Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #21
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Grey Goose for us. I bring a battery charger - how about that???
I've always found that potato vodka goes down my gullet smoother than grain vodka. You bring the batter charger, I'll bring the bullhorns.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
As a long time member, 28 years, we feel the same about the name change, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides the cost of changing everything (at IBT last year it was said to be about $100,000.00), it is an insult to Wally Byam. He built Airstream from the ground up and he was the founder of WBCCI. When Airstream is celebrating it's 75th year and the WBCCI 50 years, what a slap in the face! So what if it takes all of 20 seconds to explain that WBCCI means you belong to the club that only accepts Airstream products. You have that persons attention for those few seconds, where if it said Airstream Owners Assoc. International, Incorp.,AOAII (sounds like a yodel) you wouldn't have his attention at all
Janssvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82
I've always found that potato vodka goes down my gullet smoother than grain vodka. You bring the batter charger, I'll bring the bullhorns.

Frederic
Ha! You bring the Chopin! We'll bring our 25 watt blowtorch SPECO, a magnum of goose AND a modified intellipower, capable of charging any battery in under 4 seconds!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssvt
As a long time member, 28 years, we feel the same about the name change, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides the cost of changing everything (at IBT last year it was said to be about $100,000.00), it is an insult to Wally Byam. He built Airstream from the ground up and he was the founder of WBCCI. When Airstream is celebrating it's 75th year and the WBCCI 50 years, what a slap in the face! So what if it takes all of 20 seconds to explain that WBCCI means you belong to the club that only accepts Airstream products. You have that persons attention for those few seconds, where if it said Airstream Owners Assoc. International, Incorp.,AOAII (sounds like a yodel) you wouldn't have his attention at all
$100,000!?! I would love to see that documented somewhere! Was that a statement or was that an actual estimate?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Worthy of Noting

It is a worthy point to note that the WBCCI IBT is only moving forward with a name change because the delegates from the units across the United States and Canada voted to have them do so. The majority of the voting members in the club have requested a new name that will include the word Airstream. Any challenge to this would need to be addressed to the voting members, not the IBT! Democracy at work!

Delegates will vote on the new proposed name, Airstream Owners Association International Incorporated (to be abbreviated AOAI) at the June 30, 2006 Delegates' meeting at the International Rally.
Communicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I keep hearing this argument and I keep saying back to it - the delegates agreed to include the name/word "Airstream" in the existing corporate name WBCCI From there a Task force was appointed to RESEARCH and STUDY the costs associated with a name change AND to determine the new name with the Word Airstream in the Existing Corporate Name.

So you tell me how this whole process has been hi-jacked and where AOA, AOAI and AOAII even came from??????
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #27
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Because in the minutes, from what Linda Amme just told me on the phone, the only thing that was written was that there was a proposal to change the club name, not that there was a proposal to add the word Airstream. Since there was no resolution at the three hour IBT meeting, they agreed to put it to a delegate vote at the Rally in Salem. It will be up to the unit members to tell their delegates what they want. A very good point that was brought up was that many of the old timers don't bother with the internet to keep up on WBCCI activity. What should be done, is to send out a mass mailer via snail mail and inform all the members what's going on. Of course, the minutes will be available in the next Blue Beret too, so I really don't see any excuse for lack of action. The only way I see this resolution passing is because too many members just didn't care enough to do anything about it. Our greatest enemy is indifference.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 01-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Olympia , Washington
Yes, that's it. It now goes to the membership. Too bad there is so much bad information passed out on this forum!
I've decided to quit looking at this part of the forum because the same few keep re-hashing the same incorrect stuff (or words to that effect)!
R.B. Bernd
Chairman, WBCCI Name Selection Committee
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
rnzbernd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnzbernd
Yes, that's it. It now goes to the membership. Too bad there is so much bad information passed out on this forum!
I've decided to quit looking at this part of the forum because the same few keep re-hashing the same incorrect stuff (or words to that effect)!
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
It is too bad if there is so much bad information passed out on this forum! This is a knowledge sharing forum. What also is too bad is that a person such as yourself that is empowered and could act as an embassary chooses to shut his eyes rather than strive to correct misinformation and misunderstandings. It is too bad for the few who appear to be of a different opinion than you and it's also too bad for the whole of the forum users and the club members.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
I resemble that remark and would like to put your comment right back at you.

Although there were several motions put forth at the IBT Meeting Jan 2004 relating to the Name Change. Only ONE two part motion was passed to be referred to the Delegates Meeting.
[PI] THAT Should "Airstream" be included in the Club Name.

RB check out the nice new Directory page 24 Article II Sec 1. Gee what do you read....??

Let me help you... our Constitution states that our Club Name is WBCCI thus the intent of this motion was to ADD the word Airstream TO the CLUB NAME.

The second part to the motion kicked in only if the first part was carried by 2/3 majority ... which it was thus...

[PII] THAT IBT will have one (1) year to determine both a new name and the most cost effective and efficient method of implementation.

This DID NOT give IBT the power to go beyond the Principle Motion!! and let me state again what that motion read.

[PI] THAT Should "Airstream" be included in the Club Name

PS bad information you say - read again Sir - all the information on this forum is coming straight from the Horses Mouth - the Blue Beret , IBT Member reports within the Blue Beret and the Constitution. The only thing some of us are missing is the By-laws and Policies - which would be nice to receive a copy of those one day. Or do you have to be an Officer to attain a copy. Oh an possibly any further response on the 42 page comment book resulting from the Membership Survey That would be really nice because then maybe just maybe some of your members can understand the reasoning behind a Corporate Identity Change!!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Oh Wow,

I have not yet seen minutes for the 2005 Delegates' meeting, but from my notes and handouts of that meeting (I hope I'm not forgetting any amendments) I offer the following:

Yes, the first action item presented to the delegates stated the following:

"I move that a vote of the delegates be taken to determine if the name "Airstream" shall be included in the Club's name."

This was approved by delegate vote.

The catch is however that the delegates also approved the second motion which read...

"I move that the International Board of Trustees be directed to select a new name for the Club that includes the word "Airstream". This new name will be presented to the Delegates at their 2006 meeting for approval of the required constitutional amendment. If approved, the IBT will determine the most cost effective and efficient method of implementation at the earliest possible date."

It is easy to see how the confusion has occured.

A call for new name suggestions was placed to the membership through the Blue Beret. You all have read the name to be submitted to the delegates in June 2006 - Airstream Owners Association International.

Wherever you stand on interpreting the meaning behind the motions, (and I guess those persuaded to do so can debate it forever) the bottom line is this, WBCCI members have the power of the vote through their delegates! If you are a WBCCI member, vote to approve or disapprove the new name through your local unit. Therein lies your power.

Regarding the WBCCI constitution and bylaws, they are available to all members and are contained in the club's "Blue Book". The Constitution is also in the annual membership directory issued each January. Each unit is sent the complete Blue Book on disk twice a year as things are updated. Get the disk from your unit president and download it on your computer! Okay, logically, it should be on the club's website and frankly, I did not take time to see if it is there before I started typing this, but if it is not, I will pursue that for the benefit of all.

Renee
Region 3
2nd Vice President
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Oops,

I just posted when my husband was signed on - the last Phred post was from me.

Renee
Region 3
2nd Vice President
Old 01-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #33
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Renee (my daughter's name too! )

So what happens if the vote in June gets a big thumbs down? Do we get to keep WBCCI, or is this name change going to happen regardless? This is the confusing part about the whole thing. By the way, my apologies, if I put out any info which wasn't 100% accurate....my first post was based on second hand info.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Renee - I have sent you a PM

Thank You very much for providing further information - it is very much appreciated.

A note for all to read....my comment...

Motions of such importance should have no room for confusion or up for interpretation. They should be clear and consise. If not, then every effort should be made to clear up the confusion before the next level voting takes place.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Frederic,

My understanding is the following...

If the name change is voted down, we continue with WBCCI.

Further motions to deal with possible name changes would have to come from a Unit, be approved by a majority of the units within that Region and be certified by that Region president and submitted to Headquarters by March 1 prior to a delegates' meeting. This is a long process but it could come up again in a subsequent
Old 01-19-2006, 09:22 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Quote:
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
Bad. Very bad. We value all opinions.I voted for the name change, but I don't agree with this attitude. This is after all a FORUM! ( HI 65 GT! ,Briget)
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #37
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Easy to do! Just go to your 'User CP', under the 'Miscellaneous' heading you will find the 'Buddy/Ignore List' utility.

Just add anyone you don't want to hear from to the ignore list.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:37 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Quote:
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI

In regards to your quote above:

I was going to PM you on this, but decided to "go public".

May I point out that you had 5 days from the time this thread appeared until the date you made the above comment -?

If YOU do not offer correct information - and correct any bad information - then who?

The decision on your part to "quit looking at this part of the forum" is not conducive to effective leadership - on the other hand, to me, it inferred a lack of maturity.

Although I am a member of the WBCCI, and have been for several years, I made an intelligent choice many years ago to NOT join any military group, and it appears more and more that that is what the WBCCI is all about - a military organization - more bent on rules and pageantry rather than having fun.

I agree with many other active campers here on the Forum - "It's not the name that's broke".

Each and every one of the people I enjoy camping with utilizes the internet for communication and planning - yet take a poll of your WBCCI membership - what percentage of your (aging and dying) membership does the same? -- How many of your units even HAVE a web site??

As far as just what is broken - how will the WBCCI attract AND keep the "next" generation (55 to 60 year olds)? What about the "secret" polls and closed door meetings? And then there is the archaic march of leadership "through the files" with elections predetermined by a select few.

And just who will disperse correct information to the general membership and to the Forums - and how?

This Forum contains the best and most passionate membership of AS owners anywhere - the WBCCI should not only be recruiting from within these ranks, but should also utilize these Forums to recognize what is wrong - and what to change....

It is not the name.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #39
1 Rivet Member

Meridian , Idaho
IBT Vote result

Dennis,

While I didn't count the last time I was there you will find links to all known unit websites by going to wbcci.org and linking down through the regions. There are quite a few.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Dennis,

While I didn't count the last time I was there you will find links to all known unit websites by going to wbcci.org and linking down through the regions. There are quite a few.
I did the exercise - the results are below:

Units with links from the WBCCI Home Page

Region 1 6 of 6 Units
Region 2 6 of 18 Units
Region 3 0 of 23 Units Regional Web Page Not Accessible
Region 4 0 of 19 Units Regional Web Page Not Accessible
Region 5 7 of 11 Units
Region 6 0 of 12 Units Regional Web Page Not Accessible
Region 7 1 of 5 Units
Region 8 3 of 8 Units
Region 9 3 of 14 Units
Region 10 6 of 8 Units
Region 11 7 of 7 Units
Region 12 14 of 14 Units

Total Units linked were 53 out of 145, or 37%.

Not a stellar performance, although I grant that the outcome would be greatly enhanced had the WBCCI.org links to Regions 3, 4, and 6 been operational.

The point is, especially in Regions 2, 7, 8, and 9 (and, assuming Regions 3, 4, and 6 would fall into this same category, to include these also) the WBCCI is woefully inadequate in communicating at a level that the 21st century potential replacement member demand – via the internet.

I do not wish the premier RV brand name travel trailer organization to go the way of the Do-Do bird. On the contrary, I would hope that it would prosper. I am just pointing out where the organization is, in my opinion, making failing grades. I hope they recognize and rectify their problems before it is too late.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote