Old 01-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnzbernd
Yes, that's it. It now goes to the membership. Too bad there is so much bad information passed out on this forum!
I've decided to quit looking at this part of the forum because the same few keep re-hashing the same incorrect stuff (or words to that effect)!
R.B. Bernd
Chairman, WBCCI Name Selection Committee
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
It is too bad if there is so much bad information passed out on this forum! This is a knowledge sharing forum. What also is too bad is that a person such as yourself that is empowered and could act as an embassary chooses to shut his eyes rather than strive to correct misinformation and misunderstandings. It is too bad for the few who appear to be of a different opinion than you and it's also too bad for the whole of the forum users and the club members.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Yes, that's it. It now goes to the membership. Too bad there is so much bad information passed out on this forum!
I've decided to quit looking at this part of the forum because the same few keep re-hashing the same incorrect stuff (or words to that effect)!
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
I resemble that remark and would like to put your comment right back at you.

Although there were several motions put forth at the IBT Meeting Jan 2004 relating to the Name Change. Only ONE two part motion was passed to be referred to the Delegates Meeting.
[PI] THAT Should "Airstream" be included in the Club Name.

RB check out the nice new Directory page 24 Article II Sec 1. Gee what do you read....??

Let me help you... our Constitution states that our Club Name is WBCCI thus the intent of this motion was to ADD the word Airstream TO the CLUB NAME.

The second part to the motion kicked in only if the first part was carried by 2/3 majority ... which it was thus...

[PII] THAT IBT will have one (1) year to determine both a new name and the most cost effective and efficient method of implementation.

This DID NOT give IBT the power to go beyond the Principle Motion!! and let me state again what that motion read.

[PI] THAT Should "Airstream" be included in the Club Name

PS bad information you say - read again Sir - all the information on this forum is coming straight from the Horses Mouth - the Blue Beret , IBT Member reports within the Blue Beret and the Constitution. The only thing some of us are missing is the By-laws and Policies - which would be nice to receive a copy of those one day. Or do you have to be an Officer to attain a copy. Oh an possibly any further response on the 42 page comment book resulting from the Membership Survey That would be really nice because then maybe just maybe some of your members can understand the reasoning behind a Corporate Identity Change!!!!

Old 01-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Oh Wow,

I have not yet seen minutes for the 2005 Delegates' meeting, but from my notes and handouts of that meeting (I hope I'm not forgetting any amendments) I offer the following:

Yes, the first action item presented to the delegates stated the following:

"I move that a vote of the delegates be taken to determine if the name "Airstream" shall be included in the Club's name."

This was approved by delegate vote.

The catch is however that the delegates also approved the second motion which read...

"I move that the International Board of Trustees be directed to select a new name for the Club that includes the word "Airstream". This new name will be presented to the Delegates at their 2006 meeting for approval of the required constitutional amendment. If approved, the IBT will determine the most cost effective and efficient method of implementation at the earliest possible date."

It is easy to see how the confusion has occured.

A call for new name suggestions was placed to the membership through the Blue Beret. You all have read the name to be submitted to the delegates in June 2006 - Airstream Owners Association International.

Wherever you stand on interpreting the meaning behind the motions, (and I guess those persuaded to do so can debate it forever) the bottom line is this, WBCCI members have the power of the vote through their delegates! If you are a WBCCI member, vote to approve or disapprove the new name through your local unit. Therein lies your power.

Regarding the WBCCI constitution and bylaws, they are available to all members and are contained in the club's "Blue Book". The Constitution is also in the annual membership directory issued each January. Each unit is sent the complete Blue Book on disk twice a year as things are updated. Get the disk from your unit president and download it on your computer! Okay, logically, it should be on the club's website and frankly, I did not take time to see if it is there before I started typing this, but if it is not, I will pursue that for the benefit of all.

Renee
Region 3
2nd Vice President
Old 01-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Oops,

I just posted when my husband was signed on - the last Phred post was from me.

Renee
Region 3
2nd Vice President
Old 01-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #33
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Renee (my daughter's name too! )

So what happens if the vote in June gets a big thumbs down? Do we get to keep WBCCI, or is this name change going to happen regardless? This is the confusing part about the whole thing. By the way, my apologies, if I put out any info which wasn't 100% accurate....my first post was based on second hand info.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Renee - I have sent you a PM

Thank You very much for providing further information - it is very much appreciated.

A note for all to read....my comment...

Motions of such importance should have no room for confusion or up for interpretation. They should be clear and consise. If not, then every effort should be made to clear up the confusion before the next level voting takes place.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Frederic,

My understanding is the following...

If the name change is voted down, we continue with WBCCI.

Further motions to deal with possible name changes would have to come from a Unit, be approved by a majority of the units within that Region and be certified by that Region president and submitted to Headquarters by March 1 prior to a delegates' meeting. This is a long process but it could come up again in a subsequent
Old 01-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Quote:
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
Bad. Very bad. We value all opinions.I voted for the name change, but I don't agree with this attitude. This is after all a FORUM! ( HI 65 GT! ,Briget)
Old 01-19-2006, 10:38 PM   #37
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Easy to do! Just go to your 'User CP', under the 'Miscellaneous' heading you will find the 'Buddy/Ignore List' utility.

Just add anyone you don't want to hear from to the ignore list.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Quote:
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI

In regards to your quote above:

I was going to PM you on this, but decided to "go public".

May I point out that you had 5 days from the time this thread appeared until the date you made the above comment -?

If YOU do not offer correct information - and correct any bad information - then who?

The decision on your part to "quit looking at this part of the forum" is not conducive to effective leadership - on the other hand, to me, it inferred a lack of maturity.

Although I am a member of the WBCCI, and have been for several years, I made an intelligent choice many years ago to NOT join any military group, and it appears more and more that that is what the WBCCI is all about - a military organization - more bent on rules and pageantry rather than having fun.

I agree with many other active campers here on the Forum - "It's not the name that's broke".

Each and every one of the people I enjoy camping with utilizes the internet for communication and planning - yet take a poll of your WBCCI membership - what percentage of your (aging and dying) membership does the same? -- How many of your units even HAVE a web site??

As far as just what is broken - how will the WBCCI attract AND keep the "next" generation (55 to 60 year olds)? What about the "secret" polls and closed door meetings? And then there is the archaic march of leadership "through the files" with elections predetermined by a select few.

And just who will disperse correct information to the general membership and to the Forums - and how?

This Forum contains the best and most passionate membership of AS owners anywhere - the WBCCI should not only be recruiting from within these ranks, but should also utilize these Forums to recognize what is wrong - and what to change....

It is not the name.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
1 Rivet Member

Meridian , Idaho
IBT Vote result

Dennis,

While I didn't count the last time I was there you will find links to all known unit websites by going to wbcci.org and linking down through the regions. There are quite a few.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Dennis,

While I didn't count the last time I was there you will find links to all known unit websites by going to wbcci.org and linking down through the regions. There are quite a few.
I did the exercise - the results are below:

Units with links from the WBCCI Home Page

Region 1 6 of 6 Units
Region 2 6 of 18 Units
Region 3 0 of 23 Units Regional Web Page Not Accessible
Region 4 0 of 19 Units Regional Web Page Not Accessible
Region 5 7 of 11 Units
Region 6 0 of 12 Units Regional Web Page Not Accessible
Region 7 1 of 5 Units
Region 8 3 of 8 Units
Region 9 3 of 14 Units
Region 10 6 of 8 Units
Region 11 7 of 7 Units
Region 12 14 of 14 Units

Total Units linked were 53 out of 145, or 37%.

Not a stellar performance, although I grant that the outcome would be greatly enhanced had the WBCCI.org links to Regions 3, 4, and 6 been operational.

The point is, especially in Regions 2, 7, 8, and 9 (and, assuming Regions 3, 4, and 6 would fall into this same category, to include these also) the WBCCI is woefully inadequate in communicating at a level that the 21st century potential replacement member demand – via the internet.

I do not wish the premier RV brand name travel trailer organization to go the way of the Do-Do bird. On the contrary, I would hope that it would prosper. I am just pointing out where the organization is, in my opinion, making failing grades. I hope they recognize and rectify their problems before it is too late.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT????????

Mike has been great - with statistics - I just discovered a shocking statistic for our own Unit. While I have communicated and offered my services AGAIN.

You speak of links to Units and the number of Units that have Web Sites. Very interesting and brings up many thoughts about the administration.

I now speak of membership numbers dropping. I have only been a member for two years.

But I will admit publically that I am ashamed.....Last year we were informed by (either the Region or WBCCI) that we are the fastest growing unit in the whole of WBCCI - we have had approximately 58 new members in just two years. I was proud and thought great - maybe I am missing all the good events??? to warrent such a title....

In our news letters we see the announcements of the new members and are encouraged to contact them. We also see the sad announcements of those members who have passed away. We see news of the Snow birds and the single biggest charity program Linus Blankets. We see reports of Rallies with this tour and that entertainment and small donations to this group or that.....and that is that.

But we do not here of the stats that tell us over the same 2 year period we have LOST 77 members.

What is wrong with this whole system??????

Yes I am a disgruntled member and terribly disappointed. I know several will say here you make it what you can - but if they are all "brain-washed" into a specific system they have all evolved into for those members that have beem members over 5 years the only way to break it is to break out of it.

I have offered to contact all 77 members (hoping that none were unlucky to have passed away) - It is a thankless task - as you can be the brunt of some harsh comments by non-members - this is where this forum has opened my eyes - you just have to ask for input and boy you shall receive it. I have broad shoulders and hope that they will take me up on my offer.

It would be great to hold an exclusive Rally/Gathering/Get together or whatever you want to call it - just for those members who have left.
With a few pointed questions and an invite - you could probably run a very cool and interesting Rally.

During which all can develop steps together to change the direction of the Unit get involved at the level they feel comfortable - and look forward to the next time a Rally is held. Hmm sounds like the makings of a new Unit to me????
Old 01-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #42

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH
I did the exercise - the results are below:

The point is, especially in Regions 2, 7, 8, and 9 (and, assuming Regions 3, 4, and 6 would fall into this same category, to include these also) the WBCCI is woefully inadequate in communicating at a level that the 21st century potential replacement member demand – via the internet.
I know our region 8 site has problems. The International WBCCI site link sends you to the old site. From the old site another link there gets you to the new site. From the new site main page there are links to what you think are the various unit's web page. Those sites are not the official web site but instead are a one page site for each unit built by the regional web master. On that page there is another link that then takes you to the real web site that the unit provides. To make things worse the region 8 pages have music tied to them which immediately discourages some folks, since to have music pop onto your PC in the wrong environment immediately leads you to shut the page down.

I need to have a heart to heart with the regional guy.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote