We will be going MAL this fall. In our unit if you don't have a late model 34' trailer you are not in the click. If you want wine at a dinner you have to bring it in a container other than a wine bottle and drink out of a plastic glass. If you have a beer outside your trailer you are frowned upon. We have been members for 3 years and haven't seen one campfire yet. They don't like vintage trailers. After we got our 26' Argosy finished and painted, we went to a rally and were referred to as the "people in that old painted thing". Hope to meet up with you one day.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
My wife and I really enjoy getting together with fellow Airstream owners and camping.
When we joined the WBCCI, I made it very clear that there would be no meetings for me. When they start I leave and play with the kids. I also accept the fact that whatever is decided at the meetings can not be an issue with me since my decision was to not participate. Now an issue has come up which I can not ignore and that is the cost of rallies and dues to be a member of the WBCCI.
We can get together with a group of friends at a campground for a weekend for under a $50.00. Now rally fees alone are creeping up to twice that figure and then there is the camping fee. My wallet is not that thick to support the cost. What we are paying for are activities in which we do not participate; banquets we do not enjoy; store bought cakes; and other accoutrement's which are better suited for a party than camping.
Yes I know, I don't got to the meetings and have agreed to accept what is decided but there is a limit. When we look at the cost of the WBCCI and now even the VAC region rally we must make a decision. Is this a group we want to be part of for all of the reasons mentioned above? We like to camp and love to be with fellow Airstream owners. Sadly, I can not afford the WBCCI and VAC anymore.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
Now your having fun!
I quess all that rain in NY kept you all covered up....
Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan
Greetings 65GT,
You and I have talked about this before. Since under no condition will I renew with the NM Unit, but I want to be a member of WBCCI just to remain a member of VAC, please tell me more about WDCU (Like where do I send my money?).

By the way, wouldn't it make more since if VAC had "unit" status in its own right?
Ken--Not being a Vintage owner I'm wondering why you folks have to pay WBCCI dues in addition to VAC. It looks like a "Shakedown" by WBCCI. What do you need with them in the first place?? ---Pieman
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
I'm with you on that Jim. I would like to go to Int'l and hang out for the VAC Open house for an afternoon or two but regulations on where your numbers have to be, how and where to park, proper way to wear your beret, three flags at certain heights and a certain order? I have to deal with this during my work week, not when I want to put my feet. WDU sounds like a good idea. I've been to one of the AZ unit's events, one of the few they have a year, and it wasn't for me.

Brad
FF
Only stuffy shirt officer types wear the funny hats at official stuff. It is funny to see them walking around with them on. Helps you know who to stay away from.... If someone bothers you with rules stay thankyou and if they don't leave tell them to go away. The number help them know who you are and if you are signed up as you drive in. They have "a list". Put them on a sheet of lexan in your window and you can put them up or take them down. Went to a regional without numbers and the guy at the gate said you don't have your number on, I said they must have blown off. He didn't bother me after that. Frankly the only real requirements in the vintage section are that you park in a lined up space. Everyone parking where ever would make it hard to get around and find people with even 40 trailers let alone a thousand. You don't have to have flags. Put up your USMC flag and see if someone saids something. BS is BS, call it that and move on. Of course there are kids around and it's not an "adult" gathering.... mostly... kind of...
We will go to Perry for a few days but not do the junky stuff.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
Ken--Not being a Vintage owner I'm wondering why you folks have to pay WBCCI dues in addition to VAC. It looks like a "Shakedown" by WBCCI. What do you need with them in the first place?? ---Pieman
WBCCI membership is required to be a VAC member. VAC rule.